News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Forum dont send emails anymore

Started by Portugal, July 31, 2017, 06:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portugal

Hi friends,

I have a big and seriuos problem, my forum dont send any kind of emails. New registrations, password recover, nothing at all, i was try to see on definitions if anything was wrong, but i think its all ok, it must be a db problem?
I need yours oppinion, any possibile help for this?

Thanks in advance
Portugal

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Which type of email setup have you set in the admin section, PHP or SMTP, I've always had the best performance from the PHP method, because you don't need to set username and password settings... but if you already have that set, do you have the port number set to 25? If you do indeed have that set to 25 and it still won't send, try editing your DNS zone record entry for mail.yoursite.com in the cpanel backend tools on your host company website... change it from a CNAME type record to an A type record... if it is not already set that way... wait a good while for results because changing dns records has to filter down through all DNS servers on the internet, takes time
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Portugal

Thanks Steve and Bob, i will go to work this night hard on this. I apreciate yours sugestions!

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement: