[4346]2.0 RC2 Doesn't save post?

Started by waruna, January 31, 2010, 02:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

Joker did you verify your user agent as suggested by Arantor?

[edit] attached mov for those interested, from macbook.

Joker™

Quote from: Illori on April 11, 2011, 08:34:58 AM
Joker did you verify your user agent as suggested by Arantor?
QuoteYour User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Illori

strange, i wonder what is different about your install then mine. do you have any add-ons installed on your firefox? i dont have any other then no script which is enabled for the pages needed, and adblock which would not effect that page as it has no ads. on my macbook i have no addons at all.

Joker™

That was a complete fresh install of

- Windows
- Browser (no add -on)
- Test forum.

Can you install a test windows. you can use VMware, it acts as a virtual PC :P.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Illori

virtualBox, windows server 2008 R2 SP1, same results as what i posted above. I will look around and see if I can find a windows xp cd and test a 32 bit os.

Illori

installed windows xp sp2 in virtualBox, installed firefox 4, did same test as above and text is still in place when using the back button, also post button fails to work.

Illori

VirtualBox + kubuntu 10.10 64 bit + firefox 4.0 with a clean install of smf 2.0 RC5 on apache with php 5 and mysql 5.1.49 and i can duplicate the same issue as above, the text stays after using the back button but the post button fails to work.

NanoSector

You can stop now :P We are certainly sure it doesn't work in Firefox.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Illori

but i have not duplicated the issue joker saw on the other page.

Joker™

Quote from: Illori on April 12, 2011, 03:02:26 PM
but i have not duplicated the issue joker saw on the other page.
We can say that now there is bug left for FF4. Illori on other note, have you tested the post pages with WYSIWYG on or off?

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 12, 2011, 02:43:06 PM
You can stop now :P We are certainly sure it doesn't work in Firefox.
Yoshi this section is specifically made to discuss the bugs left in the script. As you can see that we are trying a hard as possible to narrow down the issue so that developers can have complete details regarding this issue.

It's my humble request to you that let the discussion to take place, instead of asking to stop it again and again.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Illori

whatever is default in the post page is what i used to duplicate the issue. looks like default is not WYSIWYG. which did you use to test?

Joker™

With WYSIWYG turned off (by default it is off).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Illori

you are using a full install of firefox and not a "portable" app?

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Illori

sounds strange, but you did download firefox from the mozilla website? just wondering if there is some rogue code in your version somehow.

Joker™

Quote from: Illori on April 12, 2011, 04:26:22 PM
sounds strange, but you did download firefox from the mozilla website? just wondering if there is some rogue code in your version somehow.
Yeah downloaded FF4 from FF site only. I am amazed that no one else has replied with any feedback yet.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Illori

i guess the others dont care about getting to the root of this issue.

you duplicated your issue on win 7 64 bit and 32 bit?

i tested on win 7 SP1 64 bit, win xp pro SP2 32 bit, win 2k8 R2 SP1 64 bit, OS X 10.5 64 bit, Kubuntu 10.10 64 bit. strange that out of all those tests i cant make your version happen.

Joker™

I may be having a XP SP3 copy laying somewhere around. I'll surely gonna make a test on it tomorrow morning (it's 2am already :P).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Illori

ok i will wait till tomorrow for a reply, maybe in the mean time someone else can test this and post their results.

NanoSector

You dont have to test it on every OS available, Firefox will remain the same.

I have a XP SP3 VM lying around, if youd like me to test today.

Edit: WAP2 pretty sucks, always jumps one page back from the total...
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: