RC2: Admin Unable to Change Theme for User

Started by poolhall, November 16, 2009, 11:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

i am not sure i understand 2 though, do you mean that if you cant select a theme other then the "default" the option to change theme would not show?

emanuele

Pretty much.
Admins can change their members' themes from the profile page even if the admin setting is disabled.
Of course admins must have the possibility to use another theme (i.e. ?theme=1) because if there is any problem with a theme they must be able to override the setting and change their own, but at the same time if an admin is visiting the profile of another (non-admin strictly speaking) member it's useless to present the option to change the theme to this user because even if the admin changes the theme of the member, this user will always see the default forum theme.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Joker™

In simple words, admins are and should be superman ;).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Arantor

Retracked as https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/1306 so it gets done for 2.1.

Note: two options are presented there, one of which is to actually do what the OP requested which is conceptually fine, and clearer and more consistent than what was later proposed. Don't know yet what we will do, but it WILL be changed one way or another.

Advertisement: