News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Yeah it is broke going to be removed. When I first added it I thought the createpost option would make it marked as read for all but it turns it is only for the topic creator so in this case the user who the feed is being under.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 02, 2010, 10:44:06 PM
Yeah it is broke going to be removed. When I first added it I thought the createpost option would make it marked as read for all but it turns it is only for the topic creator so in this case the user who the feed is being under.
I wouldnt say remove it just yet because the option itself makes sense for those that like to check for unread posts but want to ignore RSS posts. If it can be made to work I would personally like to see it stay.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

vbgamer45

Requires way too many queries to make it work so I don't see it happening. Basically you would need insert a record in the viewed logs for each member and for large forums that would be crazy.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 02, 2010, 10:47:57 PM
Requires way too many queries to make it work so I don't see it happening. Basically you would need insert a record in the viewed logs for each member and for large forums that would be crazy.
Still, was a nice idea though...
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Shannar

Is it possible add option to post all feed items into a single topic (instead of seperate topics)?
Sorry for terrible English. My native language is C++ Russian.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

endomorph

My idea is to not show posts from the category that I put all the feeds in on the unread page.

Anyone have any ideas where the SQL is for the unread topics page ?

TheMortician4

Quote from: buhaychat.com on January 15, 2007, 02:27:13 PM
Installed fine, but I keep getting .. "Unable to download the feed. "

Does that mean the php sockets isn't enabled on my host?

It means that you have to check with your ISP/hosting service and have them open the sockets for you. If they won't then transfer to a IPS/hosting service that opens them by default for you.

TheMortician4

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 20, 2010, 06:01:44 PM
That board would be impossible since you can't view it as a guest.

Okay, now I have corrected the guest viewing isue....

Lets say I want to feed this board to say Facebook.

The Board url is: http://www.bbiclan.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

How do I get feedburner to feed that to: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Bags-Included-Clan-Fan-Page/149224221787491?v=wall

smcmullan

Great mod.

One issue - getting the following error:

"XML error: SYSTEM or PUBLIC, the URI is missing at line 1"

W3C feed validation service checks out ok : h__p:hxxp:validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eurotekpodcasts.com%2FEurotekpodcasts%2FPodcast%2Frss.xml [nonactive]

vbgamer45

What feed fetch method are you using ALL? Curl, fsockopen, fopen

I saw a similar report at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/project.php?issueid=20509  which seems like it is a curl issue that I need to add a user agent have to duplicate check the feed code.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

smcmullan

I have the feed download method set to All

Thanks in advance for any help

The Domain Shop

at the moment feed posts urls like this

http://www.xxxxxxxxx.org/movies/1591728-terminator-3-rise-machines-2003-720p-bluray-dts-x264-esir.html

and image links like

Image: http://images.xxxxxxx.com/movies/covers/5682_front.jpg

Would it be possible to get them to embed like so

click here

and rap image links with img tags

if not i think it would be a good idea for the next version (if there is one planned).

Red G. Brown

This mod is WAY too buggy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I could post manually using much less time than I've spent trying to work around the issues this mod experiences. It needs more testing to make sure it always works. It was a good idea though.

Anybody know of a forum posting bot that doesn't require modification of the forum? That would be much better. It could just login the old fashioned way and make its post.

Robert.

The idea of the mod is great, but i installed it two times and after two months still nothing was posted. :( I used many RSS urls. :(

arvixe

Would you consider adding an option to have the bot update the news instead of a board?

vbgamer45

Quote from: arvixe on November 20, 2010, 03:07:21 AM
Would you consider adding an option to have the bot update the news instead of a board?
No

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SheCanPlay.org

Everything installed fine with no errors. Then I set up a new feed. I just dont see the feed anywhere?
Is there a step that I am missing?

Red G. Brown

Quote from: SheCanPlay.org on November 22, 2010, 02:10:52 PM
Everything installed fine with no errors. Then I set up a new feed. I just dont see the feed anywhere?

This mod has numerous issues. It is unlikely to work for you if it doesn't work from the beginning.

The Domain Shop

Quote from: qwasty on November 22, 2010, 06:06:10 PM
Quote from: SheCanPlay.org on November 22, 2010, 02:10:52 PM

This mod has numerous issues. It is unlikely to work for you if it doesn't work from the beginning.

Well it works fine for me, so you must be doing something wrong...

Advertisement: