Send message to every members email address, disable members account if bounced

Started by ogmios, November 15, 2006, 12:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ogmios

i did some quick searching but didn't turn up anything yet (and i'm still searching), but i figured posting would help...

i would like to occasionally 'sweep' my members to either get rid of some 'dummy' accounts from visitors who signed up at a time when my forum didn't send out an activation email or to simply check the present validity of member email addresses... i'd like to send an email to every member's email address and if any of the emails bounce, then i would like the member to be disabled (reactivation requires the administrator)...

i would then create a topic about how to contact the administrator to reactivate the account (which will create the necessity for the user to submit a valid email address)... if the account becomes disabled from the bounce, then a user would email the administrator, submit to him the new email address, then the administrator would send the 'activate your account' email to the new email address submitted...

possible? exists already?
will continue searching (and thanks in advance for any help)...

rch10007

Has anyone done any mods like the one described in the OP?  I would to send test emails to determine false email accounts also.
~Robbie~

Personally, I don't think there's intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one? -- Bob Monkhouse

vbgamer45

The best you could do is check if the mx record exists for the domain name for each email and that works most of the time unless they have no MX record and using the A record for email.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: