News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Auto Email Inactive Ordinary Users

Started by rsw686, May 12, 2008, 12:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlsred

Quote from: mlsred on May 27, 2008, 03:59:40 AM
So is this a bug then, if I had it set to zero it shoukd have only deleted zero posters???

Anyone? Any ideas?

jossanaijr

So if I did not delete any member the "Users Awaiting Deletion:" number represents members not active in the last 60 days, right?  And it changes down (if member came back) or up (if another member enter this period without visiting the forum)?

iPollesion

Hi RSW,

I am getting this error when trying to run AEIOU,

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 263340 bytes) in /customers/age-of-chivalry.com/age-of-chivalry.com/httpd.www/smf/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 638

How can I fix this issue?

kizer

I get an error like that when I try and run a database backup within SMF. I normally have to run it via PHPmyadmin. However why your getting that in SMF is beyond my understanding.
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

kizer

Quote from: jossanaijr on May 31, 2008, 11:45:33 PM
So if I did not delete any member the "Users Awaiting Deletion:" number represents members not active in the last 60 days, right?  And it changes down (if member came back) or up (if another member enter this period without visiting the forum)?

This is my understanding.
If members come back that number should reduce after AEIOU runs and counts the amount. As more members do not come back within that 63 days that number should get higher.

You should see members coming back because I know I have. ;)

mlsred

Quote from: mlsred on May 31, 2008, 04:03:13 PM
Quote from: mlsred on May 27, 2008, 03:59:40 AM
So is this a bug then, if I had it set to zero it shoukd have only deleted zero posters???

Anyone? Any ideas?

Any update on this? Thanks M

kizer

That would of been my guess to be honest. I've disabled the auto deltetion myself just incase.

i4get75

This mod fails after installation and breaks the "Features and Options" link in the Admin panel.  I get the following error after installation when redirecting to the settings page:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home/hotneons/public_html/vps2/modules/smfforum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 144

When I try to uninstall the package and go to "Features and Options" I get this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home/hotneons/public_html/vps2/modules/smfforum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 143

c a g a t a y

Sorry but

What does INACTIVE USER mean that this mod send mail?

A. A member REGISTERED but not LOGIN (Never Logged in)
B. A member REGISTERED and LOGGED but not visited more than 21 days?

Regards

Eliana Tamerin

It will send mail in both instances.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

c a g a t a y

How we can change the time period (i mean 21 days)

Is there any setting for this?

regards

Eliana Tamerin

No, and I don't believe there is going to be a setting. It prevents admins from spamming their members every few days with emails (not saying you would, but some would).
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

kizer

From the previous Author he said he would not support settings for changing this mod. I haven't seen the current Author state that, but he hasn't as of yet so I'm willing to bet hes not.

I personally edited the Subs file to change the time from 21 days to 60days because 21 days in my case was to soon.

I did request from the last author if he was willing to add a setting to add time say 21 + setting, but not remove time.

As well I wanted a setting that tracked if a member did not visit for a year could it run and delete per the set threshold opposed to the 63 day window.

c a g a t a y

chadon

Quote from: iPollesion on June 05, 2008, 04:50:08 PM
Hi RSW,

I am getting this error when trying to run AEIOU,

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 263340 bytes) in /customers/age-of-chivalry.com/age-of-chivalry.com/httpd.www/smf/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 638

How can I fix this issue?

I get a memory warning too when I run it manually.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/account/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php(1265) : runtime-created function on line 7

I tried to change the mail settings to
Maximum emails to send per minute: 1
Maximum amount of emails to send per page load: 1
and it gave me the same error.

Any idea?

BPDFamily.com

I have a somewhat busy baord - 2,000 a day - most on at 150

Will this slow performance?
http://www.bpdfamily.org/

Johno69

With the manual install...

11x-dbmodify.php
This file should be able to execute standalone.

How do I do this part?

I had an error when trying to run via package manager.

kizer

Ok, Im rather stumped. A while back I edited the code to change the 21 days to 60 days only because 21 was not suiting my needs because 21 days is simply to early for my 300 or so members. I restarted everything and I had 121 emails to mail out. I had it set to mail out 10 per day just because thats what I want at a rate of 1 per hour.

Today I check my stats and it says I have 69 to send out and only 2 was sent out yesterday. First was at 12am and the second at 9pm. Normally they are sent 1 per hour and its been clock work for 6 days.

Today this is what is says now. I was tinkering with the amouts per hour and day hoping it would get going again, but so far its been just sitting there. Could it be checking anything in regards to email functions and there is a problem so its not mailing out?

Last Ran:   Today at 10:29:43 PM
Will Start Again:   Today at 10:34:43 PM
Emails Sent Today:   0 (Max: 1000)
Emails Sent This Hour:   0 (Max: 100)
Total Emails Awaiting To Be Sent:   69
No. of Initial Emails:   69
No. of Final Emails:   0
Users Awaiting Deletion:   0

Its not sending out anything any more. What gives? Is there anything I can check or enable or do in the database to kick start it backup?

I did double check to make sure PM's are going out, but it doesn't appear its working for some odd reason when it worked fine for 6days before.

kizer

Beats me. I lowered it back down to 21days and it started sending again. I give up. hahahaha

digit

When it deletes accounts does it also delete posts?

That brings up a question I have had for a long time...  when deleting accounts, you are given 3 options...

Remove posts by this member: None, All Posts, & Topics and Posts.

What is the difference between All Posts, & Topics and Posts?

Thanks!
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Advertisement: