News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

CountryFlags

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 14, 2006, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Shades.

SMF 2.1.4
Country Flags 3.0

I got no errors installing on SMF 2.1.4 but when I go to admin ?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=general I get the WSOD 500 error page.

Edit: It works on a clean 2.1.4 but not on my test copy of my site. Must be another mod interfering but I'm not getting any error message.

Thanks,
Shades 8)
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Shades.

Quote from: Shades. on July 05, 2023, 02:41:40 PMSMF 2.1.4
Country Flags 3.0

I got no errors installing on SMF 2.1.4 but when I go to admin ?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=general I get the WSOD 500 error page.

Edit: It works on a clean 2.1.4 but not on my test copy of my site. Must be another mod interfering but I'm not getting any error message.

Thanks,
Shades 8)

Hmm...weird! :o  I uninstalled all mods on my test site then reinstalled them one by one but installed this Country Mod first and it works fine with no errors! ;)

But still don't know what caused the WSOD! ???

vbgamer45

Probably some strange file edit issue.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Shades.

Any way for this to show flags on the members list too?

Thanks,
Shades 8)

durangod

Hi, I installed your mod and i have a question..  How do i set US and Canada at the top (after 00) of the array when the drop down shows.  I changed the xml files and reinstalled but it still does not change their placement.  How do i do that ? 

Also your core files does not include a blank.gif image, so i made one.  What happens is that since there is no image it just shows a empty image border until you select a flag.  I could write some js to change from display none to display block but its easier just to make an image.  So i made a blank white blank.gif file and included it in the images.

I added it to my package zip and also copied it to the Themes/default/images/flags/  dir. 

Here is that image (it has a white background so it may not show up on this page)

You cannot view this attachment.
My name is short for durango dave (i am not a god lol)

Steve

Quote from: durangod on December 13, 2023, 05:03:25 AMHere is that image
You do realize that:

QuoteThe white flag was the official flag of the Taliban-ruled Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan between September 1996 and October 1997. It is sometimes used as an unofficial variant of the current flag which includes the Shahada written in black on a white field.

durangod

Quote from: Steve on December 13, 2023, 09:10:22 AM
Quote from: durangod on December 13, 2023, 05:03:25 AMHere is that image
You do realize that:

QuoteThe white flag was the official flag of the Taliban-ruled Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan between September 1996 and October 1997. It is sometimes used as an unofficial variant of the current flag which includes the Shahada written in black on a white field.

No i did not know that... OMG no way i am using that.... thank you so much for letting me know.  I will change it to a transparent image and repost it if anyone needs it.  I never thought a blank white flag would mean anything but maybe surrender or as they used to say parlay.  Thanks again ill change it.

Steve

No worries. I figured you'd want to know.  :)

durangod

Ok this one will work, its transparent so nothing shows up next to the dropdown box until you select your flag.

There is only one caveat - be sure you check the console or view source to see where the image needs to be. When i installed the plugin it all installed correctly however in the source for some reason its looking for the blank.gif file in the  Themes/Repulse/images  rather than Themes/Repulse/images/flags dir.    I am sure its the same if you just use the default theme out of the box.  So just check it and you might need to do (as i did) and just copy the blank.gif file to the correct dir.  Just remember that some themes also have a blank.png file so dont get them confused, leave the .png file alone.

Here is the before and after

and the new blank.gif image remember its transparent

>>>>>> here >>>> You cannot view this attachment. <<<< here <<<<

Hope that helps  :)

PS  i was also able to get the US and Canada flags to show up first on the drop down list.  I guess i needed to remove all files and delete the files when i uninstalled then when i reinstalled with my edited xml files it shows correctly.  So all is well now, thanks :)

durangod

If you have customers (or if this has happened to you as admin testing) that seem to skip over the flag entry (if its required) then you may need to highlight it on the page somehow... here are two ideas just add a big border around it and give it some padding...  or give it the same background as the other imputs.  Change the colors for your theme...

dl#country_flag.register_form {
    border: 0.438em ridge #781818;
    padding: 1em;
}

or you could just add the same background on it that the above inputs have like this.. I did not do the rounded corners but i dont think anyone will notice but me lol

dl#country_flag.register_form {
    background-color: #121212;
    padding: 1em;
}

here is what it looks like before and after for all three (original, big border or same background)

Advertisement: