Separate The member Groups

Started by vaibhav goswami, March 26, 2013, 04:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaibhav goswami

Kindred

unbelievable...   

Try and type more than a single, useless phrase/sentence.
Try to type more than a single pointless line of text.
Give us actual information that we can use to try and help you figure out what's going wrong.
and ANSWER THE BLOODY QUESTIONS WE ASK!

White page error is almost as useless as "did not install"

WHEN does the white page error occur?

Quote from: Kindred on March 26, 2013, 11:15:26 AM
did the mods install correctly and fully?
Any errors in the install?

Can you confirm that the changes to the files were made?

Did you go to turn on and configure the mods after installing?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vaibhav goswami

really sorry for my spam

the error comes when i push upload then it come and say "install Mod " when i click on it the white page appear on my pc screen

Kindred

that is somewhat better.

You mentioned above, that you successfully installed one mod. yes?
Which mod?

Now, go to your site cpanel (not smf, the server cpanel) and go to the file manager (or use FTP) and look at the permissions of the various files and directories.

I am betting that some of them are different (666 instead of 664, or 777 instead of 755)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vaibhav goswami

well i go to my FTP but where to see the  permissions ?

look here :

Kindred

perms....

and yup... You can see that the php~ files created as backups by the package manager are indeed a different chmod permission. Which suggests that the edited files in Sources and Themes/default are also different.
Слaва
Украинi

vaibhav goswami

i did not get the point ! please explain it in some more detail 

Kindred

look at the perms column.

rwxr-xr-x
that is chmod 755 - that is good for directories.

r2-r--r--
that is 644 - that is good for files

rw-rw-rw-
that is 666 - some hosts will have issues with these permissions, because it means that the file is writable by anyone who gets access in any way.

you need to change the permissions on the files to 644 and recurse into the subdirectories...
If you need help on your specific server, I suggest that you check with your host.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chmod
Слaва
Украинi

vaibhav goswami

first it is not installing 2. when i push install it gives white page , after that i can not do any thing

Site : http://bf5-samp.net84.net/index.php?action=forum

Kindred

did you change the permissions that I told you to change?
Does your packages directory have a temp directory inside of it?
Слaва
Украинi

tomato721

This is happening to me too, im trying to install either simple portal or dream portal and a white screen is appearring, i checked the source and logs and theres no error. I changed the perms to 755 and 644 as you stated. Same problem, it dosent install.
P.s theres a temp folder inside the packages folder

Kindred

well, there IS an error, at the php level...  that's what is causing the white screen....

Also, please do not cross post to multiple threads. You alreayd have your own support thread on this issue.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: