News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Problem with "Hide post group titles for grouped members"

Started by teddy7, May 22, 2021, 06:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teddy7

There are theme updates, as soon as I make it work I will close the topic, it is already solved but I want to give everyone a closure.
Thanks everyone for the prompt response.

Steve

teddy, as the original issue is solved, I'm going to go ahead and mark this solved anyway.

Reason being that most of the support team come here on their phones and if a topic is still open, they will check and see what's going on whereas if the topic is marked solved, they know they can skip it.

Just because it's marked solved doesn't mean you can't still post here if you need to but as it's now a theme issue, the problem should be handled there.
DO NOT pm me for support!

teddy7

Admin -> Current Theme -> Hide post group titles for grouped members
I can't make this check box Save in a theme LikeIPB I am using for my forum.
The author of the theme can not replicate the problem.
If I am to hardwire Hide post group titles for grouped members to work which lines in Display.template.php do I need to alter?

Steve

teddy7

The author of the theme told me to replace the code and it worked.

// Show the post group if and only if they have no other group or the option is on, and they are in a post group.
if ((empty($settings['hide_post_group']) || $message['member']['group'] == '') && $message['member']['post_group'] != '')
echo '
<li class="postgroup">', $message['member']['post_group'], '</li>';

with this

// Show the post group if and only if they have no other group or the option is on, and they are in a post group.
if (($message['member']['group'] == '') && $message['member']['post_group'] != '')
echo '
<li class="postgroup">', $message['member']['post_group'], '</li>';

Steve

Advertisement: