Post and PM Inline Attachments

Started by dougiefresh, July 26, 2014, 09:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

I'll look into your bug report....

Omebolle

Bump..
Quote from: Omebolle on December 25, 2016, 04:21:16 AM
Suddenly the mod isn't performing like it did. I upgraded the forum to SMF 2.0.12 lately. Before the attached pictures were auto thumb. Now they display full size?
my settings

dougiefresh

I will look into both bug reports.....

kkog

I have installed the mod on SMF 2.0.13 and the options for attachmini and attach and attachthumb all display the image at full size.

On our system image attachments are automatically resized to a max of 800 pixels high or 800 pixels wide using the "Resize Attached Images" mod.

I see you are looking into a request from Omebolle,  my issue seems to be the same as theirs

Greg
KKOG Forum Admin

LG965

Bump

Quote from: LG965 on November 14, 2016, 01:18:20 PM
Hi Dougie,
any news for it?
Quote from: dougiefresh on October 22, 2016, 11:46:55 AM
Quote from: LG965 on October 22, 2016, 05:45:20 AM
One more thing, how come they do not show the images if the post, using simpleportal mod, is classified as an article and posted on the home page?
I'll look into it.

DenDen60

I have error message when I try to install. :-(

dougiefresh

Quote from: LG965 on November 14, 2016, 01:18:20 PM
Hi Dougie,
any news for it?
Quote from: dougiefresh on October 22, 2016, 11:46:55 AM
Quote from: LG965 on October 22, 2016, 05:45:20 AM
One more thing, how come they do not show the images if the post, using simpleportal mod, is classified as an article and posted on the home page?
I'll look into it.
Sorry about taking so long in order to find a solution to this issue.  I've got a fix in place for the next version.

Quote from: Denis Pageau on February 13, 2017, 11:53:28 AM
I have error message when I try to install. :-(
For the next version, I've changed the operation for Sources/Help.php to use a different line of text to search for.

DenDen60

Quote from: dougiefresh on February 13, 2017, 09:42:03 PM
For the next version, I've changed the operation for Sources/Help.php to use a different line of text to search for.

Can I still install it?

Thanks for your answer Dougie.

dougiefresh

Quote from: Denis Pageau on February 13, 2017, 09:46:31 PM
Can I still install it?
Yes, you can.  However, keep in mind that the help options for the Admin settings won't be available to you.....

DenDen60

Ok Thanks. I will test drive it to see how it handles. When do you think the next update will be available?

dougiefresh

Quote from: Denis Pageau on February 13, 2017, 11:37:40 PM
When do you think the next update will be available?
When it is ready.....  That's the best answer I can give at the moment.

dougiefresh

Quote from: dougiefresh on October 22, 2016, 08:00:57 PM
Quote from: LG965 on October 22, 2016, 07:28:48 PM
One more thing, in the next release then add a link (look img attach) that opens a popup and show the code here below?
(I did it for me but it is a raw code from beginner!)

Cheers!

id={attachment id} => ID number of the attachment to show inline (NOT attachment number!)
width={width} => Desired width of image to show.  Valid: positive integers.
height={height} => Desired height of image to show.  Valid: positive integers.
float={float} => Floats image to relation to everything else.  Valid: left, right, center
margin={pixels} => Margin around inline attachment.  Valid: positive integers
margin-left={pixels} => Left margin around inline attachment.  Valid: positive integers
margin-right={pixels} => Right margin around inline attachment.  Valid: positive integers
margin-top={pixels} => Top margin around inline attachment.  Valid: positive integers
margin-bottom={pixels} => Bottom margin around inline attachment.  Valid: positive integers
border-style={style} => Border style.  Valid: none, dotted, dashed, solid, double, groove, ridge, inset, outset
border-width={pixels} => Border width around inline attachment.  Valid: positive integers
border-color={color} => Border color.  Valid formats: plain text, #xxx, #xxxxxx, rbg(d,d,d)
scale={answer} => Override scaling of image.  Valid: true, false, yes, no
msg={msg ID} => Message ID number.  Valid: positive integers.
Hmmm....  Let me think about how to do this properly....
Feature added for next version.

dougiefresh

Now that I'm home, I can show y'all what I've devised for the next version.  Attached is the help screen popup....

PBSCreative

I'm trying to figure out an issue with a forum which for some users is preventing them from uploading images and wondered if anyone else has seen similar with this extension.

Some users are posting and the images are not showing, instead they get  [ You are not allowed to view photos ] and moderators are asked to approve the image. If we try to approve then the message "You are not allowed to access this section"
In actual fact there's no image there to approve at all, it's like the image has failed to upload?

Also when Quoting a post with an image in we get [ Invalid Attachment ].

dougiefresh

I haven't looked into that bug report yet.  I'm trying to get each of the bug reports fixed as they have been reported.  And boy, do I have a lot of bug reports to go through....  :-[

dougiefresh

Quote from: dougiefresh on October 16, 2016, 01:39:01 PM
Quote from: JerzyLS on October 16, 2016, 11:57:10 AM
Content? I see [attachment] in every time, when I want to send somebody an attachment through PM system.

In the messege is only:

[attachment id=1 msg=new]
AH!!  So, it's in the PM section that you're having trouble!  I'll look into it!
I've fixed this issue within the PM system.....

dougiefresh

Quote from: lf123123 on December 30, 2016, 04:41:06 AM
In the old version of our forum, inline attachments could be accessed with BBCodes like [attachment=1], [attachment=2], ...
Now, the correct syntax is [attachment=0], [attachment=1], ... the difference being an index shift. Therefore, all attachments are now shown in the wrong place.

I did notice the setting "Should first attachment should be numbered "1"?" but the problem is: If I change the setting from "begin with 0" to "begin with 1", all my messages are edited such that all indices are raised by 1, which I don't want in this case because then all attachments will still be shown in the wrong place just like before.

Is there any way to have all old attachments display correctly without having to manually go through all posts with inline attachments?
I've added a prompt to ask whether you want to renumber the attachments.  If you answer "Ok", then the attachments get renumbered.  Otherwise, they don't.....

dougiefresh

1) Old attachments now allegedly need to be approved by a moderator. When trying to approve them, I get an error that I don't have access to this area, although I'm logged in as an administrator. My board is configured such that new attachments do not need approval. In the database, all attachments are marked as approved.

The image which I attached to this post shows what the approval area looks like. Pleae notice that the corresponding post has two attachments. The "approval area" only shows one of them and doesn't display the filename. Something's definitely wrong here.

New attachments don't have this problem. No problems other than this one and the one mentioned as 2. have appeared after the update.

Can someone please tell me what I can do the get all attachments working again, ideally without having to manually touch each of them?
I've managed to reproduce something similar to this bug report.  It seems to happen when an attachment is referenced, but doesn't  exist.  For example, a post containing no attachments and also contains this line:
[attach=0]
brings up what you have described/pictured.  I'm looking into how to get rid of those issues....

dougiefresh

Quote from: dougiefresh on February 16, 2017, 03:35:18 PM
1) Old attachments now allegedly need to be approved by a moderator. When trying to approve them, I get an error that I don't have access to this area, although I'm logged in as an administrator. My board is configured such that new attachments do not need approval. In the database, all attachments are marked as approved.

The image which I attached to this post shows what the approval area looks like. Pleae notice that the corresponding post has two attachments. The "approval area" only shows one of them and doesn't display the filename. Something's definitely wrong here.

New attachments don't have this problem. No problems other than this one and the one mentioned as 2. have appeared after the update.

Can someone please tell me what I can do the get all attachments working again, ideally without having to manually touch each of them?
I've managed to reproduce something similar to this bug report.  It seems to happen when an attachment is referenced, but doesn't  exist.  For example, a post containing no attachments and also contains this line:
[attach=0]
brings up what you have described/pictured.  I'm looking into how to get rid of those issues....
A simple check to see if the specified attachment ID actually exists solved the issue that I could see.  It will be included in the next version.

dougiefresh

Quote from: Omebolle on December 25, 2016, 04:21:16 AM
Suddenly the mod isn't performing like it did. I upgraded the forum to SMF 2.0.12 lately. Before the attached pictures were auto thumb. Now they display full size?
my settings
Quote from: kkog on February 09, 2017, 01:04:01 AM
I have installed the mod on SMF 2.0.13 and the options for attachmini and attach and attachthumb all display the image at full size.

On our system image attachments are automatically resized to a max of 800 pixels high or 800 pixels wide using the "Resize Attached Images" mod.

I see you are looking into a request from Omebolle,  my issue seems to be the same as theirs

Greg
KKOG Forum Admin
For the next version, I've rewritten a lot of the bbcode handling stuff within Subs-InlineAttachments.php, so hopefully this will take care of the issue(s) being seen.....  I've still got a ways to go yet, but it's getting there, slowly but surely.....

Quote from: PBSCreative on February 16, 2017, 06:21:46 AM
I'm trying to figure out an issue with a forum which for some users is preventing them from uploading images and wondered if anyone else has seen similar with this extension.

Some users are posting and the images are not showing, instead they get  [ You are not allowed to view photos ] and moderators are asked to approve the image. If we try to approve then the message "You are not allowed to access this section"
In actual fact there's no image there to approve at all, it's like the image has failed to upload?
This issue has been dealt with and the fix will be in the next version.

Quote from: PBSCreative on February 16, 2017, 06:21:46 AM
Also when Quoting a post with an image in we get [ Invalid Attachment ].
In the Inline Attachments settings page, there is an option called Allow quoted attachment images from another post?.  If that option is unchecked, then you will get that error message because the mod isn't allowed to pull attachment information from other quoted posts.....

Advertisement: