News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Mobile version adaptation of a theme

Started by LuciferMorningstar, October 28, 2023, 04:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuciferMorningstar

Hello everybody  :)

I'd like to publish a forum.
I choosed this theme, "Fusion" and I started to customize it: https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?theme=2960

Unfortunatelly today I noticed that it is not optimazed for mobile devices and doesn't offer a good experience on smartphones.
Since I don't want to change the theme so as not to lose the progress made with customization, how can I adapt it for mobile?
I don't know nothing of coding.

@Mick.

Kindred

The theme that you linked to *IS* responsive (e.g. will handle mobile devices just fine), like almost all 2.1 themes

You might not LIKE it... but it is designed for mobile display.

As for editing it... if you don't know css, html (and a small amount of php) - then you're going to have to learn or hire someone,  since the only way to tweak a theme is to edit the template files and css files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

LuciferMorningstar

Quote from: Kindred on October 28, 2023, 06:13:57 AMThe theme that you linked to *IS* responsive (e.g. will handle mobile devices just fine), like almost all 2.1 themes

You might not LIKE it... but it is designed for mobile display.

As for editing it... if you don't know css, html (and a small amount of php) - then you're going to have to learn or hire someone,  since the only way to tweak a theme is to edit the template files and css files.

Hello, Kindred.

I'm seeing the mobile version with DevTools of my browser.
I can't see my forum with my smartphone because my forum is hosted in local and only my PC can do it.
This is how it appears.

I think that the blocks Shoutbox, Recenti, Ricerca and Utente occupy too much space and the messages result too small.
I don't want to remove all these blocks because on PC are very nice and useful.

TwitchisMental

You see that is more of a portal issue and not the theme.. If you are using TinyPortal be sure that you do NOT have the non responsive option selected for your theme.

That will then make the blocks stack for mobile view.

@rjen

Yep, that is a TinyPortal setting you need to make
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Kindred

So yeah... smf core in 2.1 is designed to be responsive, as are most of the 2.1 themes.

Adding some mods may make it less so.  However, as pointed out, tiny portal has some settings that you need to use
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: