News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFShop - Shop MOD

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, December 27, 2004, 06:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

You can't use points to pay for real items yet.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Prosperous

What do you mean? I am the hosting service, I will be offering the hosting packages via the shop and my clients will purchase the packages from the shop with their points. It can't work like that?
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Looking for or in need of free or paid hosting?
Please contact me now or visit the link above for my very own hosting service.

vbgamer45

Does not work like that at the moment. You would need to create a custom item and have it coded to handle real world purchases.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Prosperous

Oh I get you now, but I don't want it to act like that. All I want to do at the moment is for a client to purchase the item (which you state as being custom as I have to create it) with their points on the forum, then I will see that it's been purchased and I will manually create the hosting account for them.

Does that sound more logical?
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

vbgamer45

That would work but you would need to monitor the items bought daily to check that people ordered a package.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Prosperous

Yeah of course. I require them to request a package in a board on the forum and then it will go on from there. I have a couple more questions for you:

- There is some text in the shop pages that say credits and what not, where are those files so I can edit the text to say points (if I'm allowed to do that of course)?
- Also, on my profile it says 'Credits:' and then shows my points as '2 points'. How can I change the 'Credits:' bit to 'Points' and remove the 'points' from '2 points'?

Thanks for the help so far.
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Daisuke_aurora

Under the Admin tab, you can select General Settings, then you can change the Prefix to Points and leave the Suffix box empty.

And you could make the package so that when the user uses the item, it just sends you a PM to tell you that "Username" has purchased an account.

Prosperous

Yeah I've already set all that up, but in my profile it displays as this:

Credits:

Whilst it is correct in post view, it is incorrect in profile view... I want the field to only have the points and the 'Credits:' to say 'Points:'. Do you get what I mean?
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Daisuke_aurora

sure do.

in forum/themes/default

in profile.template.php:

use the Ctrl + f function to find the word "Credits" and replace it with whatever you want it to be, in this case "Points" and then turn off the prexif on admin/shop admin/general settings.

Kreator

I have a suggestion for any new updates, Once you have made an Item, ( especially Downloads) it would be nice to be able to edit the Path of the file. You are unable to do this at the moment and requires the item to be deleted and then start a new item.

Daisuke_aurora

That can be done. If you'd like I can work on it. It would basically make the path to the download something you can edit from the edit screen.

And you could always edit the DB fields or the file for the item to change the Download.

GMCbris

I have searched this and was shown a lot of old entries - but the change log says this is fixed

Steal is only giving negative karma - basically you always fail

We have tested it and for the last 30 attempts it fails

Should I try change the code as suggested in posts back in 07?

Thanks

Prosperous

Quote from: Daisuke_aurora on November 25, 2009, 01:56:09 PM
sure do.

in forum/themes/default

in profile.template.php:

use the Ctrl + f function to find the word "Credits" and replace it with whatever you want it to be, in this case "Points" and then turn off the prexif on admin/shop admin/general settings.
I don't find the word 'Credits', except in the code below:

<dt>', $txt['shop_profile_credits'], ':</dt>

I am 100% sure that I am in the right file also. Do you know what the problem is?
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Daisuke_aurora

in forum/themes/default/languages

in shop.english.php:

USe CTRL + H to find and replace all instances of Credits with Points. This should fix the profiles as well as things like the Shop saying you have Credits.

Prosperous

I have just taken a look through the entire file and edited the things that I thought needed editing. I haven't seen any changes yet, does it take time for the forum to notice the file has been changed? If not, then I don't know what's happened. I edited the file in cPanel via the 'Edit File with Code Editor' link (it's like using DreamWeaver in cPanel itself).

I didn't notice the option to edit the 'Credits:' text in user profiles. I am unsure whether I edited it or not so I'll just wait for a reply for the above question.

Thanks for your help so far Daisuke_aurora.
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Daisuke_aurora

Not a problem. I'd be of more help if I saw the changes to the way SMF shop has been coded by vbgamer45, as he seems to have made changes to the way it is done.

Prosperous

Do you think it better for me to post on the official SMFShop support forum?
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Daisuke_aurora

Unfortunately, no. Dansoft gave this prokect up a little while ago, and I believe vbgamer45 unofficially picked it up. He wrote the new version as far as I know, so he should be able to fix your problem easily. As I said, my fix works for the older versions of SMF shop. However, if you need any other PHP coding help, feel free to PM me.

Prosperous

Oh really? That's not good at all. Well in a way it's good that someone has taken over the project but I really thought that Daniel was still dealing with the project. So vbgamer45 is the creator of the new version, right? If so, then it's most probably him that I'll need to speak to.

That should be all for now to be honest Daisuke_aurora, however the only problem I'm having is still to do with updating the shops pages. I have edited descriptions and the welcome message in the file you specified however it's now been over 7 hours and nothing has changed... If it was server or cPanel related, surely it'd be fixed by now?
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

ishy

I have an issue in that images are not showing up within the shop. The perms are set on the images folder to 777, so is there something else I am missing?

And...can you use html or bbcode within the shop?

Advertisement: