Custom Profile Field doesn't appear on Forum Profile

Started by BGH, July 24, 2014, 06:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

The template is screwed, everything below 'Signature' is gone.  Try uploading a clean Profile.template.php.  If your theme is using default template, and none of your other mods touch that file (doesn't look like it), should fix the problem.  Backup the current file before you replace it.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Ninja ZX-10RR

Just a guess but if so I think he will have to manually parse any mods touching that file and do each one of the edits one by one and step by step (extremely boring)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, fixed a couple of things in your template (attached).  What a mess. :P  Commented out this line -

// echo template_control_richedit($context['post_box_name'], 'smileyBox_message', 'bbcBox_message');

... which apparently doesn't do anything, and that restores lower part of page, including custom fields.  Also added signature editing box -

if ($context['show_spellchecking'])
echo '
<input type="button" value="', $txt['spell_check'], '" onclick="spellCheck(\'creator\', \'signature\');" class="button_submit" />';

echo '
</dt>
<dd> <textarea class="editor" onkeyup="calcCharLeft();" name="signature" rows="5" cols="50">', $context['member']['signature'], '</textarea><br />';

... which had been deleted.  Don't know if anything else is broken, but try it.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

BGH

Thank you Krash for that hard work, and yes I've been manually modifying it a lot, but didn't know it was that much  ;D

The line you commented it was for a mod that I installed manually (BBC on Signature, I believe), but never thought it was breaking anything, nor I did remember I installed it (haven't changed signature in years  ;D)

Thanks for all, will look toward on modifying the file a bit, to see if I can reinstall that mod from scratch without breaking anything.

Problem solved, and custom field is now visible! :)

Thank you all!

EDIT: Problem was that I didn't made the edits on Profile-Modify.php while installing manualling the mods. Adding the corresponding edits to that file solved the issue, without breaking the custom profile fields.

Advertisement: