Member Awards (2.0 Compatible!)

Started by Spuds, September 18, 2006, 03:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3CHN0

Hello

I installed this MOD today member_awards_rc3_v2.2.1.zip about 30 minutes ago & no errors on the install
I added a member to an awards all good

but if i view this members profile like in the image url
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=475;id=146852;image
I don't see the awards box like you can see in here.

what I do see is all members have a gold button that looks like a trophy next to the PM button that you can click on to see if
that member has any awards.

How do I change this so all members can see the award image i want to use in the members profile only that has been awarded
list of buttons?

maybe there is an option a can change but i just can't find anything

IrateZebra

Admin -> Configuration -> Awards -> Settings -> Awards in post (set to number other than 0)

T3CHN0

Nothing is changing

Awards Directory:
This is the directory where awards are stored - just the name without the trailing slash.  [awards]

Favorite Award:
Check this if you want to allow users to have more than one favorite award.  [tick or no tick] & i have tried both options

Awards in Post:
How many awards should be shown under a user's avatar? Set to 0 to show none. i have tried 0 1 & 2

changing any of the options doesn't change anything in the post member board

Kindred

I could be wrong, but I think that this mod just shows a general link to the profile-awards section, not the actual award in the post... at least it did when I had it installed.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

T3CHN0

Quote from: Kindred on October 17, 2010, 08:49:35 AM
I could be wrong, but I think that this mod just shows a general link to the profile-awards section, not the actual award in the post... at least it did when I had it installed.

Under your profile menu on the left of this page you have a red manager image I see how it should look, that's how I want mine to work as well
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

maybe this will help, just had a look at my logs and this error shows

http://www.aussierampage.com/smf/index.php?action=admin;area=awards;sa=assign;step=2
2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
File: /home1/krajinal/public_html/aussierampage/smf/Sources/ManageAwards.php
Line: 446

http://www.aussierampage.com/smf/index.php?action=admin;area=awards;sa=modify
8: Undefined variable: boarddir 
Line: 206

http://www.aussierampage.com/smf/index.php?action=admin;area=awards;sa=modify  8: Undefined variable: boarddir File: /home1/krajinal/public_html/aussierampage/smf/Sources/ManageAwards.php
Line: 208

http://www.aussierampage.com/smf/index.php?action=admin;area=awards;sa=modify 
8: Undefined variable: id_award   
Line: 212

as this file ManageAwards.php is a part of the MOD I wouldn't think it isn't the problem
rather somewhere else is not right

I am aslo getting this error
File: /home1/krajinal/public_html/aussierampage/smf/Themes/default/Profile.template.php
Line: 3541

3528:    // Check if there are any awards   
3529:    if (empty($context['categories']))   
3530:       echo '   
3531:                <p class="description>   
3532:                   ', $txt['awards_error_no_badges'], '   
3533:                </p>';   
3534:    else   
3535:    {   
3536:       foreach($context['categories'] as $key => $category)   
3537:       {   
3538:          echo '   
3539:                <div class="title_bar">   
3540:                   <h3 class="titlebg">   
==>3541:                      <a href="', $category['view'], '">', $category['name'], '</a>   
3542:                   </h3>   
3543:                </div>   
3544:                <table class="table_grid" width="100%">   
3545:                <thead>   
3546:                   <tr class="catbg">   
3547:                      <th scope="cols" class="smalltext" width="15%">', $txt['awards_image'], '</th>   
3548:                      <th scope="cols" class="smalltext" width="15%">', $txt['awards_mini'], '</th>   
3549:                      <th scope="cols" class="smalltext" width="25%">', $txt['awards_name'], '</th>   
3550:                      <th scope="cols" class="smalltext" width="40%">', $txt['awards_description'], '</th>   
3551:                      <th scope="cols" class="smalltext" width="5%">&nbsp;</th>   
3552:                   </tr>   
3553:                </thead>   
3554:                <tbody>';   
3555:
3556:          $which = false;   
3557:
3558:          foreach ($category['awards'] as $award)   
3559:          {   
3560:                $which = !$which;

When I have time tomorrow I think I should go over this MODs install step by step
until then any idea's would be good

KensonPlays

reefie: i believe it is a Fieldset, search for that, fieldset in code not css

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

T3CHN0

sorry but i don't know what you mean by a fieldset
do you mean look for the word fieldset in the coding of the php install

KensonPlays

Not exactly, i dont know jb's code. it looks like one to me. (i do some web design in html :) )

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

IrateZebra

@techno489, which version are you using and on what version of SMF?

You should not be getting those errors with 2.2.1.

T3CHN0

T3CHN0

I found my error

I decided to uninstall and reinstall the mod & then do the error part of the install again
going over each file tree I found something I have never seen before & will look out for it
on every mod I install from now on.

NOW
All PHP installs said -  Test successful

apart from Display.template.php
It only showed the one error and the rest of the tree was collapsed for that same file

what didn't show was the other errors in the rest of the Display.template.php
I expanded the rest of the Display.template.php tree and found this for the next 3 parts of the Display.template.php

Replace ./Themes/default/Display.template.php  Test failed  (Ignore Errors)

Why was the errors told to be Ignored?

I then did the  all the Display.template.php changes my self & now the mod works perfect

Thankyou all for your support

T3CHN0

Hello. I have a new question
not to important... it just looks ugly

In my image you will see there is white text (awards) How do I remove it?
and bring my image of (player of the month) up closer to the avatar.

click on the image to see it better

T3CHN0

Doesn't matter, I found the fix for this my self

find this

// Show their awards?
            if (!empty($message['member']['awards']) && $modSettings['awards_in_post'] > 0){
                echo '
                                <fieldset style="border: 1px solid black; padding: 5px;">
                                    <legend>', $txt['awards'], '</legend>';

replace it with this

// Show their awards?
            if (!empty($message['member']['awards']) && $modSettings['awards_in_post'] > 0){
                echo '
                                <fieldset style="border: 0px solid black; padding: 0px;">
                                    <legend></legend>';

MoreBloodWine

I was looking over someones site (linked below) who uses this mod and I noticed soemthing weird with it.

http://www.asanctuary.net/ypyc/forum/index.php?topic=185.msg377#msg377

When you click the awards it, I believe, is mistaking award ID's for profile ID's and is trying to link to non existent profiles or soemthing. Best way to see what I see is click the above link then click on any one of the awards shown.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

IrateZebra

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on October 23, 2010, 05:47:06 PM
I was looking over someones site (linked below) who uses this mod and I noticed soemthing weird with it.

When you click the awards it, I believe, is mistaking award ID's for profile ID's and is trying to link to non existent profiles or soemthing. Best way to see what I see is click the above link then click on any one of the awards shown.
What's funny is that they are using SMF Team badges as awards :o

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: IrateZebra on October 23, 2010, 09:57:37 PM
Quote from: MoreBloodWine on October 23, 2010, 05:47:06 PM

What's funny is that they are using SMF Team badges as awards :o
I saw that but I also check it out on another site using this mod and the same thing. It would appear SMF is mistaking award ID's for profile ID's so when you click an award you get a error message.

Edit: What's surprising is no one appears to have noticed this before.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

IrateZebra

I believe it is set up so that guests cannot view the users awards via profile. If you log into the forum, then you can view the awards.

T3CHN0

hmmm, it works exactly how i would expect it to, i use this mode & if you read back a few posts
in this topic I had some errors with the install but all fixed & working now.

the awards image shows under the users name in the posts as it should and if i click on the award image
it takes me to the users profile as it should, so i can see what the awards are for
in more detail.

I don't see this is an error

TheMortician4

I am running SMF 1.1.11 with Simple Protal 2.3.2. I used to have the Simple Awards system, but when I upgraded to 1.1.11 from 1.1.10, it stopped working and there has not been any additional mod changes  for this version of SMF. Although RC2.0 has the ability to run this.

Let me get to the point.

With Simple Awards, when a user posted in the forums, all the images or awards would post under their avatar.

1) Does this system have that capability or does it do the same?

2) Does this mod fully install on its own without having to do any code changes, as I am not at all proficient with the .php coding.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Kindred

with 1, it would seem that it does

as for 2...   that really depends on your system.
If you are running on a theme other than default, then you will have to manually install *ANY* mod...   plus, depending on what other mods you have installed, the auto install may or may not work on all files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: