News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Possible bug in user tracking

Started by Liviu Lalescu, December 08, 2023, 06:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liviu Lalescu

I wanted to track myself (user number 1, admin) in my forum. I have many posts and many used IPs. I got the attached error (detailed in the second screenshot).

For other users who did not post that much it seems to work OK. For the other admin (we are two admins), who has again many posts, the same bug is met.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I have a full page worth of IP addresses logged in my profile, and I just tracked myself here with no issues.
Could you check the backtrace for that error? What version are you on specifically? Any mods that deal with user info or IP addresses?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Liviu Lalescu

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on December 08, 2023, 06:39:45 AMCould you check the backtrace for that error? What version are you on specifically? Any mods that deal with user info or IP addresses?

How should I do the backtrace and how to report it to you?

Latest SMF, 2.1.4, with ~18 languages from your official site, latest versions.

No mod installed.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

On the right side of the error, there's the link "Backtrace information". It might offer some further information.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Liviu Lalescu

I attach the backtrace screenshots.

Advertisement: