News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crasy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 21, 2008, 10:00:38 PM
Anything is possible if you got the code.  I do have a mod in the pro version of the gallery in the customer forums that I believe adds some recent pictures to a user's profile.

Do you have a demo up I could see?

romeoyankee9

Im more of a follow the directions kinda guy then a coding kinda guy.. lol

Not opposed to learning though.  Id just really like to bring the last 5 photos added to the gallery to the main page of my site outside of the forum. 

Would it be relatively easy to learn to do or am I looking at teaching myself a lot of stuff coming up?

I used to use coppermine photo gallery and was able to do it with that but I like your gallery a lot better then coppermine!

Naveeddil

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 27, 2008, 08:12:49 PM
2. Is an issue with mod_security disable mod_security and it will work.

I have the Same Error as Mentioned http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=114291.msg1557450#msg1557450 with notting and you gave the Above Solution.

Can you please Define it a little more for me that what should i Edit to Fix the Problem?

Thanks

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Naveeddil

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 24, 2008, 12:42:49 AM
More info
http://urbangiraffe.com/2005/08/20/mysterious-406-error/
Dear,
it is the same 406 error and i add the code

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

to my file .htaccess file located at http://www.naveeddil.webcommand.org/SMF/

BUT still the same problem

Please Help

vbgamer45

You will need to contact your host then and ask them to disable that filter for your site.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

TW1ST3D

How can I change the Font color for the gallery. It uses the font color from the rest of my forum which is gray and it is hard for some members to read in the gallery.
Running 2.0 Gold.......SMF Rocks!!

topbuyer

Hi vbgamer45,

SMF: 1.1.5
Theme: Dilber MC
Gallery: SMF Gallery Lite  1.8.3

Problem: MenuBar "Gallery" link is not reflected properly, it is not in sync with other buttons in menu bar.

Attached files
Original File: index.template.php.ORIG.3rdJul08
Modified: index.template.php

Please verify my modification and suggest on gallery link in menu bar problem.

PMed you my test forum url.

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: topbuyer on July 03, 2008, 09:46:46 AM
Hi vbgamer45,

SMF: 1.1.5
Theme: Dilber MC
Gallery: SMF Gallery Lite  1.8.3

Problem: MenuBar "Gallery" link is not reflected properly, it is not in sync with other buttons in menu bar.

Attached files
Original File: index.template.php.ORIG.3rdJul08
Modified: index.template.php

Please verify my modification and suggest on gallery link in menu bar problem.

PMed you my test forum url.

Don't know if you mind, but I did this for you.

Here's your edited file. Just upload it and you'll be fine. ;]

Lady Night Owl

Quote from: TW1ST3D on July 02, 2008, 10:24:09 PM
How can I change the Font color for the gallery. It uses the font color from the rest of my forum which is gray and it is hard for some members to read in the gallery.

Hmm, I changed the background color by going to the style sheet (for a custom theme) and looking for this code:

/* This is used on tables that should just have a border around them. */
.tborder
{
padding: 0px;
border: 1px solid #36c;
background-color: #CCCCFF;
}

That also affects a portion of my forum - see attached (it's the portion that has the tip of the arrow in it).
There's no text in that portion of the gallery though.

This worked well enough for me, but you need to change the font color - maybe for the posts? I think you might find that somewhere in here:

/* Alternating backgrounds for posts, and several other sections of the forum. */
.windowbg
{
color: #000000;
background-color: #ddf;
}
.windowbg2
{
background-color: #eef;
}
.windowbg3
{
background-color: #99CCFF;
}

I think your best bet would be to make a back up copy of your style sheet and experiment with the font or background colors to see which one you need to change (preferably something that goes with your overall theme).

Unfortunately, I don't see anything in the style sheet that specifically controls the gallery - it pulls it all from the style of your forum.

I hope I'm not confusing you .
Running SMF 2.0.1

topbuyer

Thank you soo much ccbtimewiz. It is working fine.

Best Wishes.

[/quote]

Don't know if you mind, but I did this for you.

Here's your edited file. Just upload it and you'll be fine. ;]
[/quote]

TW1ST3D

Exactly............But ,I don't want or need to change the forums colors, Just the text under the pictures in the Gallery. There must be some way to intercept the font.

samames

2.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php     Test failed

above is the problem i get when i try to install the smf gallery 1.8.3
Other themes i have installed are:
1.     SMF Gallery Lite      1.8.3      [ Apply Mod ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    E-Arcade    2.5.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Custom Profile Field Mod    3.19    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Advanced AJAX Shoutbox    1.20    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Auto Embed Video/Audio Clips    3.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

I am wondering how I should go about installing the gallery? should i continue install regardless of error, after making a backup of Modifications.english-utf8.php??

please help, thanks :)
Firefox 3 user. Mac user. Pc user.

ccbtimewiz

Doesn't matter much, unless you are running utf8.

Continue installing it, and if the text disappears, simply take modifications.english.php, download it, rename it to modifications.english-ut8.php and upload.

samames

coolness, will it work if i just backup Modifications.english-utf8.php and then if text where to disappear just reinstall d backup?
Firefox 3 user. Mac user. Pc user.

Lady Night Owl

Quote from: TW1ST3D on July 03, 2008, 05:46:38 PM
Exactly............But ,I don't want or need to change the forums colors, Just the text under the pictures in the Gallery. There must be some way to intercept the font.

I understand - you'll have to wait for someone who is better with code to help.
Running SMF 2.0.1

TW1ST3D

Quote from: ladynightowl on July 03, 2008, 08:21:05 PM
Quote from: TW1ST3D on July 03, 2008, 05:46:38 PM

I understand - you'll have to wait for someone who is better with code to help.

But, Thanks for the Tip.

Johno69

I was reading the boards here the other day and noticed someone was using this gallery and manage to use a htaccess redirect to point domain.com/username to the members gallery..

I can't find the info again, does anyone know this topic, or how to do this?

Thanks.

Akkaneerut

I installed smf gallery already yet! and it work very well, but I would like to know how I can make the previous and next link for photos in same gategories. Please, help me! :)

Johno69

Quote from: Akkaneerut on July 06, 2008, 04:06:42 AM
I would like to know how I can make the previous and next link for photos in same gategories. Please, help me! :)

This feature is standard in the PRO version.

Advertisement: