News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Social Login

Started by erich199, November 23, 2023, 10:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erich199

I was wondering if the SMF team has considered adding a social login as part of the core? Perhaps some common ones like Facebook, X(Formally Twitter), Google, Steam, Discord?

Just a suggestion.

Kindred

Meh, I think that belongs as a mod, myself.... especially since the idiot services frequently change their API which would require a new version of the software every time
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

The API changes makes it hard. I use the OneALL social plugin on my sites.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

erich199

Quote from: Kindred on November 23, 2023, 10:52:03 PMMeh, I think that belongs as a mod, myself.... especially since the idiot services frequently change their API which would require a new version of the software every time
Obviously this is a true and frustrating, but no one ever said progress was "easy". :) But on one hand, I do understand this since the SMF team is smaller than many other forum teams. So, from a time point of view, I understand why the SMF team wouldn't want to add this to their core.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 23, 2023, 11:09:38 PMThe API changes makes it hard. I use the OneALL social plugin on my sites.
I looked into this, but for some reason when I tried to install it, it kicked an error. I'll check to make sure I downloaded the correct package.

Advertisement: