Started by Snuffy, November 12, 2016, 03:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snuffy

First the Site Data:
    SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
    TinyPortal © 2005-2011
    XHTML RSS WAP2

Also I am using SMFHacks: Download System Pro latest release

I know this has been a topic for a while, as I have posted a few years back when it first happened to me, and understand that clearing cookies should fix it, and sometimes does temporally but it don't seem to work for me as I have cleared the cookies and even renamed the one for my site.

As admin with several Category Areas and a large download area with several Download Areas and over 200 regular members, I like to logoff with my admin and login with a normal user account just to check and see exactly what the users see and how the screens display to them.

But still getting the error of "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again." But we all know that it don't work like that.

Was wondering if there has been a fix found for this yet that I may have missed?
And is someone still trying to finger it out?

Arantor

What exactly are you doing when you get that error? It's a very generic error.

Snuffy

Just Clicking Logout off my Admin account to attempt to log back in with my normal user account I made about 8-9 years ago on my site as a Normal User.

But it has not worked now for about 5-6 years at least.

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

nend

Been having this problem occasionally. I have a general idea of what is going on in my case, however it is beyond my coding ability of doing anything about it.

The problem usually occurs when just logging in or out and I'm switched to a node that is overloaded. I have been able to successfully distinguish bad nodes on PHP side but controlling nodes used is another story and is something only my host has control over.

If your on a grid/cloud host and this continues, then give them a buzz.

Advertisement: