"Report To Admin" in private messages

Started by efk, October 06, 2017, 07:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efk

I was wondering is it possible to change the way it works "Report To Admin" button from private messages? I mean it works that way so administrator will receive private message or email (I never tested it myself), so its not a good thing.
I've noticed Custom report Mod for reporting posts to moderator so is there something similar but for report to admin?
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=436235.0

br360

How do you want to change the report to admin from private messages? If you don't like this feature, you can always just disable it the security and moderation section of your admin panel.

Are you also asking to have reported posts go to just admin and moderators as well?

Arantor

There is a reason it works the way it does: what if you're complaining about an admin? You don't want that admin to see the complaint before someone else can take a look first.

efk

Quote from: br360 on October 06, 2017, 07:58:56 PM
How do you want to change the report to admin from private messages? If you don't like this feature, you can always just disable it the security and moderation section of your admin panel.

Are you also asking to have reported posts go to just admin and moderators as well?
Well disabling this feature is not a solution. I was thinking more when user decides to report private messages, messages should go in dedicated board as topic with option to manipulate with accessibility there and who can solve it.
QuoteAre you also asking to have reported posts go to just admin and moderators as well?
Don't understand your question. As topics in dedicated board, together or in 2 different boards.

Quote from: Arantor on October 07, 2017, 02:00:17 AM
There is a reason it works the way it does: what if you're complaining about an admin? You don't want that admin to see the complaint before someone else can take a look first.
I have read some parts in some old topics about that. In that case personal message can be sent to another admin. I think this with reporting private messages is more related with member>member than admin>member. So if one user is insulting another, why 1 or all admins should receive notification about that when it can go directly in dedicated boards. Like in case with Recycle bin, not everyone will have access there, just a few people, and the same thing goes for boards. There is no enough options for reporting private messages, just to keep it active or to deactivate in security and moderation.

So I'm wondering is it possible to change that thing by allowing administrator of the forum to choose in which direction reports will go. In my case I will most probably use Custom report Mod so more people will be able to work on reported posts and not sure how to solve this with reporting private message since I really dislike having only 2 options and getting unnecessary private messages when it can go through new topic in private area and where people can see and decide when they will solve it. Usually if I miss to answer on private message instantly, that thing is past and another side probably won't get an answer. Maybe should be requested a new mod for it?

Arantor

It does need a new mod, and it's complicated to do with PMs in a way it isn't in topics.

Advertisement: