News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Help Im In A Mess

Started by glennk, November 04, 2008, 10:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk

Ive jut tried to upgrade to smf 2 beta from 1.6

My initial attempt ended in a mess. No buttons worked, the menu was a mess with it all mashed together. The forum looked a mess.

So I deleted the whole forum folder from my hosting and created a new one and uploaded the upgrade files into there.

Now I get a white screen and these errors.

Warning: require_once(/home/glennk/public_html/forum/Settings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/glennk/public_html/forum/index.php on line 52

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/glennk/public_html/forum/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/glennk/public_html/forum/index.php on line 52

and this if I run upgrade

Warning: require_once(/home/glennk/public_html/forum/Settings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/glennk/public_html/forum/upgrade.php on line 91

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/glennk/public_html/forum/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/glennk/public_html/forum/upgrade.php on line 91

Please help me, im in panic mode.

Marcus Forsberg

Make sure all files are located on the right places, espacially index.php and Settings.php

glennk

I ftp them just as they came in the bundle once unzipped.

Marcus Forsberg

Did you only upload the upgrade files after removing your entire forum?

SlammedDime

You don't have your Settings.php file.

Download a copy of the 2.0 B4 install package, extract Settings.php from it, edit it as needed to get the proper information in, then upload it to your SMF directory.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

glennk

Hi, Thankyou both for replying. That has got m somewhere now. However the links arent working to the forum boards. The urls seem to be wrong ??

They are pointing to

http://127.0.0.1/smf/index.php?board=2.0

in stead of

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=2.0

Is this something to do with the settings again ?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

What is repair_settings.php?

use this file top fix the paths, upload on the server, go on the path, yoursite.com/repair_settings.php

and use the suggested path.. it should probably do it.

glennk

A big thanks to everyone who is helping me it is really appreciated. Thanks flamer. Another step further but Im getting another problem now. When I do repair settings I now get this message :

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/install.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Well, have you installed the forum or about to do it ? it will fix paths only if the forum is installed and has a database linked to it as it extracts information from settings.php

glennk

Hi again,

Sorry Im a bit confused now. I did as the other guys suggested above. I got the forum back up and running (this is an upgrdae not install) but the links to the individual boards were wrong. I ran repair settings and now have the error listed above.

I am not sure why it should be looking for /forum/install.php

Sorry if im confusing you too  :) but Im a little lost.

Thanks again - Glenn

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Can you give me the link to your site in PM with repair_settings.php uploaded ? DONOT give me here as if repair_settings.php is uploaded and if someone goes there, it might happen they can access the database remotely and extract information off it.

I feel it should be that the forum is looking for install.php as it still thinks its not installed yet..

glennk

OK Flamer you should have the details in a pm

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Have sent you a PM back, Inform me if anything that i have suspected may be the reason.

glennk

HI there I think we may be getting a bit mixed up. The reason it isnt finding forum/install.php is because it wasnt on the server. I think things are missing because I am using upgrade files not install files.

I have now upload  install.php and get this error.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/install.php

Critical Error!
The installer could not find any install script files for the detected databases. Please check you have uploaded the necessary install script files to your forum directory, for example "install_2-0_mysql.sql"

Could someone please advise on the best way to proceed with this problem please ? I thinkthe problem has arose because I deleted all the old forum files and installed the upgrade pacge into the forum folder. I feel pretty certain I shouldnt be using the install package here.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Do a thing, download original 2.0 beta 4 package, delete all the files leaving settings.php/avatars if any custom added and attachments if present or added on the server..

It maybe that your upgrade of database wasnt done properly, so take the LARGE Upgrade pack and extract the upgrade.php and upgrade.sql (somewhat like that) files and put it on the server..

Go to yoursite.com/upgrade.php and upgrade your database.

This should basically bring your site to the perfect state. Hopefully..

babjusi

Quote from: glennk on November 04, 2008, 01:35:20 PM
HI there I think we may be getting a bit mixed up. The reason it isnt finding forum/install.php is because it wasnt on the server. I think things are missing because I am using upgrade files not install files.

I have now upload  install.php and get this error.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/install.php

Critical Error!
The installer could not find any install script files for the detected databases. Please check you have uploaded the necessary install script files to your forum directory, for example "install_2-0_mysql.sql"

Could someone please advise on the best way to proceed with this problem please ? I thinkthe problem has arose because I deleted all the old forum files and installed the upgrade pacge into the forum folder. I feel pretty certain I shouldnt be using the install package here.

Did you do as SlammedDime advised above? (recreating the Settings.php file)

glennk

Hi Yes I did that and that got the forum working. Everything looked fine. All my boards were present as they were in 1.1.6. However from the forum homepage all the links to the boards were wrong. they were reading

http://127.0.0.1/smf/index.php?board=2.0

but this really should have been

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=2.0

I then used repair setting as advised by flamer. Once the settings were repaired the forum started redirecting to http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/install.php

Not quite sure why it is going to install.php I feel this is wrong as when I first ran the upgrade files I went right through the process of upgrading the database files.

SlammedDime

Ok, open Settings.php and if you look towards the bottom of the file, you'll see a section of code that references install.php, remove that block of code.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

glennk

That seems to have got it. Thankyou very much for that. Was I right to remove this whole peace of code ??

header('Location: http' . (!empty($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && strtolower($_SERVER['HTTPS']) == 'on' ? 's' : '') . '://' . (empty($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) ? $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . (empty($_SERVER['SERVER_PORT']) || $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] == '80' ? '' : ':' . $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT']) : $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) . (strtr(dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), '\\', '/') == '/' ? '' : strtr(dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), '\\', '/')) . '/install.php'); exit;

Also, beofre I go and leave you in peace. Is the code for the default template the same is in 1.1.6. Can I just replace the index template with my old one ??

Once again many thanks to everyone who has helped it is really appreciated.

SlammedDime

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Advertisement: