News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

More Spiders

Started by SleePy, April 10, 2008, 11:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hristo

Quote from: SleePy on April 10, 2008, 11:01:45 PM

For manual installation, just upload AddMoreSpiders.php to your SMF directory and run it in your browser (then delete the file).

As you see it's very easy to do. In your case you have to upload the attached file, not the one in the original mod.

Impsat-1

Ufff!!!... this MOD is great, but don't work for SMF 2.0.7.... the autor or any, can UpDate for the last versions of SMF??? may be yes... I hope yes :), Thanks ;)

Thanks & Regards 8)
Vive Cáda Momento De Tu Vida Como Si Fueras a Irte Mañana, Más Planificala Cómo Si Jamás Fueras a Irte ;).-

TheListener

Er this mod does work on 2.0.7

Read the Mod Emulate link in my signature.

shadav

i know this is old, and I saw where kokette made an update.....

any chance on someone making another update  :P
thank you

today I had 26 guests online at them same time..... yeah I know they were like 24 spiders and maybe 2 guests :p
would like for it to figure out which crawlers they were

Arantor

Did you turn on the spider tracking? It's not on by default even with this mod installed.

shadav

in the search engine settings, yes I have it set to high, applied restrictions to a bot group i created, and show spider names

Arantor

Then the bots you get, if they are bots, are not ones on this list.

shadav

*giggles* which is why I would like for someone to update this :)

I'm guessing the bots were from yandax, bing, or addthis as I had been submitting my site to be indexed and then I have addthis widgets on my site..... I mean I could be wrong but that's my guess anyways as to where the bots were from

Arantor

You know you could add the spiders you get to your own site, right?

shadav

Quote from: Arantor on September 27, 2019, 02:32:43 AM
You know you could add the spiders you get to your own site, right?
I'm not sure how, that's the problem....
I mean  add ips to the list of spiders in the admin when I find them after searching the ip, but other than that, I don't know how ;) what files do I need to look for

Arantor

In the "Search Engines" area you can go to Add Spider and add a spider based on its IP or user agent.

User Agent is way more reliable and you get that from your logs.

gorbi

How to Track AI Spiders?

gorbi

What's changed in the latest release?

Advertisement: