General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kmarion

I resolved the issue of my video showing up twice by opening up the subs.php file and removing the second instance of // Aeva - START
// Do the actual embedding
global $sourcedir;
@include_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Aeva.php');
if (function_exists('aeva_parse_bbc2'))
aeva_parse_bbc2($message, $smileys, $cache_id);
// Aeva - END
I did do a full uninstall prior. Hopefully this will help anyone else who has a similar problem.

drav

Quote from: drav on November 01, 2009, 06:51:43 PM
Hi, I've installed the mod with no problems, and it's working. However, when I try to access the settings through admin panel I get a time out as if the connection to my database has broken. It's a "MySQL server has gone away" error, and refers to some lines of code in the load.php and subs.php files. On inspection, the code seems to request a database query but it breaks before it can be completed. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Any chance someone could answer this for me? Why does my connection to Mysql time out when I try to access the Aeva settings?

booch_21

I have a new bug that just popped up.  I'm now running Windows 7 and when I use Safari for Windows 4.0.3, I do not see any video box, window or other display that would indicate a video is there.  I see them just fine in IE8.  I uninstalled Aeva and reinstalled it, but no change.  I'm running SMF 2.0 RC1.2 and Aeva 7.0.705.  I'll be happy to run any tests needed for you.

Thank you!

mark7144

I know this was mentioned a long time ago but I've forgotten...

Are we required to uninstall and re-install the mod every time these little updates are done, for example the YouTube WS fix, or do we just copy over Subs-Aeva-Sites.php from the SMF mod page?

I'm running 7.0.703.

imrich

Quote from: C4G-TK on November 09, 2009, 03:44:27 PM
I'm installing this on a clean version of RC2 and I think part of the code was changed in the admin area below...

The first picture is the new mod on clean SMF2.0 RC2 version.

The second picture is what shows on my SMF2.0 RC1.2 forum.

I'm seeing this cosmetic issue also in RC2.

mark7144

Quote from: Akyhne on November 11, 2009, 08:02:41 AM
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=338923.0#post_post_install1
Thank you, I feel like a right newbie :)

Then my question should now be: What is the purpose for the site list being available to download separately?

Nao 尚

@IceBurn> Nope.. Nothing for attachments. I would recommend to use SMG + the Foxy! mod to get an upload button for your posts. You'll then be able to include the uploaded file with a single click. A type=av smg tag should turn it into an audio player just fine.

@c4g, @imrich> I can't reproduce your error, on either of my themes. Please send me an admin account + your url so I can look into the code.

@drav> I don't know. I don't have admin access to your site either.... :P

@booch> I have no problem with Safari. What else can I say... :-/

@mark> Generally, an Aeva update means you can simply overwrite the existing files with the updated ones (except for users who don't know much about administration, of course). However, recently (I don't remember if it's in 703 or 705), I changed the install script so you'd have to do the usual install process. It doesn't matter much if you don't, though, because the change was only intended to fix potential issues with SMF. If you don't have any issues, you can freely ignore that.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

mark7144

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on November 11, 2009, 10:29:24 AM
@mark> Generally, an Aeva update means you can simply overwrite the existing files with the updated ones (except for users who don't know much about administration, of course). However, recently (I don't remember if it's in 703 or 705), I changed the install script so you'd have to do the usual install process. It doesn't matter much if you don't, though, because the change was only intended to fix potential issues with SMF. If you don't have any issues, you can freely ignore that.
OK so I just copied over the sitelist from the mod page and in my AEVA admin area, it still says I need to upgrade? Is this just happening because you changed the install script this time or would this normally happen?

Nao 尚

This would normally happen.
Aeva version number != sitelist version number

I myself have the "reminder" message show up in my admin area every time. I'm the author. You see, that's nothing to be concerned about... :P
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Nao 尚

Also, is there a reason why your videos don't have the "Normal | Large" links below them?

mark7144

Thanks Nao, so from now on I will simply copy over the site list when you update and ignore the upgrade alerts in the admin section :)

C4G-TK

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on November 11, 2009, 10:29:24 AM
@c4g, @imrich> I can't reproduce your error, on either of my themes. Please send me an admin account + your url so I can look into the code.

I had already uninstalled the mod because I was just testing out the new RC2 and the mods I currently use.  I will install it again over the weekend and send you the info. 

BTW, Sorry for the delay in getting back with you.

-img removed-

uk2us88

with the risk of sounding like a complete idiot I am having the same issue. I have searched the boards and google and everywhere else for the answer with no luck.

During my install however I was told the following:
1.     Execute Code     aeva_install.php     
   2.    Execute Modification    ././Sources/Load.php    File not found
   3.    Execute Modification    ././Sources/Post.php    File not found
   4.    Execute Modification    ././Sources/Subs.php    File not found
   5.    Execute Modification    ././Sources/ManageSettings.php    File not found
   6.    Execute Modification    ././Sources/Admin.php    File not found
   7.    Extract File    ./Sources/Subs-Aeva.php    
   8.    Extract File    ./Sources/Subs-Aeva-Admin.php    
   9.    Extract File    ./Sources/Subs-Aeva-Sites.php    
   10.    Extract File    ./Sources/Subs-Aeva-Custom-Example.php    
   11.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Aeva.english.php    
   12.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Aeva.french.php    
   13.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Aeva.french-utf8.php    
   14.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Aeva.english-utf8.php    
   15.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Aeva.english_british.php    
   16.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Aeva.english_british-utf8.php    
   17.    Extract File    ./expressInstall.swf

Thanks for any info you can give!

Nao 尚

I didn't test on your site (which I don't know the URL of), I tested on my site...

Jaba

Hi  Nao
Great MOD by far it has to be said :)
One of my Users just posted a link from snotr.com but it's not working!
The site is live and working from them. Some great vids on this site so if/ when you have the time could see what they've done to break it please?
Cheers and thanx in advance if you can take a look...
PS. Running sms 1.1.10 and Aeva Current version: 6.9.99

Nao 尚

*sigh*

I guess you have a corrupted install. Your Sources path is wrong!

uk2us88

corrupted smf install? or Aeva? Sorry not a programmer by any means so its not as easy for me to figure this out.

If it's in the smf install after copying it all to the /forum directory and running the install there is not to much to it. The sources directory is located at ..../forum/sources.

Please be gentle :)

Sudhakar Arjunan

Conflict with Redirect Topics mod.

When a youtube link is there, it does not allow the mod to show video and instead of links.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

superlife

Im getting the same problem
I installed the new version manually
and Now when i go to check the AEVA SITE  it giving a white page with not error that all.

I have the smf 1.1.10.
i appreciate any help.

Advertisement: