News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

User Error Message - Unable to post

Started by Maxie2019, February 14, 2023, 07:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Maxie2019

Quote from: Kindred on February 15, 2023, 09:57:06 PMThe patch is uploaded just like a mod

Right but as I am new to this, how would a mod usually be uploaded?

Kindred

Use the package manager... in smf admin
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

So to expand, you download the patch to your computer - no FTP required - then you go to the package manager and use where it says upload to upload the mod from your computer.

Shouldn't generally need FTP for any of this.

Doug Heffernan

Regarding the utf-8 conversion, have a look at this link on how to do it properly/thoroughly.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/UTF-8_Readme

Maxie2019

Cheers everyone, I'll follow the instructions and give it a go, will request a back-up first. I'll no doubt be back!  ;D

Maxie2019

Just successfully uploaded the first patch  :)

Maxie2019

OK, full back-up done and I tried to update to 2.0.16. Sadly it failed during the test install. I coped and pasted the details into an excel file which I have attached. Again ...... any ideas?You cannot view this attachment.

Kindred

Can you paste the text of the errors into a BBC code block?  Those of us on mobile wint download excel files
Слaва
Украинi

Maxie2019

Quote from: Kindred on February 17, 2023, 12:04:38 AMCan you paste the text of the errors into a BBC code block?  Those of us on mobile wint download excel files

Sure, if I knew what that was?

Maxie2019

This is the affected file - it needs to be made writable.
/home/jeremyba/public_html/Sources/ScheduledTasks.php" Where and how do I make it writable?

Maxie2019

Found the file, the only editable part would seem to be the numbers at the end of the column?

You cannot view this attachment.

Kindred

Well, ok....  the file should be chmod 0644
Слaва
Украинi

Maxie2019

Kindred

Change the permissions in your hosting cpanel
Слaва
Украинi

Maxie2019

Quote from: Kindred on February 17, 2023, 06:35:30 PMChange the permissions in your hosting cpanel

I have never done this before, I am completely new to editing anything in the Dbase - so, how do I do that?

Kindred

Check with your host... your cpanel looks different from the ones I know
Слaва
Украинi

Maxie2019

Quote from: Kindred on February 17, 2023, 07:16:15 PMCheck with your host... your cpanel looks different from the ones I know

I have emailed them with the error and file name, hopefully, they can help or give me more information for you guys. Thanks for now, will update when I get a response.

Cheers so far though.

Maxie2019

OK, so permissions were changed by the host and I tried to install the mod again. There are now two errors, please see below;

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Maxie2019 on February 18, 2023, 12:39:12 AMOK, so permissions were changed by the host and I tried to install the mod again. There are now two errors, please see below;

You will have to apply the changes manually to those files.

Advertisement: