Minor default theme 'bug'

Started by Lilac, November 01, 2007, 02:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilac

At least I'm calling it a bug because the behavior changed from SMF 1.0.x to 1.1.x.

Namely, in 1.0.x, if someone was not able to view extended profile details (which includes their IMs), then they would not see these items in people's posts, either.  This got changed in the 1.1 default theme - people can see IMs in posts regardless of the setting - was this intentional?

Thanks.
Elliquiy Adult Role playing is a mature roleplaying community with some 500,000 posts in over 100 boards.

I don't know everything.  Please ask questions in the support forums instead of PMing me!

SleePy

I don't see a "Extended profile" option in SMF. Are you sure you are not thinking of a mod?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Lilac

No, I mean the "View profile summary and stats" option used to control seeing people's IMs and such in posts in 1.0, it doesn't in 1.1. IE, someone where such access is denied can still pick out your ICQ, MSN, AIM, and YIM from your post here.
Elliquiy Adult Role playing is a mature roleplaying community with some 500,000 posts in over 100 boards.

I don't know everything.  Please ask questions in the support forums instead of PMing me!

Advertisement: