SMFShop - Shop MOD

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, December 27, 2004, 06:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orbit45244

Quote from: scrawl on July 27, 2005, 07:46:35 PM
is there any way to make the shop mod not credit accounts for posts in a certain section of the forum? i'm wanting to do this but am not sure how to. any help appreciated.

pce

scrawl

Request this for a future version or learn PHP and extend the mod.

littleone

It has been reported to me that the bank is not doing the interest.  I have it set a 5% and its not awarding it to anyone.  Any help is appreciated.

Kindred

As noted in the install, you have to set up a chron job to run the interest function...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

littleone

I've finally figure out how to apply mods but I have no Idea what a cron is.  Please explain set by step if possible. lol Thanks!  Appreciate it.

Kindred

Chron, as in "time" is a "job" that is sety to be run every X period (once a day, once an hour, etc etc)

You set this in your CPanel. (there should be an option called Chron or Cron)...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

littleone

It is asking me for a command.  What command do I put in?

diplomat.

Quote from: scrawl on July 27, 2005, 07:46:35 PM
is there any way to make the shop mod not credit accounts for posts in a certain section of the forum? i'm wanting to do this but am not sure how to. any help appreciated.

pce

scrawl

i found away to temporarily make that happen:

in Post.php look for

//BEGIN Shop MOD 0.2 code
        $result = db_query("UPDATE {$db_prefix}members
                            SET money = money + {$modSettings['shopPointsPerTopic']}
                            WHERE ID_MEMBER = {$ID_MEMBER}
                            LIMIT 1", __FILE__, __LINE__);
        //END SHOP MOD

replace with

if ($GLOBALS['board'] == ##)
{
  echo '';
}
else
{
                            SET money = money + {$modSettings['shopPointsPerTopic']}
        //END SHOP MOD
}

AND search for

SET money = money + {$modSettings['shopPointsPerPost']}
        //END SHOP MOD

and replace with

if ($GLOBALS['board'] == ##)
{
  echo '';
}
else
{
                            SET money = money + {$modSettings['shopPointsPerPost']}
        //END SHOP MOD
}

Where if ($GLOBALS['board'] == ##) is the boardID of the board you which to NOT increase money. Just replace the ## in them both. To add more boards, put
|| $GLOBALS['board'] == ##
after the first board, etc.

ex
if ($GLOBALS['board'] == ## || $GLOBALS['board'] == ##)

Worked for me
avidSOUND.com: Where Aspiring Musicians Can Be HEARD!

Fiery

Hey,  I deleted the mod because im not really sure what I would use it for (what do you use it for)

Anyways I got everything deleted manually except in posts right under gender View Inventory still appears... What file do i need to modify to fix that?

THANKS

Humbe

i followed all the steps and when i opened the file InstallScript.php this appeared

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Humbe

i already installed it but it doesnt show up

Humbe

guys please can somebody install me the shop i cant i dont know why please

Trekkie101

All the tests pass apart from the two to Post.php, I believe what its looking for must still be there, they are pretty big functions, any chance of a quick glance, I think thats all thats needed for 1.1B3 compatability?

Daniel15

All the tests pass apart from the two to Post.php, I believe what its looking for must still be there, they are pretty big functions, any chance of a quick glance, I think thats all thats needed for 1.1B3 compatability?

Sorry, not yet. Beta versions tend to change a lot before the final release, whereas once it's in the Release Candidate stage, i'll update SMFShop to support it.
-----
I found a bug when using SMFShop in SMF version 1.0.5.  When you change the number of points you get for events, it shows the new number you put in, in the Shop CP, but people still get the number of points that comes default with the mod.
This shouldn't happen, because Post.php and the admin panel both get the value from the same place. Try making a few more posts, and see if it still happens.
-----
It is asking me for a [cron] command.  What command do I put in?
On most hosts, this will be something like

/usr/bin/php -q /home/[username]/public_html/[forum]/Sources/shop/dointerest.php > /home/[username]/public_html/[forum]/interest_log.htm

Set this command to run every day at 12:00AM
-----
Sorry, but this is not in-built yet. You could follow Diplömat's instructions (Reply 506 on Page 24) if you really wanted to.
-----
...Anyways I got everything deleted manually except in posts right under gender View Inventory still appears... What file do i need to modify to fix that?
The file you need to modify is Display.template.php. This is located in Themes/[themename]/Display.template.php
-----
i already installed it but it doesnt show up
Are you sure you installed it properly? Does it appear in the admin panel? Do you get points when you post? Please be more specific.

Any more questions, please feel free to ask!
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Fiery

Is there a list of stuff the mod can be used for.  I was sort of confused.. does the hamburger actually do anything?

Thanks

azuregenesis

i had a couple of questions earlier in the pages daniel :)

like how to remove the price cap in the shop (it's capped at 100K)

and how to lower the number of queries made by the boards after this shopMOD was installed.

greyknight17

Quote from: pmp6nl on July 31, 2005, 01:30:20 AM
Is there a list of stuff the mod can be used for.  I was sort of confused.. does the hamburger actually do anything?

Thanks
Didn't know what you were talking about until I played around with it a little.  You meant the image?  It's just for show.  You can choose, say the hamburger, for increase 100 post count.  Then when you go to the shop, next to that 100 post count entry, you will see the hamburger picture.  At least that's what I think it's for.  Just for show?

I have a question.  If we wanted to add our own items, how do we do it?  I mean, do we need to create our own scripts to make it work?  For example, let's say I wanted to make a post so that the user can upload attachments in the forum.  How would I do this?

Also for these items (like Change your User Title), do we have to make sure they are enabled (maybe disabled) first?

littleone

I have a question:

It keeps coming up in my errors page, that the shop and arcade have "undefined index" errors on like the boardindex, template.index, and so forth.  Any suggestions?

Humbe

daniel can you install me the shop in my forum please ?

mennou

i need help  with my buy   
everytime i click on buy i got this  message

Table 'mixspot_smf3.smf_shop_inventory' doesn't exist
File: /usr/home/mixspot/public_html/forum2/Sources/shop/Shop.php
Line: 208    how can i fix that??

INIC

Is this an online store/shop mod where we can add and sell a product/s? The only info given about what is is/does is that is is "similar to IBStore" - Cool - what is IBStore?  And Pahlease, before suggesting I look up what an IBStore is, the SMFShop mod says "similar to".  Anyway, way things are going this week, if I find a IBStore description, it probably says it's similar to SMF Shop Mod. :)

Also, I installed the Mod to see if it is what I'm looking for and according the the instructions, once installed, and it did successfully, I should just click on the "Shop" button at the top of the Forum - but there isn't any - any where.

So, knowing what it is will help me decide if I should continue trying to make it work - or not.

Thanks MUCH
WANTED - - will split atoms in exchange for ride back to home planet.

Advertisement: