News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

Can you post your 'pretty_board_lookup' and 'pretty_board_urls' database settings (from smf_settings) and I'll fix them so that you can do the redirect from with Pretty URLs.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Dannii

Okay I think I've fixed the problem with <script> tags in R50. :D
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

glennk

Hi Eldcar,

What is r50 ?

do you want me to post up the things you mention ? where do I find them please ?

Thanks - glenn

Dannii

R50 is the latest revision in SVN: http://prettyurls.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Base/

Using phpMyAdmin, go to the smf_settings table, and copy the content of those two rows.

glennk

Cant find those mate. Are these the ones ?

smf_pretty_topic_urls      

smf_pretty_urls_cache

Thats all I can find with anything to do with the pretty urls unless Im looking in the wrong spot.

Dannii

Those are the two tables created by the mod. Go to the smf_settings table, and then look for two rows in it, they'll probably be on the last page.

glennk

pretty_board_urls     a:26:{i:2;s:24:"north-east-coast-fishing";i:8;s:16...

pretty_board_lookup     a:26:{s:24:"north-east-coast-fishing";s:1:"2";s:16...

Its all very complicated mate. Well done for understanding that lot.

Dannii

Can you copy the whole of it?

glennk

Is this what your after ?

pretty_board_lookup     a:26:{s:24:"north-east-coast-fishing";s:1:"2";s:16:"members-pictures";s:1:"8";s:11:"please-read";s:2:"22";s:9:"mwws-pics";s:1:"3";s:12:"cps-pictures";s:1:"9";s:15:"mackys-pictures";s:2:"10";s:16:"lobbers-pictures";s:2:"13";s:15:"glenns-pictures";s:2:"14";s:37:"paul-kilpatricks-sea-otter-2-pictures";s:2:"15";s:16:"grovers-pictures";s:2:"16";s:16:"ringers-pictures";s:2:"17";s:18:"pictures-by-ramrod";s:2:"18";s:18:"kelpsters-pictures";s:2:"19";s:17:"bassmans-pictures";s:2:"20";s:17:"the-docs-pictures";s:2:"21";s:16:"smokeys-pictures";s:2:"23";s:23:"skippyicelands-pictures";s:2:"24";s:16:"pictures-by-robq";s:2:"25";s:22:"pictures-from-mikefish";s:2:"26";s:19:"pictures-from-bucko";s:2:"28";s:15:"rustys-pictures";s:2:"29";s:22:"site-reviews-and-links";s:1:"4";s:30:"charter-boats-and-tackle-shops";s:1:"5";s:16:"non-fishing-chat";s:1:"6";s:18:"pictures-from-baza";i:30;s:19:"pictures-from-andyp";i:31;}
pretty_board_urls    a:26:{i:2;s:24:"north-east-coast-fishing";i:8;s:16:"members-pictures";i:22;s:11:"please-read";i:3;s:9:"mwws-pics";i:9;s:12:"cps-pictures";i:10;s:15:"mackys-pictures";i:13;s:16:"lobbers-pictures";i:14;s:15:"glenns-pictures";i:15;s:37:"paul-kilpatricks-sea-otter-2-pictures";i:16;s:16:"grovers-pictures";i:17;s:16:"ringers-pictures";i:18;s:18:"pictures-by-ramrod";i:19;s:18:"kelpsters-pictures";i:20;s:17:"bassmans-pictures";i:21;s:17:"the-docs-pictures";i:23;s:16:"smokeys-pictures";i:24;s:23:"skippyicelands-pictures";i:25;s:16:"pictures-by-robq";i:26;s:22:"pictures-from-mikefish";i:28;s:19:"pictures-from-bucko";i:29;s:15:"rustys-pictures";i:4;s:22:"site-reviews-and-links";i:5;s:30:"charter-boats-and-tackle-shops";i:6;s:16:"non-fishing-chat";i:30;s:18:"pictures-from-baza";i:31;s:19:"pictures-from-andyp";}

vosje505

Quote from: wdm2005 on July 28, 2007, 02:24:59 AM
http://waynesworld.kicks-ass.net/forum/index.php?action=arcade;sa=play;game=2299

here is the link to the arcade where it says i need to enable javascipt but when i turn off pretty urls it works

i've got the same problem :(

Col

vosje505

Dannii

Glennk, replace pretty_board_lookup with this:
a:27:{s:24:"north-east-coast-fishing";s:1:"2";s:16:"members-pictures";s:1:"8";s:11:"please-read";s:2:"22";s:9:"mwws-pics";s:1:"3";s:12:"cps-pictures";s:1:"9";s:15:"mackys-pictures";s:2:"10";s:16:"lobbers-pictures";s:2:"13";s:15:"glenns-pictures";s:2:"14";s:37:"paul-kilpatricks-sea-otter-2-pictures";s:2:"15";s:16:"grovers-pictures";s:2:"16";s:16:"ringers-pictures";s:2:"17";s:18:"pictures-by-ramrod";s:2:"18";s:18:"kelpsters-pictures";s:2:"19";s:17:"bassmans-pictures";s:2:"20";s:17:"the-docs-pictures";s:2:"21";s:16:"smokeys-pictures";s:2:"23";s:23:"skippyicelands-pictures";s:2:"24";s:16:"pictures-by-robq";s:2:"25";s:22:"pictures-from-mikefish";s:2:"26";s:19:"pictures-from-bucko";s:2:"28";s:15:"rustys-pictures";s:2:"29";s:22:"site-reviews-and-links";s:1:"4";s:30:"charter-boats-and-tackle-shops";s:1:"5";s:16:"non-fishing-chat";s:1:"6";s:18:"pictures-from-baza";i:30;s:19:"pictures-from-andyp";i:31;s:34:"charter-boats-and-tackle-shops-etc";i:5;}

glennk

Hi Eldacar

I see this at the end

"charter-boats-and-tackle-shops-etc";i:5;}

As I am changing from that url to one without -etc, is this right ?

Dannii

Yes, it should now recognise both, and redirect to the correct one.

PoLlama

QuoteI've never had this problem before. Any more information you can provide?

Ok removing your mod only fixed it for a couple people, turns out the problem is still around, so I really have no idea.

glennk

Thanks Eldacar. Sorted I think.

Something Else I have spotted. I now get 3 listings for the same topic. The other day I got 4 google listings for this topic . Should this happen ? With three listing all sharing the same title and description its a duplicate content issue.

A SECRET LOCATION SOMEWHERE NEAR TO BRID. - 1 Aug
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. 1 Hour, 1 Day, 1 Week, 1 Month, Forever. Login with username, password and session length ...
www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/north-east-coast-fishing/a-secret-location-somewhere-near-to-brid/20/ - 94k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

A SECRET LOCATION SOMEWHERE NEAR TO BRID.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. 1 Hour, 1 Day, 1 Week, 1 Month, Forever. Login with username, password and session length ...
www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/north-east-coast-fishing/a-secret-location-somewhere-near-to-brid/40/ - 27k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Print Page - A SECRET LOCATION SOMEWHERE NEAR TO BRID.
Well the yakkers hit the sea big time today a floatilla of them out around ???????? in search of the elusive cod. I wont bore you with a report on the ...
www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/.../a-secret-location-somewhere-near-to-brid/0/?action=printpage - 26k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Dannii

The first two are different pages of the topic, which is a good thing! The third is the print version, which you should block with robots.txt

glennk

Thanks Eldacar,

With two different pages of the same topic using almost identical page titles google will stick both those pages into supplemental index as it appears you need unique page titles to stay in main index (I think this will be the case although I could be wrong ???)

glennk

Also is it possible to rewrite this

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/

to this

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php

?

And do you know what this is please it also shows up in google and looks like a 3rd version of the same page  ?

:) :) ;)

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic

Advertisement: