TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: lurkalot on February 23, 2016, 12:34:18 PM
Is this relevant to your problem? http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=422210.msg3159370#msg3159370

No unfortunately. Meta are fine and forum name is blah blah forum. It's showing this way in forum, in Google, in social media too.

Subs and languages fine too. TP is the only other mod that might handle titles I can think of.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

lurkalot

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on February 23, 2016, 04:30:10 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on February 23, 2016, 12:34:18 PM
Is this relevant to your problem? http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=422210.msg3159370#msg3159370

No unfortunately. Meta are fine and forum name is blah blah forum. It's showing this way in forum, in Google, in social media too.

Subs and languages fine too. TP is the only other mod that might handle titles I can think of.

TP shouldn't mess with the title at all.  There is a custom title setting TP Admin > Settings > Use a custom frontpage title:

This is usually empty by default, but only controls the title shown on the browser tab, nowhere else.

Got a link to the site please?

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Peach85

I lost the tiny portal.  the files are in Cpanel.  Just need instruction on how to install tiny portal.   Hoping someone will please advise me
Modify message

lurkalot

Quote from: Peach85 on February 24, 2016, 05:38:47 PM

I lost the tiny portal.  the files are in Cpanel.  Just need instruction on how to install tiny portal.   Hoping someone will please advise me
Modify message

You lost Tinyportal ?  What exactly happened for you to lose it.  What version of SMF and Tinyportal were you running when you "lost" it??

I see from your other post that your forum crashed, so what have you done so far to get you forum back online.  Did you rebuild it, fresh files etc?

Please give us a bit of background info to enable us to help you.

Sir Osis of Liver

Just tried installing TP v1.2 on a 2.0.11 forum recently upgraded from 1.1.4.  No errors, updates database, but board index is borked in Curve and Dilber MC.  Tried it twice.  Uninstalls cleanly.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

lurkalot

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 24, 2016, 10:18:36 PM
Just tried installing TP v1.2 on a 2.0.11 forum recently upgraded from 1.1.4.  No errors, updates database, but board index is borked in Curve and Dilber MC.  Tried it twice.  Uninstalls cleanly.

Were you running TP before you upgraded SMF?

Sir Osis of Liver

I didn't do the upgrade, but yes, I believe TP was installed when upgrade was done.

- R. Waters

lurkalot

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 25, 2016, 01:28:34 PM
I didn't do the upgrade, but yes, I believe TP was installed when upgrade was done.

Ok, can you try turning off any custom blocks one by one until your front page (hopefully) comes back.  Then if it does the offending block will need to be updated to run on SMF 2.0.xx

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, will give it a try.  Unfortunately I didn't see the 1.1.x install, so no idea how it was configured, but I do get access to TP admin panel.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

No go.  If I disable all blocks, board index completely disappears.  If I enable Recent Posts blocked, I get full width Recent Posts where board index should be (still no board index).  Enable Links and I get a page of raw code under Links header, below Recent Posts.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Deleted the forum, did clean 2.0.11 install, installed TP.  I get Recent Posts and Links one over the other full width.  Board Index is completely gone.  Only improvement is Links are displayed correctly, no longer showing raw code.  Would have to guess the problem's in the database.

Any ideas?

- R. Waters

sangham.net

Greatings Lurkalot,
and IchBin and the rest of the team,

Atma (my person) just came across here to share and answer that he quested for some many month ago and thought to congratulate you that you made a need update.

"Sadly", since the personal capacities are less, Atma is not able to update (no possibility to make a suggested safety copy) Hoe ever, since the old works pretty great enough Atma would like to ask in regard of the shoutbox.

Would it work, if simply the shoutbox.php is replaced? Or does it have more changes, so that a simply new blockcode would not work in this case?

So in short, old Tinyportal installed, if wanting to replace simply the old to the new shoutbox, is it possible by just replacing the single blockcode file?

Thanks in advanced and one again, sympathetic joy with your good works and gains.

lurkalot

Quote from: sangham.net on March 02, 2016, 12:28:10 AM
Quote from: sangham.net on March 02, 2016, 12:28:10 AM
Greatings Lurkalot,
and IchBin and the rest of the team,

Atma (my person) just came across here to share and answer that he quested for some many month ago and thought to congratulate you that you made a need update.

"Sadly", since the personal capacities are less, Atma is not able to update (no possibility to make a suggested safety copy) Hoe ever, since the old works pretty great enough Atma would like to ask in regard of the shoutbox.

Would it work, if simply the shoutbox.php is replaced? Or does it have more changes, so that a simply new blockcode would not work in this case?

So in short, old Tinyportal installed, if wanting to replace simply the old to the new shoutbox, is it possible by just replacing the single blockcode file?

Thanks in advanced and one again, sympathetic joy with your good works and gains.

Pretty sure it's more than one file that would need replacing.  But to be honest, I'm not even sure what version of SMF and Tinyportal you're running, as you've left out that important info.  I'm assuming your username is your website address, and if that's the case (SMF 2.0.10 and Tinyportal 1.0) you really need to update your version of SMF and you might as well update to TP 1.2 at the same time. If you get stuck drop a support post over at http://www.tinyportal.net

sangham.net

Thanks for your kind suggestion, Lurkalot. Not sure if Atma (my person) should risk without safety copy. And for sure Atma would maybe costs others a lot of time with questioning. Lets see.

metta & mudita
Samana Johann

lurkalot

Quote from: sangham.net on March 02, 2016, 03:06:47 AM
Thanks for your kind suggestion, Lurkalot. Not sure if Atma (my person) should risk without safety copy. And for sure Atma would maybe costs others a lot of time with questioning. Lets see.

metta & mudita
Samana Johann

I personally wouldn't do anything like this without a backup of database and files tbh.  You really need to do that first.

sangham.net

No possibility. Either enough download speed nor space to store at least.

skb

Hello,

I'm using SMF 2.0.11 & installed the latest TP version. I've noticed some malfunctioning in the PM system for the past two days. It wasn't so when installed (maybe 5 days ago). Does TP have any clashes / issues with 2 PM mods that I have installed (earlier). These are
PM Informer 4.0.1
Enhanced PM System 3.5

The problems encountered are (1) Some members are showing more number of messages (at the bottom of their screen) than they actually have in their Inbox (2) Some messages just won't open up. For instance, if there are 6 messages in the Inbox, clicking on message #4 will open up the last message only. The message that won't open up is received after installing TP. I also noticed the "Preferences" button in the messages menu. Some setting needs to be done there I think ?

Thanks.

(Note :- I'm just an ordinary guy without any IT training. Just learn & do things on my own. And I just cannot thank enough, all the Open Source people in the world)

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Steve

Do things go back to normal if you uninstall TP?
DO NOT pm me for support!

skb

I tried that. Still didn't work. Some check boxes in the Messages / Preferences / Settings somehow got unchecked, whether by TP or some other Mod (I'm not sure which). But I checked them again and things are now working fine. Thanks.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Advertisement: