News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Admin Permissions

Started by Patzt, April 22, 2004, 12:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patzt

I've been without my computer for 3 days while it's been in the shop getting Win. XP on it.

I've just logged into my forum and I show at the bottom in red but I cannot access my Admin area.  It says I don't have permission.

I clicked on the icon at the bottom to see "Who's Online" and I get the same message that I don't have permission.

We have a Moderator Only area which I can see and I can see the last person's name that posted a message but when I click on that topic to read it I get "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

H-E-L-P!! Please!

I'm definitely logged in the same as usual and my name is showing in red at the bottom of the page.

EDIT:  I've just tried again and I can't post.  Each time I click on a topic, my status goes back to "Guest" status from Admin.

EDIT #2:  I had created a member called "Test" and I've just tried to login with that user name and am successful as far as seeing it at the bottom of the page but I cannot post with that login either.  Right now, both "Pat Scott" and "Test" show as being online and both are me but I can't post.

http://christianphotographers.com/community

Two sites that use SMF!
Photography Cafe
and

Christian Photographers

[Unknown]

Sounds like the cookie isn't setting properly.  Can you give me a password to a test account, and try clearing out your old cookie?

-[Unknown]

Patzt

Thanks Unknown!

I think I found the problem.  I think it was ZoneAlarm Pro set too tightly secure on this new computer.  I tried to get on with a laptop and it worked.  So now, I'm on my site posting.

Thanks for "being there"!
Two sites that use SMF!
Photography Cafe
and

Christian Photographers

[Unknown]

Sure thing.  I've heard of too many problems with Zone Alarm and Norton Internet Security.... and personally, I can get around the internet without the and completely safe....

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: