News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Importing SQL table - having a problem

Started by 3fifty, October 02, 2009, 08:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3fifty

Im not sure if this in the right place or if this is even possible but here it goes...

I created a forum with the prefix of smf_   I created another forum with the prefix of smfcr_

Is it possible to import the tables from smf_ into the smfcr_ tables so that I can move the members list, posts, PM's, and attachments over? 

Ive tried searching but all I can find is how to import them.  Which it does but it does not merge them into the smfcr_ tables.

Help?

Antechinus

If you want to actually merge the content of one forum with the content of another forum you are in for a lot of work. If you just want to drop the tables from one forum and import the other tables with a changed prefix then that is not hard. Which are you trying to do?

3fifty

Hrmmm Im guessing I want to drop one and change the prefix of the other.  That seems like it will work.

Basically Im trying to restore only the members list, posts, PM's, and attachments.  Id be happy with just members and posts though.

Antechinus

Ok, why not just import the whole db and be done with it?

3fifty

I went from 1.0 to 2.0RC and wasnt sure if the RC changed the DB at all.  I also didnt have access to my original db when I setup 2.0RC so I made a new db.

If thats possible, I can do that.

Antechinus

RC changes the db a lot. The best option is to make an installation of the original version of SMF on a test site and restore the backup to that db, then run the upgrade to 2.0. Once that is completed successfully you can point your main forum at the other database by editing Settings.php, or you can copy the content of that database to the db your 2.0 site is currently using. Either way will work.

3fifty

Arantor

Do you have any further concerns on this?

3fifty

No you can close or delete if need be.  Thanks!

Arantor

Advertisement: