Member Awards (2.0 Compatible!)

Started by Spuds, September 18, 2006, 03:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MATTEK

Quote from: C4G-TK on July 06, 2009, 06:01:23 PM
1st - What version of SMF are you using?

2nd - Are you using the default theme?

1. Rc1-1
2. Yes. Default Core.
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

C4G-TK

You need to do this manually in your Sources/Subs.php file:

Find:$context['allow_admin'] = allowedTo(array('admin_forum', 'manage_boards', 'manage_permissions', 'moderate_forum', 'manage_membergroups', 'manage_bans', 'send_mail', 'edit_news', 'manage_attachments', 'manage_smileys'));

Replace:$context['allow_admin'] = allowedTo(array('admin_forum', 'manage_boards', 'manage_permissions', 'moderate_forum', 'manage_membergroups', 'manage_bans', 'send_mail', 'edit_news', 'manage_attachments', 'manage_smileys', 'manage_awards'));

Do you know how to FTP that file to make an edit manually and then upload it back to your server once you make the edits?

-img removed-

C4G-TK

If not, can you at least attach a copy of the Sources/Subs.php file and I will do the edit for you and you can replace it yourself.

@Fustrate
  Thanks, Sir.  (for the previous answer to my question a couple posts back.)  I appreciate it.

-img removed-

MATTEK

Quote from: C4G-TK on July 06, 2009, 06:17:23 PM

Do you know how to FTP that file to make an edit manually and then upload it back to your server once you make the edits?

No. But When I get home I will try. I need to learn this stuff anyway. Thank you so much.
SMF 2.0.1

C4G-TK

Sure thing, You can PM me if you need help.  I try to help people out in Mods where I've been given help as a way to Thank the author for it.  I'll be back periodically throughout the night during the next 7 hours or so.

-img removed-

MATTEK

Quote from: C4G-TK on July 06, 2009, 06:31:09 PM
Sure thing, You can PM me if you need help.  I try to help people out in Mods where I've been given help as a way to Thank the author for it.  I'll be back periodically throughout the night during the next 7 hours or so.
Alright. I'm done work in 4.
SMF 2.0.1

Chaos Dragon

Quote from: C4G-TK on July 06, 2009, 03:37:45 PM
Or, you can do what Fustrate said to do....

If you are using SMF 2.0:

-Go to ADMIN CENTER
-Go to PACKAGES
-Go to BROWSE PACKAGES and at the bottom of the block that lists the mods you have installed, there will be a word/link that says "ADVANCED" on the right side.  Click on this word and it will show the advanced options.
-Where it says EMULATE VERSION, change the version to SMF 2.0 RC1 by deleting the "-1" and hit APPLY.

-Then, go to DOWNLOAD PACKAGES
-Browse to select the package to upload and go from there with the package.

Oh....That is what he meant by link at the bottom of the download area....
"Never stop exploring new ideas, concepts and techniques, but never forget the old ones, they just may come in handy someday!"
"Don't give up! Otherwise you do not win and nothing gets accomplished!"
Einstein "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results..."
Do Not PM me for Support. They will be Ignored. Use the Threads the have been provided.

Chaos Dragon

Quote from: Chaos Dragon on July 06, 2009, 09:19:25 PM
Quote from: C4G-TK on July 06, 2009, 03:37:45 PM
Or, you can do what Fustrate said to do....

If you are using SMF 2.0:

-Go to ADMIN CENTER
-Go to PACKAGES
-Go to BROWSE PACKAGES and at the bottom of the block that lists the mods you have installed, there will be a word/link that says "ADVANCED" on the right side.  Click on this word and it will show the advanced options.
-Where it says EMULATE VERSION, change the version to SMF 2.0 RC1 by deleting the "-1" and hit APPLY.

-Then, go to DOWNLOAD PACKAGES
-Browse to select the package to upload and go from there with the package.

Oh....That is what he meant by link at the bottom of the download area....

Ok I did that and now if i wanted to i can not uninstall some of my other mods.....I reverted back to 2.0 RC1-1 and still no uninstall links for those mods. I thought maybe cleaning the cache would help...Nope....Went to "Installed Packages" in the admin panel and tried that uninstall on one and It tell me it can not be uninstalled because there is no uninstall packages.
So now if any of those mods have updates I will not be able to uninstall the old version with the new...
How would i fix this?
"Never stop exploring new ideas, concepts and techniques, but never forget the old ones, they just may come in handy someday!"
Einstein "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results..."
Do Not PM me for Support. They will be Ignored. Use the Threads the have been provided.

C4G-TK

After reverting to a different version, you install the mod...

If you want to uninstall something that was performed on the original version, you just type in the -1 after the RC1 and hit APPLY.  It should be the same as what it was previously.  I've never had anything change that it couldn't be uninstalled after doing this.  There is probably a thread somewhere about reverting versions.

Or once you revert back to RC1-1, I think you can re-upload the packages that no longer show the uninstall.  When you hit APPLY, it may say already installed (because it is), then do not hit INSTALL, but go back to browse and it may have changed back to allowing the UNINSTALL option to that mod.

-img removed-

Chaos Dragon

Quote from: C4G-TK on July 06, 2009, 10:22:44 PM
After reverting to a different version, you install the mod...

If you want to uninstall something that was performed on the original version, you just type in the -1 after the RC1 and hit APPLY.  It should be the same as what it was previously.  I've never had anything change that it couldn't be uninstalled after doing this.  There is probably a thread somewhere about reverting versions.

Or once you revert back to RC1-1, I think you can re-upload the packages that no longer show the uninstall.  When you hit APPLY, it may say already installed (because it is), then do not hit INSTALL, but go back to browse and it may have changed back to allowing the UNINSTALL option to that mod.

Actually I did all those things while waiting for a reply and non of those worked....I was thinking about maybe deleting the package and then just re-uploading it, but I didn't want to try just in case it failed and messed everything up...would this work even though the mod is installed will it mess up the install in any way?

C4G-TK

-img removed-

Chaos Dragon

I just installed Member Awards on 2.0RC1-1 and all is working except having the award under the avatar.

In settings I set this
QuoteAwards in Post:
How many awards should be shown under a user's avatar? Set to 0 to show none.
to 2 and awarded 2 awards to test things out and it does not show the award under the avatar on posts at all....I looked through all the settings in admin panel but did not find anything about allowing awards on posts anywhere....If I am missing something pleases let me know?
I looked through the tread and didn't find anythings similar to this so I went ahead and posted. If this has been posted before then sorry for the repost of the same problem.

robinrobin

I'm unable to assign any awards. It doesn't matter who i write in to the "Select Members" field, i still get the error "You must select a member and/or award in order to continue!"

MATTEK

C4G-TK

I wasn't able to get to the editing last night. I'll do it tonight. Will you be on?
SMF 2.0.1

robinrobin

I get these errors in 2.0 RC1-1 which i guess is the reason for why i get the error above:

index.php?action=admin;area=awards;sa=assign;step=2
2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
File: Sources/ManageAwards.php
Line: 444
444:  foreach($_POST['recipient_to'] as $recipient)

8: Undefined index: recipient_to
File: Sources/ManageAwards.php
Line: 444
444:  foreach($_POST['recipient_to'] as $recipient)

C4G-TK

Quote from: MATTEK on July 07, 2009, 03:25:32 PM
C4G-TK

I wasn't able to get to the editing last night. I'll do it tonight. Will you be on?

Yeah, sent you a PM.

-img removed-

JoeB

no LINK to the mod?

demonsmasher

I did not see any awards that came with this. Where can you download awards at?

C4G-TK

Quote from: demonsmasher on July 08, 2009, 03:26:24 PM
I did not see any awards that came with this. Where can you download awards at?

You create your own awards to upload.  This allows every person the ability to make awards that are unique to their own forum.  You decide what it looks like.  You decide what the description is.  It is a very nice mod that gives you a lot of control over the content.  This is a TERRIFIC awards system that gives you these abilities and not a one-size-fits-all prepackaged award system.

Quote from: JoeB on July 08, 2009, 03:24:16 PM
no LINK to the mod?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=475

-img removed-

robinrobin

If i had 1.3 installed in SMF 2.0 RC1, and upgrade SMF to RC1-1, is there anything i have to edit? I don't understand why i can't assign any awards.

Advertisement: