News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

1.1 Converters

Started by Grudge, June 15, 2005, 04:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurent73

Quote from: Twistey on October 15, 2005, 10:12:15 AM
I have problem with converting Mercuryboard 1.1.4 to SMF it says smf_personal_messages isnt there so it can't convert the personal messages to SMF..
I've got the same bug from e107 to SMF  :(

Compuart

Are you converting to RC1?
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

Laurent73

From e107 v0.6174 to SMF v1.0.5

Compuart

The e107 converter only works for 1.1 RC1. It's easiest to upgrade your SMF forum to 1.1 RC1 first, before doing the conversion.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Personal Signature:

Laurent73

Laurent73

..sorry, but ... all the subjects have 474 pages and 7109 Replies ....  :-[ :-[

Compuart

hmm, odd. Can it be fixed by recounting? ('admin' -> 'Forum Maintenance' -> 'Recount all forum totals and statistics.')
Hendrik Jan Visser
Personal Signature:

Laurent73

Yesssssss  :) :) :)
I love SMF !!!!

spicyjoe

erm, ok... here is what i got when i converted

QuoteConverting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting censored words... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Converting topic view logs... Successful.
Converting attachments... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT pid AS ID_MSG, filedata, downloads, filename, filesize
    FROM `chat_test`.mybb_attachments
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'filedata' in 'field list'
i got that error and now i can;t log into my smf account but the the account at myBB still can be used.... and when i visited the smf forum which i converted over, no members were there, no forum were there.... nothing was there.... any help please?

rgalyen

Here is what I got when trying to move from e107 v 603 rbv6.  I'm thinking about uping my e107 version - would that make the conversion easier?

Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    u.user_id AS ID_MEMBER, u.user_name AS memberName,
    u.user_join AS dateRegistered, u.user_forums AS posts,
    IF (u.user_admin = 1, 1, 0) AS ID_GROUP, u.user_lastvisit AS lastLogin,
    u.user_name AS realName, u.user_password AS passwd,
    u.user_email AS emailAddress, 0 AS gender, u.user_birthday AS birthdate,
    REPLACE(u.user_homepage, 'http://', '') AS websiteTitle,
    u.user_homepage AS websiteUrl, u.user_location AS location,
    u.user_icq AS ICQ, u.user_aim AS AIM, u.user_msn AS MSN,
    u.user_hideemail AS hideEmail, u.user_signature AS signature,
    IF(SUBSTRING(u.user_timezone, 1, 1) = '+', SUBSTRING(u.user_timezone, 2), u.user_timezone) AS timeOffset,
    u.user_image AS avatar, u.user_customtitle as usertitle,
    u.user_ip AS memberIP
    FROM `e107`.e107_user AS u
    WHERE u.user_id > 0
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'u.user_customtitle' in 'field list'

Compuart

Might simply be solved by removing the u.user_customtitle as usertitle, part

Quote from: spicyjoe on November 14, 2005, 01:31:33 AM
erm, ok... here is what i got when i converted
Might be a version conflict. If you like I can look into it. Btw, since this is the last step of the actual conversion, it simply didn't fix the forum statistics. In order to do so, go to 'Admin' -> 'Forum Maintenance' -> 'Find and repair any errors' and '
Recount all forum totals and statistics', and after that, your forum should be alright, though the attachments haven't been converted.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Personal Signature:

rgalyen

Hey, thanks Compuart that suggestion worked great.

For this particular version of e107, either my original installer didn't install them or they are not available, but I also had to remove the sections concerning PMs. 

Thanks again.  SMF is pure sweetnes... :)

spicyjoe

Compuart, check your pm and sorry to send to PM...

Confused Too

Grudge,
I am a complete php virgin but keep getting told to dump eblah for a DB backed forum and have installed SMS to www.ndpa.info/forum and tried to convert the existing forum at www.ndpa.info/mb  but the converter hits an error - presumably it is an unknown field.
The error is when converting members :- Unknown column 'pm_email_notify' in 'field list'
Any Ideas?
Making the working lives of the disadvantaged a little easier.

Compuart

Quote from: HuttonIT on November 14, 2005, 12:19:23 PM
Grudge,
I am a complete php virgin but keep getting told to dump eblah for a DB backed forum and have installed SMS to www.ndpa.info/forum and tried to convert the existing forum at www.ndpa.info/mb  but the converter hits an error - presumably it is an unknown field.
The error is when converting members :- Unknown column 'pm_email_notify' in 'field list'
Any Ideas?
The converters only work for SMF version 1.1 RC1. Upgrade your SMF forum to 1.1 RC1 and the converter should work alright.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Personal Signature:

Confused Too

QuoteThe converters only work for SMF version 1.1 RC1. Upgrade your SMF forum to 1.1 RC1 and the converter should work alright.
Thanks Compuart I am uploading the upgrade as I type this and will run convert again.

Confused Too

I have downloaded and installed the SMF 1.1 RC1 then run the converter but it came up with some errors and although it imported all the users it didn't import any of the threads or boards?
QuoteConverting settings...
Warning: file(/home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/cgi-bin/mb/Prefs/News.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/forum/eblah_to_smf.php on line 346

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/forum/eblah_to_smf.php on line 346

Warning: file(/home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/cgi-bin/mb/Prefs/Names.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/forum/eblah_to_smf.php on line 363

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/forum/eblah_to_smf.php on line 365

Warning: file(/home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/cgi-bin/mb/Prefs/Censor.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/forum/eblah_to_smf.php on line 378

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/forum/eblah_to_smf.php on line 379
Successful.

Converting personal messages... Successful.

Converting boards and categories...
Warning: file(/home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/cgi-bin/mb/Boards/bdscats.db): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/forum/eblah_to_smf.php on line 598

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/forum/eblah_to_smf.php on line 601

Warning: file(/home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/cgi-bin/mb/Boards/bdindex.db): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/forum/eblah_to_smf.php on line 620

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fhlinux193/n/ndpa.info/user/htdocs/forum/eblah_to_smf.php on line 623
It looked although it completed but the above errors were recorded.
Anyone know what was goingon and able to offer any help with this?

hozt

Thanks for this tool, but I am having problems with IPB 2.1 and got the following error:

Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options...
Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/pspacces/public_html/smf/import/convert.php(1627) : eval()'d code on line 8
Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/pspacces/public_html/smf/import/convert.php(1627) : eval()'d code on line 8

After a bunch of the notices above I got a fatal error:

Converting poll logs... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Converting yearly events... Successful.
Converting permissions... Successful.
Converting board permissions...
Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 5 of 172 bytes in /home/pspacces/public_html/smf/import/convert.php(1305) : eval()'d code on line 89

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/pspacces/public_html/smf/import/convert.php(1305) : eval()'d code on line 89

php 4.4.1
mysql 4.1.x

And I did run with ?debug=0

Update: I commented out the lines causing the error and it did complete.

//if (eval($current_data) === false)
//  echo '<b>Error in convert script ', $_SESSION['convert_script'], ' on line ', $line_number, '! ......

All the polls did not come in correctly though.  Here is sample sql:

CREATE TABLE ibf_polls (
  pid mediumint(8) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  tid int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
  start_date int(10) default NULL,
  choices text,
  starter_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
  votes smallint(5) NOT NULL default '0',
  forum_id smallint(5) NOT NULL default '0',
  poll_question varchar(255) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (pid),
  KEY tid (tid)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=31 ;

--
-- Dumping data for table `ibf_polls`
--

INSERT INTO ibf_polls VALUES (1, 31, 1113688847, 'a:1:{i:1;a:3:{s:8:"question";s:41:"What kind of media would you like to see?";s:6:"choice";a:5:{i:0;s:13:"Game Trailers";i:1;s:14:"Movie Trailers";i:2;s:16:"Flash Animations";i:3;s:12:"Music Videos";i:4;s:12:"Other (Post)";}s:5:"votes";a:5:{i:0;i:0;i:1;i:2;i:2;i:8;i:3;i:22;i:4;i:3;}}}', 1, 35, 10, 'What kind of media would you like to see?');
INSERT INTO ibf_polls VALUES (2, 57, 1113966102, 'a:1:{i:1;a:3:{s:8:"question";s:11:"Which game?";s:6:"choice";a:2:{i:0;s:7:"Mercury";i:1;s:7:"Lumines";}s:5:"votes";a:2:{i:0;i:4;i:1;i:10;}}}', 1, 14, 8, 'Which game?');

Confused Too

I am attempting to convert an e-blah forum 9.2 at www.ndpa.info/mb to SMF but am having some difficulties with the converter.
     I have installed a clean SMF 1.1 RC1 (www.ndpa.info/forum) and the eblah_to_smf.php and convert.php to the same directory.
The first time I ran it there were some access problems as posted in my previous post.
With this in mind  I have backed up the working forum to a new folder and set all the permissions to CMOD 777 so there are no access conflicts.
This time I get this
QuoteUnsuccessful!
This query:
    ALTER TABLE `ndpa`.smf_messages
    CHANGE COLUMN ID_MSG ID_MSG int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
    DROP PRIMARY KEY,
    DROP INDEX topic,
    DROP INDEX ID_BOARD;
Caused the error:
    Can't DROP 'topic'. Check that column/key exists
When I look at the forum www.ndpa.info/forum there are no users nor messages.  However, the index is there.  The last time attempted to convert  only the user accounts were imported.
     Any ideas or assistance welcome.

Confused Too

Hi again.  No help yet but I have pressed on anyway.
I have managed to import users and the index by importing the users from the active eblah forum and then ran the eblah_to_smf.php again but pointing at the archived and CMODed folder of the forum.  This time I did not ask it to delete existing posts and members.  It has now converted the board index only and no messages.  A little closer to being there now.  All I need is the messages to be converted.
The last process produced exactly the same error:-
QuoteConverting...
Unsuccessful!
This query:
    ALTER TABLE `ndpa`.smf_messages
    CHANGE COLUMN ID_MSG ID_MSG int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
    DROP PRIMARY KEY,
    DROP INDEX topic,
    DROP INDEX ID_BOARD;
Caused the error:
    Can't DROP 'topic'. Check that column/key exists
I have backed up the DB so now at least have the users and index as it stands now.
Anyone explain the error Can't DROP 'topic'. Check that column/key exists so I can get this forum converted and get the users back on line and working properly in SMS?

Advertisement: