SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

totaltutankoll

Quote from: totaltutankoll on July 07, 2009, 05:31:09 PM
Can someone please explain some of the functionality of articles in SP ::)

Where on earth is the article listing supposed to turn up on the forum? IS there a setting outside to SP CP somewhere I may have missed ???

I have a category, I have some articles attached to it but where the heck will I find them :D
Stupid me :-[ when finally asking the question I've found all the funcationality and coudl even set up the "thing" with seperate pictures for my just now two categories. Apparantly I forgot the part where you need to set up at block for the articles... Now I'm gonna get to work and do this in an excellent way.

By the way. It's a really nicelooking mod 8)
Started out with a SMF-forum a couple of years ago went on to Dynamic web (read dynamic crap) and am now back in the land of Simple Machines.

Non, je ne regrette rien!

totaltutankoll

here's a couple of questions.

I made some squares to mark my different news categories and they look all cute and nice in my browser and in photoshop but in the news menu they turn up huge! :( Anyone with an idea why?

Second of all, first my authors didn't show which I thought was great and suddenly they're showing which looks plain ugly ::) Any settings and if so, where? I've been looking at the block setting, the category config and the articles with no such luck..
Started out with a SMF-forum a couple of years ago went on to Dynamic web (read dynamic crap) and am now back in the land of Simple Machines.

totaltutankoll

Next question. I've sorted my articles according to category but I can not again find where these categories may be sorted in my portal/forum if anyone understand where I'm goind with this.

TheListener

Wingman7659

Hi all,

I've installed the latest version Simple Portal and it works like a champ on my just-updated SMF RC1-1. My question is, can I change the "Forum" name into chinese? I have edited the general string in SPortal.english-utf8.php file. It works but other test of the forum "grow" a lot bigger, what have I done wrong?

Rhandy

I have a customized "SPortal2.php" file.
I'm just asking you if you can modify it.
I want that, when I post a Sticky Topic, it always shows in the first place of the "Recent Topics" Block.

Can you help me here please?

This is the link to the file:
http://rapidshare.com/files/253444381/SPortal2.php.html

P.D. I already tried what this post says:
http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=1974.0
But didn't worked for me...
I use SMF 2.0 RC1-1 and Simple Portal 2.2.2...

Thanks!

IdanC

amazing mod!

yet, i really like my BoardIndex.
i couldn't figure out how i can put blocks around it, and not instead of it. any ideas?

have a great weekend!

TheListener

Do you mean so that some blocks from the portal can be viewed next to your main forum boards?

TheListener

Some of the blocks can be integrated onto your forum pages.

I have done this myself.

IdanC

Quote from: IdanC on July 10, 2009, 08:19:02 AM
amazing mod!
yet, i really like my BoardIndex.
i couldn't figure out how i can put blocks around it, and not instead of it. any ideas?

i feel like an idiot... could'nt figure out the integration mode until now.
so again - great mod, and thank you Listener for the replies.

totaltutankoll

Quote from: TheListener on July 10, 2009, 08:50:22 AM

I have done this myself.
Can you explain more about this. I wonder if you're sitting on the solution of a problem I'm experiencing.. ::)

:D

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Chaos Dragon on July 02, 2009, 03:58:16 PM
It was all the images you would find for the admin panel that didn't upload. It is fine now I manually uploaded the missing images.
Like I said in the last post it is the norm for me to have to do something manually. At least with this one it was only a few images and not having to go code hunting. This is the first one that i installed that I did not have to manually edit the code to get it working. I wish they all did that.

If you are on SMF 2.0 and you mean the admin menu images and you are using a custom theme; you need to upload those images manually. Actually it should have been copied if you enabled the option to install the mod to other themes too.

Quote from: Paolo Bitta on July 03, 2009, 05:37:38 AM
I forgot to tell you that i'm running a SMF 1.1.9 version.
I can't find that variable in smf_setting table...  ???

EDIT:
I resolved it myself...
It is surely a problem of/from simpleportal, because with no manual changes this error has appeared after SP installation. The problem is that a define is missing somewhere.
The fix was obtained by introducing the instruction:
define("N","N");
in index.php (probably there's a very better place to put this code, but I'm afraid to mess up something).

bye
Paolo Bitta

You don't need to find it, you need to insert a new one as instructed in the topic I linked.

Still, issue is not related to SimplePortal. We don't use a consant "N". It should be caused by another mod or a custom code.

Quote from: psynx on July 03, 2009, 06:53:44 AM
hello,

i have simple portal mod and this latest 1.5.6 media gallery

my guess can not see the images from my gallery to the gallery block on my portal. i have allowed my guess to access gallery page but still they can not see the images from my gallery to the gallery block on my portal.

when im login i can view the images in my gallery block on my portal.

Can you provide a link to your forum? Are you sure guests can view the images (not the gallery)?

Quote from: totaltutankoll on July 07, 2009, 06:08:56 PM
Quote from: totaltutankoll on July 07, 2009, 05:31:09 PM
Can someone please explain some of the functionality of articles in SP ::)

Where on earth is the article listing supposed to turn up on the forum? IS there a setting outside to SP CP somewhere I may have missed ???

I have a category, I have some articles attached to it but where the heck will I find them :D
Stupid me :-[ when finally asking the question I've found all the funcationality and coudl even set up the "thing" with seperate pictures for my just now two categories. Apparantly I forgot the part where you need to set up at block for the articles... Now I'm gonna get to work and do this in an excellent way.

By the way. It's a really nicelooking mod 8)

You can also select the Admin > SimplePortal > Configuration > Article Settings > Enable Articles option to display them at the center of portal like news.

Quote from: totaltutankoll on July 07, 2009, 06:45:07 PM
here's a couple of questions.

I made some squares to mark my different news categories and they look all cute and nice in my browser and in photoshop but in the news menu they turn up huge! :( Anyone with an idea why?

Second of all, first my authors didn't show which I thought was great and suddenly they're showing which looks plain ugly ::) Any settings and if so, where? I've been looking at the block setting, the category config and the articles with no such luck..

Any chance you can provide screenshots for both of your issues?

Quote from: totaltutankoll on July 07, 2009, 08:28:37 PM
Next question. I've sorted my articles according to category but I can not again find where these categories may be sorted in my portal/forum if anyone understand where I'm goind with this.

Are you using the articles block or usual articles (like board news)? What do you mean by "sorting them according to categories"?

Quote from: Wingman7659 on July 08, 2009, 12:45:48 AM
Hi all,

I've installed the latest version Simple Portal and it works like a champ on my just-updated SMF RC1-1. My question is, can I change the "Forum" name into chinese? I have edited the general string in SPortal.english-utf8.php file. It works but other test of the forum "grow" a lot bigger, what have I done wrong?

Any chance I can see your forum?

Quote from: totaltutankoll on July 10, 2009, 01:54:27 PM
Quote from: TheListener on July 10, 2009, 08:50:22 AM

I have done this myself.
Can you explain more about this. I wonder if you're sitting on the solution of a problem I'm experiencing.. ::)

:D

If you don't want SimplePortal to replace your Board Index, then you can select "Integration" mode from Admin > SimplePortal > Configuration > General Settings > Portal Mode. That will remove SimplePortal from front page but you'll still be able to use blocks in forum.

If you want to display your blocks in forum too, you just need to edit a block and select the actions from "Display Options" area.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

IdanC

hi, anyone has any idea why the posts page is messed up?
no vertical align, width problems, etc. (see att.)

all the other pages in forum looks great.

can i just remove the block from the posts page? i tried -~topic but it didnt do anything...

IdanC

Quote from: IdanC on July 10, 2009, 03:03:32 PM
hi, anyone has any idea why the posts page is messed up?
no vertical align, width problems, etc. (see att.)

all the other pages in forum looks great.

can i just remove the block from the posts page? i tried -~topic but it didnt do anything...

please, could someone help? i went through every line in the code, and i could'nt find what causes it only in posts pages...

TheListener

Have you left a post on the simple portal site?

www.simpleportal.net

Rhandy

Quote from: Rhandy on July 09, 2009, 06:16:00 PM
I have a customized "SPortal2.php" file.
I'm just asking you if you can modify it.
I want that, when I post a Sticky Topic, it always shows in the first place of the "Recent Topics" Block.

Can you help me here please?

This is the link to the file:
http://rapidshare.com/files/253444381/SPortal2.php.html

P.D. I already tried what this post says:
http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=1974.0
But didn't worked for me...
I use SMF 2.0 RC1-1 and Simple Portal 2.2.2...

Thanks!

[SiNaN] What's with my problem?

IdanC

Quote from: TheListener on July 11, 2009, 12:27:40 PM
Have you left a post on the simple portal site?

www.simpleportal.net

just did, problem solved.
for anyone else:

This custom display option should display block on all pages, but topics:

all, -~topic

Wingman7659

Quote from: [SiNaN] on July 10, 2009, 02:25:01 PM
Quote from: Wingman7659 on July 08, 2009, 12:45:48 AM
Hi all,

Any chance I can see your forum?

Here you are:

Before

After

My url is www.digiwok.com [nofollow]

RedCairo

Hi, sorry to see your site is down -- hope that resolves soon.

This isn't a function problem just a usage question.

Since the Custom Pages mod author is taking awhile to get around to making that work for 1x SMF and I'm stuck there -- and had planned a website around it a month ago -- and Baker's Dozen mod doesn't work for 1x either, gahhhhhh -- I'm trying to figure out how I can use SP to the best effect for at least a few critical things.

After messing with the articles section, it seems like one doesn't post articles, one just posts regular message board posts and then makes them into 'articles'?  Is that so or do I misunderstand? I don't want members to be able to make these, I just want to be able to make a few at staff level (such as for rules, policies, some instructions, etc.).

I considered using 'Articles' for my pages: But I want to make some pages that only show up if they are directly linked to. I don't want them to be a normal post on the forum.

I considered using 'Blocks' for my pages, as custom html: But wherever they might reside, if they are content in a block, I do not have any actual 'place' for that block to show up (such as on portal or next to forum or whatever) UNLESS some kind of direct link could be made to it or... something... so that it would just come up on its own.

Actually ya know, if this isn't possible -- basically that you could call a custom block that would, if called with a certain parameter, be full-screen (vs. have forum blocks vs. have portal blocks) -- that would be a very interesting addition to the functionality of SP that would literally build in a 'pages' functionality.

Anyway. I just need to put a few 'pages' in SMF 1.1x without making them forum posts or having them show up unless a link leads someone to them. Is there any way to do this with SP??

Thanks in advance,
Palyne

[SiNaN]

Pages feature will be available in 2.3 version, which isn't out yet, but being tested these days.

You can use Custom Action mod by winrules until then.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Advertisement: