Help...not all the time but a few times per day the name ( Home ) inserts

Started by netshaq, March 01, 2012, 09:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

netshaq

Help !

not all the time but a few times per day the name ( Home ) inserts in links
example http://electricalpages.com/Home/index.php?action=gallery

of course without bold

I checked for virus but found nothing....

thanks
electricalpages.com

ARG01

I am not sure what you mean by "the name ( Home ) inserts in links" but this is what I am currently getting using the full url posted. However when clicking the Home button everything seems fine.

Quote404: Page not found
This error is generated when there was no web page with the name you specified at the web site.

Troubleshooting suggestions:

Ensure the page you are linking to exists in the correct folder.

Check your file name for case sensitivity . Index.htm is not the same as index.htm!

Temporarily disable any rewrite rules by renaming your .htaccess file if it exists.

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

netshaq

MrPhil

Is "Home" the real directory, or is it simply a random inserted name? Do you have some sort of SEO or URL rewriting to add/remove "Home" from a URL? Have you looked in your .htaccess file(s)?

Matthew K.

Make sure you run repair_settings.php. Then also make sure you've written a .htaccess redirect for the /Home directory.

MrPhil

Was there an older version of your site that had a Home directory? If so, could visitors be using old bookmarks or search engine entries that contain "Home"? You would need to use .htaccess to remove Home from the URL. Do you see any consistent pattern to "Home" appearing?

Advertisement: