Disable [QUOTE] tag!

Started by nitins60, January 08, 2007, 10:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitins60

It's very common, any1 can steal posts using QUOTE option! I want a mod which can give new tag like [SKIP]! When you post information between these tags, on quoting, the message between these tags should be skipped(not displayed)!

Hope this tag help to prevent copying some useful information! For other simple posts, no problem!  ::)

Alexmosutheskypirate

ahmm i like that idea...
and what kind of info could be stolen... ??

saludos :D

The random hand of fate delivers me to you.

Sarke

If I understand you correctly, I don't think it would work; people can always copy+paste and make a new quote box if they wanted to.

My MODs          Please don't PM me for support, post in the appropriate topic.

Alexmosutheskypirate

i think he means that the quote must not reveal the internal structure of the post...

nitins60

Suppose

[b]
i am here for you! You are here for me! We are here for no one! What a funny joke
[/b]
when you quote it,
[quote][b]i am here for you! You are here for me! We are here for no one! What a funny joke[/b][/quote]
will appear in post!

Now what i want is!
[b]
i am here for you![skip] You are here for me![/skip] We are here for no one! What a funny joke[/b]

on quoting it should display in this way

[quote]
i am here for you! We are here for no one! What a funny joke[/quote]
while posting!

now there is no chance of copying!

Sarke

I'm not sure why you'd want that.  Like I said, it's very easy to circumvent so it wouldn't prevent "stealing posts".

nitins60

Still, let's stop stealing @newbies!

Dannii

I don't see how quoting someone could be called stealing?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Alexmosutheskypirate

yeah but let's imagine you have a custom html design very comlicated and hard to do..and you spend 3 days creating it..so you post a list of thing with that template an so...
anyone can quote you an steal the design..the html code of your template...so..by adding that [skip] you could stop them from stealing it and make them do it for themselves...
know what i mean ?

Dannii

No.. they can already look at the source to see your beautiful html.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

1MileCrash

Yeah...I'm uh, completely not follwing this at all.

Quote from: eldʌkaː on January 11, 2007, 09:02:52 PM
No.. they can already look at the source to see your beautiful html.

This post is now copyrighted by me. I quoted after all.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

nitins60

Hope TipMASTER has understood it! So hopefully i am expecting this mod from SMF team! :P

Eldka, some times i spend lot of time n searching, getting good articles and make them as one perfect article about it, post in Forum! Simply other fellow comes, quote my post, run away with my hardwork to another forum/place! Actually ppl should be able to quote some places n my posts, some places not! Which is possible throug this tag!

Dannii

They already can quote it. Removing the quote button won't help at all, especially if you're worried about them taking it to another forum!
And if you're worried about that sort of stuff, then don't post publically.

1MileCrash

People can still view source, or copy and paste to get everything they want.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

nitins60

Oh! My god, please read my post(4th reply)! Don't misunderstood by seeing topic title! Hope you get my point! Atleast it stops 30% thieves!

Sarke

If they can see and read it they can copy it.

Dannii

Maybe you should consider releasing what you post under a creative commons licence, so that others will be able to spread what you write around, while you still receive 100% of the credit.

nitins60

Brothr! Discussing and Writing them is ok! Don't suggest me for copyright please! It's a bit hard, which i can't do! Why can't you make it as a mod! It helps alot! We can't see who's stealing, where they are posting(even we get copyrights)

I like the idea for this mod and would use it (if works) but just for a different reason.
.::.

ディン1031

It's possible to make with this

<edit file>
$sourcedir/Post.php
</edit file>

<search for>
$form_message = preg_replace('~<br(?: /)?' . '>~i', "\n", $form_message);
</search for>

<add after>
$form_message = preg_replace("/\[skip\](.+?)\[\/skip\]/i", '',$form_message);
$form_message = preg_replace(array('~\n?\[skip.*?\].+?\[/skip\]\n?~is', '~^\n~', '~\[/skip\]~'), '', $form_message);
</add after>

<search for>
$row['body'] = preg_replace('~<br(?: /)?' . '>~i', "\n", $row['body']);
</search for>

<add after>
$row['body'] = preg_replace("/\[skip\](.+?)\[\/skip\]/i", '', $row['body']);
$row['body'] = preg_replace(array('~\n?\[skip.*?\].+?\[/skip\]\n?~is', '~^\n~', '~\[/skip\]~'), '', $row['body']);
</add after>

<edit file>
$sourcedir/Subs.php
</edit file>

<search for>
array(
'tag' => 'white',
'before' => '<span style="color: white;">',
'after' => '</span>',
),
</search for>

<add after>
array(
'tag' => 'skip',
'before' => '',
'after' => '',
),
</add after>

Hmm i think this should work... but it's possible that it remove the content if you click on inline edit... (as long you not press save, it would not be removed xD).

I hope it's a small help.

Bye
DIN1031
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

Advertisement: