News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Turn member nicks to different color

Started by Paul123, April 21, 2012, 12:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul123

Hello all,

I'm trying to set up my forum so that every time member click on "that special topic", the nick is turned to Red color.  Any input / hints will be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

P.S.  I'm using SMF 1.1.16

Paul123

Hello,

I just want to bring this topic up again to seek for help.

I'm building a meditation room on my smf.  Everytime, users click on this special topic, their nick will turn to the different color (Orange), so that people know who are joining this "room" (topic).  Is there any similar mod out there doing this similar?  I'm using SMF 1.116. 

Thanks much!

TheListener

Hi Paul is it the Membergroup you are looking at giving the different colour?

Paul123

Quote from: Old Fossil on April 25, 2012, 05:47:40 PM
Hi Paul is it the Membergroup you are looking at giving the different colour?

Thanks for your reply.  I might use membergroup as a reference mod to get what I'd like to integrate. 

The purpose is for any users include guest to see on the index page:  those users, who are currently viewing that topic, have different user name color (Orange), and when they're off that topic, their user name color will be back to normal.

Thanks

Paul123

Hello,

Here is what I'd like to do.  Please share your thought if you have.

I have 5 boards on my forum.  Whenever members read a board number 3, I'd like to turn these members into one membergroup.  when they are out of this board, these members will be normal again.

Please give me some hints.

Thanks.

Advertisement: