News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAYBOY

"(07:52:36) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 404" shoutbox started giving this error all of a sudden for no reason. I havent installed any mods recently. Can somebody help me?

Kreator

This program is giving me an absolute nightmare!

In the config.php do I have to add my database name password etc ?( I assume I do but it still does not want to play ball with me ) some help would be very useful

krash661

What would be the reason for the double (1 user is in chat.) posting?.and how do i fix this?

hcfwesker

A double install of the MOD.

Loook under   /Themes/default(or custom theme)/BoardIndex.template.php

search
// users in chat
if (isset($context['chat_links'])){
if (count($context['chat_links']) == 0 )
  echo '<br />' . $txt['chat_no_user'];
elseif (count($context['chat_links']) == 1 )
  echo '<br />  1' . $txt['chat_aUser']. ':<br />', implode($context['chat_links']);
else
  echo '<br /> ' . count($context['chat_links']). $txt['chat_users']. ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['chat_links']);
  }

I can guarantee you'll see 2 of those there.  Just remove one of them.

hcfwesker

If I could I would have replied.  I never use the shoutbox on my forum, so I don't really mess around with it.   I can't really suggest anything..

PLAYBOY

I dont think its just a shoutbox problem though. Im sure its in the chat room also.

Nevermind i fixed it. It was cause by this line in my htaccess
DirectoryIndex /folder/index.php

Biology Forums

Is this mod supposed to log you out automatically?  :-\

If I'm inactive after 2 to 5 minutes, I am logged out.

Is there a way to disable this feature?  :(

TheListener

Quote from: shuban on December 20, 2011, 06:59:36 PM

You will find the answer in the mods FAQs

hcfwesker

chat/lib/config.php   ( there's a lot of neat stuff you can customiz in this same file)

Find
// Minutes until a user is declared inactive (last status update) - the minimum is 2 minutes:
$config['inactiveTimeout'] = 2;
// Interval in minutes to check for inactive users:
$config['inactiveCheckInterval'] = 5;

Change the 2 & 5 to longer times.  Though I would set some kind of time limit, or those who dont logout and leave their PC on 24/7 will stayed log in.

Biology Forums

Quote from: hcfwesker on December 20, 2011, 08:55:09 PM

chat/lib/config.php   ( there's a lot of neat stuff you can customiz in this same file)

Find
// Minutes until a user is declared inactive (last status update) - the minimum is 2 minutes:
$config['inactiveTimeout'] = 2;
// Interval in minutes to check for inactive users:
$config['inactiveCheckInterval'] = 5;

Change the 2 & 5 to longer times.  Though I would set some kind of time limit, or those who dont logout and leave their PC on 24/7 will stayed log in.

So Awesome!

R6

Hi.  My question please, is on correctly accessing Ajax 3.2.1 Chat logs using SMF 2.0.1

As a newbie, I'm trying to access the logs for the first time now I have the forum and chat room working.

Once logged into the forum as the administrator, and then logging into the chatroom logs at URL:

http://www.mywebsite.com/forum/chat/index.php/?view=logs [nofollow]

I selected a channel, a date, and pressed 'search' (leaving the search box empty), yet nothing happened and no logs are presented on the screen.
I then repated the action, this time entering an IP address into the previously blank search box  to test it, e.g.    ip=127.0.0.1

Again nothing happened.

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Thank you for any advice.

hcfwesker

try just selecting the main channel users use, and set the date and time to something that you know members were active in the chat.  Messages should automatically be pulled up.  Never have to use the Search box

If you use the Search box to search a phrase, dont put a date or time setting.

clothahump

Quote from: .HuNTeR. on August 10, 2011, 03:21:52 AM
@mlw4428
as I'm completely rewriting the mod to use the integration hooks it takes some time

Any news on this working with SMF 2.0.2, my members are in need of a chat room and shoutbox. :)

hcfwesker

This works fine with 2.0.2  Though you'll probably have to emulate to a previous version in the package manager to install the MOD.  Other than that it works great.

clothahump

Exactly how do I emulate a previous version?

hcfwesker

on the browse package manager page, in the bottom right hand side you'll see a linked text 'Advanced'.  click it, and put in the smf version you want to emulate to.  "Ex.  SMF 2 RC5" click "Apply" ...  then, upload and install the MOD (make any manual edits due to install errors) ...

once you're done, go back to the 'Advanced' tab, and simply click "revert" to go back to SMF 2.0.2 then "Apply"

TheListener

Use the mod emulation link in my signature.

:)

clothahump

Job for another day, need to do some manual edits and it is getting late, thank you for your help.

BaghdadGhost

guys I lost tracking in this topic. could someone please direct me to the last package updated by a user here. I know somebody already updated it but cant find the reply.

thanks

Advertisement: