News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dharshan

Quote from: Tiribulus on April 03, 2010, 11:39:08 PM
Quote from: Dharshan on April 03, 2010, 11:20:29 PM
upgraded  existing 2.3.1  version on my SMF2 RC3, with no problem, you do not need to uninstall 2.3.1, just upload the new package and install it! :)

I don't know man. I'm no expert, but the if the notes to say to uninstall the previous version the honchos must have reasons for including those instructions.

if your using 2.3.1 u do not need to uninstall it, but if your using an older version than 2.3.1 then u need to uninstall.

cheers!

R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

gisfreak

Quote from: [SiNaN] on April 03, 2010, 11:03:36 AM
If you have Pretty URLs mod installed and you get a Test Failed error in Subs.php file; you can ignore the error and install the mod.

any other way........any other plan from SP developer to fix problem ?  ::)
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

[SiNaN]

Quote from: psynx on April 03, 2010, 10:02:16 PM
please help!

i have smf 1.1.11 and using babylon theme. i also have simple portal mod installed.

i have this white space under my blocks. i don't know how to fix this. it is untidy.

try view my site on different browser, using mozilla no problem at all. but viewing it on IE browser there you see white space under the blocks.

IE6 is evil. Fix is here:

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=4326.msg30504#msg30504

Quote from: Tiribulus on April 03, 2010, 11:39:08 PM
Quote from: Dharshan on April 03, 2010, 11:20:29 PM
upgraded  existing 2.3.1  version on my SMF2 RC3, with no problem, you do not need to uninstall 2.3.1, just upload the new package and install it! :)

I don't know man. I'm no expert, but the if the notes to say to uninstall the previous version the honchos must have reasons for including those instructions.

Actually, you can upgrade from 2.3 and 2.3.1 versions without uninstalling. If you are using an older version, you need to uninstall and install back though.

Quote from: gisfreak on April 04, 2010, 04:23:46 AM
If you have Pretty URLs mod installed and you get a Test Failed error in Subs.php file; you can ignore the error and install the mod.

any other way........any other plan from SP developer to fix problem ?  ::)

The only thing we would do will be setting that edit as "ignore-able". Pretty URLs replaces that function alltogether and adds its own handling of pretty URLs.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

aussieherps

Have made a page and marked it as active, but it does not show anywhere in the menu.
How do I make the page available?
http://aussieherps.com">snakes lizards spiders turtles and much more

rahlzel

Quote from: aussieherps on April 04, 2010, 08:43:01 AM
Have made a page and marked it as active, but it does not show anywhere in the menu.

I had the same problem.  I just copied its link in the "Pages" section and used it as a redirect board.

I'd be happy to post this bug up on the SimplePortal site, but I can't get past your f*cking CAPTCHA verification image to register. You guys are great with php, but apparently no one at SimplePortal ever read ANY "Web Design Mistakes to Avoid" articles. I noticed you even use it on the Search function. Great way to prevent people from searching for similar bugs before they post theirs (unless it turns off for registered members).

Anyway, I'm using SMF 2.0 RC3 and SimplePortal 2.3.2 and I noticed a bug with the Shoutbox. Currently my Shoutbox is at the top of the "Top Blocks". When I select the "Reverse Order" option, the reverse function works well, but long messages (more than a line.. even more makes it worse) will get cut off just above the timestamp.

Thanks for the great work done on this portal! This one is my favorite.

smp420

This isn't a bug. You have to make a new tab in the menu linking to your page. Search and you will find a how to on this.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

ACAMS

I am having trouble getting this to work on my modified 2.0 RC2 forum.....it works fine on my unmodified test forum.
I have Member Color Link, Spoiler Tag, Wysiwyg Quick Reply RC2, nCode Image Resizer, Limit Posts Per Day (doesn't work), SMF Arcade mods installed and two themes by Crip installed. I need help getting it working because I have tried about everything I know. It does not change the links to the pages ...IE "Home", "Forum", "Search" And I have modded that too.....could that be the reason?
When I create a page, and copy the link it does not show like on my test forum, but I can probably fix that.

Can somebody help me with this?

I have it disabled now because when it is enabled the front page shows instead of the forum.

[SiNaN]

Quote from: rahlzel on April 04, 2010, 11:36:26 PM

I had the same problem.  I just copied its link in the "Pages" section and used it as a redirect board.

I'd be happy to post this bug up on the SimplePortal site, but I can't get past your f*cking CAPTCHA verification image to register. You guys are great with php, but apparently no one at SimplePortal ever read ANY "Web Design Mistakes to Avoid" articles. I noticed you even use it on the Search function. Great way to prevent people from searching for similar bugs before they post theirs (unless it turns off for registered members).

Anyway, I'm using SMF 2.0 RC3 and SimplePortal 2.3.2 and I noticed a bug with the Shoutbox. Currently my Shoutbox is at the top of the "Top Blocks". When I select the "Reverse Order" option, the reverse function works well, but long messages (more than a line.. even more makes it worse) will get cut off just above the timestamp.

Thanks for the great work done on this portal! This one is my favorite.

Quote from: smp420 on April 05, 2010, 12:45:20 AM
This isn't a bug. You have to make a new tab in the menu linking to your page. Search and you will find a how to on this.

Yeah, it isn't a bug. Currently you need to add links to your pages manually.

As for the verification code required on sp.net; it's only required for guests and I believe it is simple enough.

Quote from: ACAMS on April 05, 2010, 04:17:05 AM
I am having trouble getting this to work on my modified 2.0 RC2 forum.....it works fine on my unmodified test forum.
I have Member Color Link, Spoiler Tag, Wysiwyg Quick Reply RC2, nCode Image Resizer, Limit Posts Per Day (doesn't work), SMF Arcade mods installed and two themes by Crip installed. I need help getting it working because I have tried about everything I know. It does not change the links to the pages ...IE "Home", "Forum", "Search" And I have modded that too.....could that be the reason?
When I create a page, and copy the link it does not show like on my test forum, but I can probably fix that.

I have it disabled now because when it is enabled the front page shows instead of the forum.

If you mean you don't have the "Forum" button in the menu; if you are using SMF 1.1 version with a custom theme, you'll need to add the "Forum" button manually. Here's the guide for that:

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=148.0

Bruno36

Its causes a blank page when I send or respond to a topic ..
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

PSPguru

thanks for the update, the new features are handy  ::)

aw06

:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

ACAMS

Quote from: [SiNaN] on April 05, 2010, 04:31:29 AM

Quote from: ACAMS on April 05, 2010, 04:17:05 AM

If you mean you don't have the "Forum" button in the menu; if you are using SMF 1.1 version with a custom theme, you'll need to add the "Forum" button manually. Here's the guide for that:

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=148.0

I put a quote tag in and the damn forum deletes it.......

I have a Forum button as always, it just didn't make a Home page button and the forum button leads to the home page.

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Bruno36 on April 05, 2010, 05:59:31 AM

Its causes a blank page when I send or respond to a topic ..

Ummm, where did you get the impression that "it" causes the blank page?

Quote from: ACAMS on April 05, 2010, 10:54:36 AM
I put a quote tag in and the damn forum deletes it.......

I have a Forum button as always, it just didn't make a Home page button and the forum button leads to the home page.

I'm really having difficulty in understanding what you issue is. Can you please clearly explain what you expect and what you get? Also, can you provide a link to your forum?

ACAMS

I got it, I had to copy the buttons from my test forum.

Thanks for the help.

Bruno36

QuoteUmmm, where did you get the impression that "it" causes the blank page?

Good evening!

Yes the problem occurred after installing SimplePortal - 2.3.2
With SimplePortal - 2.3.1 I was not a problem
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

ACAMS

I have SMF 2.0 RC2 with SimplePortal - 2.3.1

No matter what I try, I can't create a .php page.....only html

I get this error, even with simple page.

Syntax error in block code. Please check the code.

I used Dreamweaver and created this simple test page and STILL got the error!

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
<body>
test
</body>
</html>

What can I do to create a .php page.....I have GOT to have it for my uploaders?

THANKS

EDIT:

This does not work either!

<html>
<body>

<?php
echo "Hello World";
?>

</body>
</html>

Preview gives this error!

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&' in /home/.monsieur/gametechmods/gametechmods.com/forums/Sources/Subs-Portal.php(1333) : eval()'d code on line 1

kkattfish

Excellent!  I just upgraded from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2 with no errors or problems of any kind.  Best part is now Aeva gallery displays on the portal.  Great work, thanks for a great mod   ;)

ACAMS

I upgraded to 2.3.2 and that fixed all my problems too!

php pages work fine now.

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Bruno36 on April 05, 2010, 02:15:23 PM
QuoteUmmm, where did you get the impression that "it" causes the blank page?

Good evening!

Yes the problem occurred after installing SimplePortal - 2.3.2
With SimplePortal - 2.3.1 I was not a problem

SimplePortal won't make any changes that might cause a white page on those actions. It might be related to some other mod (like Pretty URLs or SimpleSEF - if you are using something like that). Do you have any errors in the forum error log or server error log? Try uninstalling SimplePortal and see if problem goes away.

LuisMX

"standalone" does not remember the login at index :o

www.clanscp.com , you can get logged at forums via blocks on index, but if you click index again, block still asking to log in.
--
sorry, changed forum link from hxxp:foro.clanscp.com [nonactive] to hxxp:www.clanscp.com/foro [nonactive] and now its working, thx.

Advertisement: