News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AJAX Recent Topics

Started by live627, July 08, 2008, 07:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gevv

Hi,

@jsx Good idea for customization.

@live627 Mod update is a great effort.

Adding a menu order can be time consuming and complex. This delays the new version of the mod  ;D

A simple solution; Edit the Subs-recent_top.php file. Line 34 change "search" admin, moderate or mlist

You cannot view this attachment.
ElkArte is a modern, powerful community building forum software. https://www.elkarte.net/

live627

At long last, the much awaited update is here!

2.0.0 (2023-09-12)

⚠ BREAKING CHANGES

drop support for SMF 1.1.x
    Require PHP >= 7.1

Features

Add support for SMF2.1 (#1) (b11a7c2)

Code Refactoring

drop support for SMF 1.1.x (1149b7c)

jsx

After installing this mod and entering Recent Topics, an error is displayed:

Unable to load the 'recent' template.

P.S. Look at your first post on this topic, bbcode is not showing in this post.

IP_Board_Rules

Is there a live demo of this mod?

jsx

I have another suggestion for the future development of the Recent Topics mod:

I think it would be nice if in Permissions, it were possible to block access to Recent Topics for guests.

live627

I sent up a new bugfix release to this mishap.

Daretary

I'm sorry, but I would like to suggest an improvement for your mod.

1. It is more convenient to switch to a new tab so that the page with the Ajax update remains accessible.
RecentTopics.php
[CDATA[<a href="', $topic['lastPost']['href'], '" class="new_posts">' . $txt['new'] . '</a>]replaced by
[CDATA[<a href="', $topic['lastPost']['href'], '" class="new_posts" target="_blank">' . $txt['new'] . '</a>]RecentTopics.template.php
<a href="', $topic['lastPost']['href'], '"><i class="main_icons last_post"></i></a>replaced by
<a href="', $topic['lastPost']['href'], '" target="_blank"><i class="main_icons last_post"></i></a>
2. For even greater clarity, when moving to a new message, it is better to automatically change the icon to last_post.
RecentTopics.template.php
            echo '
                    <tr class="windowbg" id="topic_', $topic['id'], '">
replaced by
            echo '
                    <script>$(document).ready(function(){$(document).on("click",".new_posts",function(s){s.preventDefault(),$(this).hasClass("processed")||($(this).removeClass("new_posts").addClass("processed"),$(this).html(\'<i class="main_icons last_post"></i>\'),s=$(this).attr("href"),window.open(s,"_blank"))})});</script>
                    <tr class="windowbg" id="topic_', $topic['id'], '">

jonathancph

is it possible to add pagination to this great mod ?

Chalky

This will do the job very nicely - thank you!!

gevv

Quote from: jonathancph on January 23, 2024, 05:33:54 PMis it possible to add pagination to this great mod ?

we tried, pagination consumes a lot of resources
ElkArte is a modern, powerful community building forum software. https://www.elkarte.net/

Advertisement: