News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Teams?

Started by Trekkie101, January 22, 2005, 04:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkie101

Where are they, like Seti@home, Whatpulse etc.

I dont mean normal member run ones, I mean like someone on the SMF team could make a team for these and people could join them, its more official that way if you catch my drift. So why arent there any, they seem to be evrywhere minus here. Also normal members like myself dont start one, we dont have the power to sticky things and rally support for them so its better if one of the Team start it or I would have. Ill join to begin with if they are created, im already using Seti@Home and Whatpulse so ill join. Please make them someone on the team!

Just it would be kinda fun to have around here.

mytreo

I don't understand a single bit of that  :-\

What is Seti@Home and Whatpulse?

What is a team?

- confused Chris
Treo forum - Powered by SMF, of course
Treo news - powered by MovableType and integrated with SMF
Treo downloads - hacked from phpNuke and integrated with SMF
Treo knowledge base - powered by Wikka and integrated with SMF
Treo 650 | Treo 700w | Treo 700p

Trekkie101

Seti@Home: http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
Whatpulse: http://whatpulse.org/

Both have Teams of users,

On Seti@Home you join a team and your combined work effort is displyed and recorderd and you get a rank, its like a mini competition that has a Scientific research mission burried in it. Just there for fun really but help people.

Trekkie101

So none of the team wanna do it?

Jerry

I don't really get what you mean :-X could you explain some more?

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Trekkie101

Right after explaining over MSNM Jerry thinks i should explain it how i explained it there so here it is:

You download a program called what pulse and it runs in your task bar and when you type it counts the keys along with the amoutn of clicks you do. It goes to your Whatpulse Rank Mines is here http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/114780/ and you can join a team, I wanted a team member to make a whatpulse team and then the team gets stats http://whatpulse.org/stats/teams/3296/ and a rank and you compete to be the top. Then a site makes you a banner that updates every 6 hours and you put it in your sig

and then its just fun, so is it a good idea, its just fun and I like it.

any SMF team members that would like to do it?

Jerry

A SMF team could be fun :) anyone have anything against me making a team for SMF at whatpulse? Unless someone else needs to...

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Trekkie101

Whatpulse Jerry.  ;)

I like the idea.

codenaught

A WhatPulse team would be fun! Go for it Jerry!  ;)
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Pause

Quote from: Jerry on January 23, 2005, 08:29:10 AManyone have anything against me making a team for SMF at whatpulse?
I got nothing against it, just that with the way I keep getting logged off, I probaly wouldn't be able to participate myself (other ppl use my comp, and they're always logging me off instead of just 'switch user'...)
"You and me, inside that box, now." - The Doctor

Bite Fusion
Fusion Web Network
VG Fusion
Wrestling Fusion + Wrestling Fusion Forums

Trekkie101

It would still run  ;) just when you were logged on, it keeps count for aslong as you wish until you click pulse.

Jerry

I have everyone use my account on this pc lol, I just sign out of all my messengers. Seems easier than making many accounts :P

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

_complex

Quote from: Jerry on January 23, 2005, 08:29:10 AM
A SMF team could be fun :) anyone have anything against me making a team for SMF at whatpulse? Unless someone else needs to...
Go for it!!!

Trekkie101

havent noticed any hogging  ;)

Advertisement: