News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Full Directory ?

Started by keyboard, October 09, 2022, 12:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keyboard

"Cher - Believe 1 H.mid There was a problem during the uploading of Cher - Believe 1 H.mid.
The upload directory is full. Please contact an administrator about this problem. 64 KB"

Can someone direct me where I can change this ?
Слaва
Украинi

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: keyboard on October 09, 2022, 12:24:43 PM"Cher - Believe 1 H.mid There was a problem during the uploading of Cher - Believe 1 H.mid.
The upload directory is full. Please contact an administrator about this problem. 64 KB"

Can someone direct me where I can change this ?

Is this about the uploading of attachments? If so, go to your Admin Panel->Forum->Attachment Settings and set the value 0 for Maximum number of files per directory.

keyboard

Really confused here . It seems that I can only upload 20 files in one message. I have attached some settings......Please tell me what I need to change.
Слaва
Украинi

savo

It could be because your Max size per attachment size is larger than the Max attachment size per post, it should be the other way around.

keyboard

I have changed the numbers only to get the same error....

So I am wondering if I should increase the php.ini amount
Maximum allowed by php.ini: 131072 KB.     
Слaва
Украинi

Dave J

Try clicking on the link below 'Attachments Directory' '[Manage attachment directories]' follow the instructions and add another file directory and see if that helps.

The easiest way to create a new directory is to copy the path of the existing one, then click on 'Add Path' then paste that into the empty box below and add _0 to the end of the line, once done click on 'Save'

It automatically creates the directory for you so you've no need to ftp to the root and do it.

look at the attached to see how mine is set up, I have shortened the paths for security

If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

shawnb61

I'd also confirm that there is actually space on the drive...
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

@rjen

Quote from: keyboard on October 09, 2022, 08:17:05 PMI have changed the numbers only to get the same error....

So I am wondering if I should increase the php.ini amount
Maximum allowed by php.ini: 131072 KB.     

I would check this setting in php.ini...

; Maximum number of files that can be uploaded via a single request
max_file_uploads=20
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

keyboard

Thanks to Doug Heffernan & @rjen for solving this !!!!!!

the max_file_uploads value is set to 20 at php.ini. You can try to increase it and see if it will help.

Worked !!!! 
Слaва
Украинi

@rjen

Isn't that exactly what I wrote yesterday?
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

keyboard

Quote from: @rjen on October 11, 2022, 08:22:26 AMIsn't that exactly what I wrote yesterday?
Quote from: @rjen on October 11, 2022, 08:22:26 AMIsn't that exactly what I wrote yesterday?

Sorry I missed that. Apologies. 
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: