News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

AM Woody3

Quote from: Roman10 on June 23, 2009, 07:15:43 AM
Is an awesome shoutbox but.. some users say to me that they can't write on the shoutbox...

Why?!  :(

They are using Internet Explorer.  Have them click on the little broken page at the top beside the address bar.

trzycha

How can I add this shoutbox to my custom page? This page use ssi.

Roman10

Quote from: AM Woody3 on June 23, 2009, 09:28:58 AM
Is an awesome shoutbox but.. some users say to me that they can't write on the shoutbox...

They are using Internet Explorer.  Have them click on the little broken page at the top beside the address bar.

Thanks a lot!

JCS

Quote from: AM Woody3 on June 23, 2009, 09:28:58 AMThey are using Internet Explorer.  Have them click on the little broken page at the top beside the address bar.

thats strange, it works for me on IE8 :P, have to check whats going on

Quote from: trzycha on June 23, 2009, 11:32:21 AMHow can I add this shoutbox to my custom page? This page use ssi.

you can add the action

', $scripturl, '?action=shoutbox

embed it into a <iframe> tag, thats the easiest way to do that, maybe you can do something else, but im kind of tired, and cant think ^^
Dont PM me for support, unless I ask you to do that

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

Roman10

I have write your tip but nothing of them can resolv... why? Where is this little broken page?

trzycha

Quote from: JCS on June 23, 2009, 12:19:24 PM
Quote from: trzycha on June 23, 2009, 11:32:21 AMHow can I add this shoutbox to my custom page? This page use ssi.

you can add the action

', $scripturl, '?action=shoutbox

embed it into a <iframe> tag, thats the easiest way to do that, maybe you can do something else, but im kind of tired, and cant think ^^
Maybe i'm stupid but i don't know how do it. I was trying with iframe but it didn't work.

greatestthees

Great shout box. I have a small problem and not sure how to fix it.

Everything is working fine, but the shoutbox messages doesn't load when you go to the index page. If i refresh the page or go back to index after visiting any other page, messages loads up.

How can i fix it so the message will load when i first visit the index page? Thanks for all the help :)

AM Woody3

Quote from: Roman10 on June 23, 2009, 12:56:07 PM

I have write your tip but nothing of them can resolv... why? Where is this little broken page?

Are you using Internet Explorer?  The address bar at the top..Where you type the URL..To the right of that there will be an icon that kind of looks like a torn page...Just have them click on that.

lilone2k9

Quote from: JCS on June 22, 2009, 01:29:59 PM
Quote from: lilone2k9 on June 21, 2009, 07:50:15 AMHey, great shoutbox, I'd like to get it working in I.E the exact error I get is

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'shoutbox_popup' template.

I'm using SMF 1.1.9 and Shoutbox 2.0 heard it may be a permissions setting, but I don't see anywhere in shoutbox Admin to set permissions, can anyone help. Am I even on the right track ???  :(

theres a problem with the installation, use a package parser to install it manually

Cool, I did a manual install and it worked thanks a lot.

The shoutbox now it shows up with all permissions in admin etc but no matter what we try (even as admin) we cannot send shouts as they seem accepted but don't show up in the box. We type the shout and press enter, it disappears from the messagebox but doesn't display in the shoutbox window itself and we don't heard any sound to confirm our messages getting through, so our messages seem to be accepted but disappear into space  :'( :'(

Can anyone help ??? We've triple checked all files, re copied them to the different locations about four times just to make sure, we've tried setting all permissions to show shoutbox and allow sending shouts for every membership group and there's nothing else that we can think of trying now ... even redownloaded the mod from SMF  and then from Hackpark themselves (figure there may be something wrong within the.js files but no luck) ... What else can I try  ::) ::)

Using SMF 1.1.9, shoutbox 2.0, IE and FF, Manual Installed
Got God? http://thinkonjesus.org [nofollow]

JCS

Quote from: Roman10 on June 23, 2009, 12:56:07 PMI have write your tip but nothing of them can resolv... why? Where is this little broken page?

Im uploading an screenshoot of my shoutbox running on IE8, maybe you should cher your installation, maybe something went wrong while installing it

Quote from: greatestthees on June 23, 2009, 02:24:29 PMGreat shout box. I have a small problem and not sure how to fix it.

Everything is working fine, but the shoutbox messages doesn't load when you go to the index page. If i refresh the page or go back to index after visiting any other page, messages loads up.

How can i fix it so the message will load when i first visit the index page? Thanks for all the help :)

the shoutbox has an autorefresh system, so you have to wait 5 seconds, thats all

Quote from: trzycha on June 23, 2009, 01:48:10 PMMaybe i'm stupid but i don't know how do it. I was trying with iframe but it didn't work.

in my case, i add an iframe that contains this:

http://www.otakumi.net/index.php?action=shoutbox

you have to look in the first pages of this topic, a code that NIBOGO post to put the shoutbox on tinyportal, its kind the same thing that you need

Quote from: lilone2k9 on June 23, 2009, 05:05:36 PMCool, I did a manual install and it worked thanks a lot.

The shoutbox now it shows up with all permissions in admin etc but no matter what we try (even as admin) we cannot send shouts as they seem accepted but don't show up in the box. We type the shout and press enter, it disappears from the messagebox but doesn't display in the shoutbox window itself and we don't heard any sound to confirm our messages getting through, so our messages seem to be accepted but disappear into space  :'( :'(

Can anyone help ??? We've triple checked all files, re copied them to the different locations about four times just to make sure, we've tried setting all permissions to show shoutbox and allow sending shouts for every membership group and there's nothing else that we can think of trying now ... even redownloaded the mod from SMF  and then from Hackpark themselves (figure there may be something wrong within the.js files but no luck) ... What else can I try  ::) ::)

Using SMF 1.1.9, shoutbox 2.0, IE and FF, Manual Installed

did you create the tables on your database??, cuz if u installed it manually, you have to create the tables

look in the package for a file called "smf-1.1.x_install.php", upload it to your host, and then execute it, that file will create the tables for you

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

greatestthees

Quotethe shoutbox has an autorefresh system, so you have to wait 5 seconds, thats all

Thanks for the quick reply. It will not load no matter how long i wait. If i go to any topic and come back, then it works perfectly fine.

Morp

Here is a problem I've noticed. When the messages are too Long you can't edit them only Delete.

Can I fix it somehow?

JCS

Quote from: greatestthees on June 24, 2009, 05:37:14 AMThanks for the quick reply. It will not load no matter how long i wait. If i go to any topic and come back, then it works perfectly fine.

Quote from: Morp on June 24, 2009, 04:19:03 PMHere is a problem I've noticed. When the messages are too Long you can't edit them only Delete.

Can I fix it somehow?

I'll ask makito "the coder" to check these problems as soon as possible

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

edi67

how i can view demo if data sdemo/sdemo not work ?? there is some pics demo or similar?
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

sepulchre

Any news on a fix for the IE 8 bug? It would be nice if my users could just use it rather than having to enable the compatibility mode (some of the less savvy amongst them don't get it!)

trzycha

Quote from: JCS on June 23, 2009, 09:06:03 PM

Quote from: trzycha on June 23, 2009, 01:48:10 PMMaybe i'm stupid but i don't know how do it. I was trying with iframe but it didn't work.

in my case, i add an iframe that contains this:

http://www.otakumi.net/index.php?action=shoutbox

you have to look in the first pages of this topic, a code that NIBOGO post to put the shoutbox on tinyportal, its kind the same thing that you need

I was trying to add
template_HP_shoutBoxMain();
but it make errors.

Ok shoutbox work on custom page (iframe) but only for registered users thaht are logged in. Others see error that can not load shoutbox_popup template.

JCS

Quote from: edi67 on June 25, 2009, 01:29:05 PMhow i can view demo if data sdemo/sdemo not work ?? there is some pics demo or similar?

we are moving to other host, so the demo is disable temporaly, ill try to take some screenshoots asap

Quote from: sepulchre on June 26, 2009, 05:56:55 AMAny news on a fix for the IE 8 bug? It would be nice if my users could just use it rather than having to enable the compatibility mode (some of the less savvy amongst them don't get it!)

we got nothing 'til now, whats your template???

Quote from: trzycha on June 26, 2009, 06:17:10 AMI was trying to add
template_HP_shoutBoxMain();
but it make errors.

Ok shoutbox work on custom page (iframe) but only for registered users thaht are logged in. Others see error that can not load shoutbox_popup template.

did you checked the permissions on the admin panel??

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

trzycha

Yes. Before i post but now it's ok (it was my mistake with page).

frantic

Hello, i'm having a problem with the shoutbox.  The bottom portion looks like its missing images or something can someone please help? this problem was occuring before the simple portal mod, so thats most likely not it.

Rc1-1  and newest hack shoutbox version

Advertisement: