News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoran_dj

Im sorry i dont know, maybe explain how to check this  ???

scorpion1082

New Chronicle: A Beautiful Face, Part I

<p>They say one's eyes are the window to your soul, but what of the face? What do the lines, the smiles, the furrowed brow tell people? Would you change your face if you could, and if you did, what would your face say then?</p>
<p>"<a href="http://www.eveonline.com/background/potw/default.asp?cid=02-11-09">A Beautiful Face, Part I</a>" is a new EVE Chronicle written by CCP Abraxas. Published every other Monday, Chronicles are intended to examine the various aspects of life in New Eden. The entire list is contained <a title="http://www.eve-online.com/background/potw/archive.asp" href="http://www.eve-online.com/background/potw/archive.asp">here</a>, and a comment thread for this particular story may be found <a href="http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&amp;threadID=1207963">here</a>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=3526&tid=1

this is a feed that got posted.  it seems to post, but doesnt understand html at all.  i have html enabled on and basic html clicked on the forums.  i dont understand?

Nathan Whedon      Reverse chronological order of list  Today at 06:19:58 pm
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 70.173.101.21      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 7e641b9a81586bdb799f393059934938
     Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://www.bluesunalliance.com/index.php?action=feedsadmin;sa=addfeed2
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined offset: 28
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: C:/Clients/bluesunalliance/Sources/Subs-RSS2.php
Line: 142

also getting this error.

edit 1: ok.  the feed no longer posts...

Nathan Whedon      Reverse chronological order of list  Today at 06:45:31 pm
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 70.173.101.21      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 7e641b9a81586bdb799f393059934938
     Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://www.bluesunalliance.com/index.php?action=feedsadmin;sa=editfeed2
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined offset: 24
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: C:/Clients/bluesunalliance/Sources/Subs-RSS2.php
Line: 142

add getting this error.  same stuff, over and over whenever its trying to post.

SocksHeaven

Table 'hq_4430***_57***.smf_feedbot' doesn't exist
File: /home/vol1/hostwq.net/hq_4430238/htdocs/Sources/Subs-RSS.php
Line: 163
i have installed manually RS Feed Poster 2.0.1 when i tried to open myforum/cronrss.php
this shows me this error also when ever i have tried to install MODs in my SMF version 1.1.10 i got this error screenshot is attached. Please Help.

SocksHeaven

i have tried to solve it it show my database version is 1.1.9 and i m using 1.1.10 so i did upgrade now its given me this error

QuoteTable 'hq_443****_57***.smf_feedbot' doesn't exist
File: /home/vol1/hostwq.net/hq_443****/htdocs/Sources/FeedPoster.php
Line: 55

SocksHeaven

i got this error on /cronrss.php
QuoteTable 'hq_4430238_57690.smf_feedbot' doesn't exist
File: /home/vol1/hostwq.net/hq_4430238/htdocs/Sources/Subs-RSS.php
Line: 163
and this when i click in admin panel Feed Poster Config
QuoteTable 'hq_4430238_57690.smf_feedbot' doesn't exist
File: /home/vol1/hostwq.net/hq_4430238/htdocs/Sources/FeedPoster.php
Line: 55

SocksHeaven

This is my version detail
QuoteDetailed Version Check
This shows you the versions of your installation's files versus those of the latest version. If any of these files are out of date, you should download and upgrade to the latest version at www.simplemachines.org.
SMF File   Your Version   Current Version
SMF Package   SMF 1.1.10   SMF 1.1.10
Sources   1.1.9   1.1.9
Default Templates   1.1.9   1.1.9
Language Files   1.1.9   1.1.9
Current Templates   1.1   1.1

scorpion1082

here's what ive found to fix my html issues.  TURN OFF HTML ENABLED.  apparently, with that turned on, it assumes the place its posting will have total understanding of both basic and advanced html.  also, this doesnt seem to post at all by itself.  the only way ive gotten it to post is by using fake cron job and then loading the cron job url page whenever i want them to update.  is this just a major flaw in the mod itself?  does it just not work correctly without the cron job thing on?

vbgamer45

Should work fine if you the cron job in the proper format.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

eng_HK

@vbgamer45..
sorry to trouble you, could you please take a look to this?
Thx

I think this mod is greate. I can provide to my members, news from newspaper and so on.
Unfortunatly I have some prblms.

1)It doesn't work automatically "load" of rss, the only way I have is to run manually the cronrss.php and is not so easy because I'm not always in front of the pc.

2) What means the feed download method?
2.1 All ?
2.2 All ? what is the difference beetwen the 2 all?
2.3 fopen
2.4 fsockopen
2.5 curl

3) and again the cron join means that if I flag it aoutomatically the system run the script for insert post every time a user make a refresh?

4) In the log of the forum I receive a lot of error to this part of script..Subs-Rss.php line 143

function startElement2($parser, $name, $attrs)
{
   global $depth;
   $depth[$parser]++;
}

5) And last I have as the other the prblm on the mark as reed that doesn't work.

6) Suggestion --> features improvement: Could be greate, if it's possible have a menu that enable to delete all post from the specified user used to post after certain time, so you can take clean the "sub-board".

I think that as I told this is a greate script and that a lot of people could use and, support the author or somebody that want to deploy this..

Thx for your support
Eng

scorpion1082

correct cron job format?  so basically, it doesnt work without the cron job?  i have gotten it to work fine with cron job so far.  of course, i have to have the cron job url in a seperate tab, set to reload every X mins, where X mins = number of minutes between each feed pull.  but i doubt u had that in mind when creating this mod.  so many people post about this mod having issues and not working properly.  so does this actually not work without cron job?

SocksHeaven

Please help me To Solve My Prob :( ... i have told u above but no replies :(

vbgamer45

Quote from: SocksHeaven on November 06, 2009, 11:03:07 AM
Please help me To Solve My Prob :( ... i have told u above but no replies :(
You need to install the database tables since you did it manualy you have to copy the install file to the root of your forum to create them.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

llawnroc

Hi

I know this mod is no longer supported, however I think it's great and have installed it on my new forum. However I'm having a problem with the feeds, it appears when they are posted, ALL the html code is still showing.

I have allow basic html turned on and also enable html within the mod. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can go fix it! I'm testing this with a feed from MajorNelson (XBox).

To the author of the mod, great work it's a wicked edition to the community!

yared

Intresting this post above me about 'not being supported' anymore as it just got updated hence the reason why I am posting ;)

VBGamer45 this new update, what are the changes?

I installed it, clicked on the 'installed files', but it just went back to the packages page.
Also I don't see the RSS image on the board appearing.
The same happened with the previous version which is btw also v1.1 :)

Also uninstal does not work, nor removal of the mod other then trough FTP.

SMF 1.1.10
As Theme
TinyPortal 1.04b (sorry about that, love EZportal but I'm not alone in the decissions :))
WWW.V3SPA.COM - EVE Community van, voor, door en met leden

vbgamer45

Quote from: yared on November 09, 2009, 05:35:35 AM
Intresting this post above me about 'not being supported' anymore as it just got updated hence the reason why I am posting ;)

VBGamer45 this new update, what are the changes?

I installed it, clicked on the 'installed files', but it just went back to the packages page.
Also I don't see the RSS image on the board appearing.
The same happened with the previous version which is btw also v1.1 :)

Also uninstal does not work, nor removal of the mod other then trough FTP.

SMF 1.1.10
As Theme
TinyPortal 1.04b (sorry about that, love EZportal but I'm not alone in the decissions :))

That would be the RSS feed image mod different than the poster only appears on the default theme.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

the_shadow

what i'ad to do to add a cron... i know that is moove cronrss.php to somewhere but i don't know where

vbgamer45

A cron is done though your website control panel.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

the_shadow

i know... but can you tell me how i add a cron job?

vbgamer45

Do a search on google. I do not know how to add one via a control panel.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: