RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red G. Brown

Since SMF if perfectly capable of being posted to without the need for modifying its code, I think this mod is the wrong approach. What we need is a bot that can login to the forum as a regular user, with the usual permissions, without any risk of unexpected or non-functioning behavior.

SheCanPlay.org

Yep!  Working fine now. I just had to wait for it to grab some feeds.

endomorph

vbgamer45,

I assume that posts by this mod do not increase the forum stats for topics / posts ?

vbgamer45

I think they would increase stats since it is a post.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

» мιsтєя мιsғιт «

Quote from: endomorph on November 26, 2010, 03:28:58 AM
vbgamer45,

I assume that posts by this mod do not increase the forum stats for topics / posts ?

They do.

endomorph

Even in forum history ? Not on mine.

Have a look at

http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?action=stats (shows 3 new topics today)

Now look the posts that have been started today (By Newshound) -

http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?action=unread;all;start=0

And yes the forum settings are set to increase post count and I have run maintenance to re-count too.

Any ideas ?

endomorph

OK found the problem. The mod does not seem to update smf_log_activity. So it does update the member stats, not the forum stats.

Any chance of getting some code to fix this ?

NanoSector

I'm having trouble...

If I want to change the number of minutes and save, it doesn't save that number.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

vbgamer45

What number are you entering and what SMF version?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

NanoSector

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 27, 2010, 11:19:13 AM
What number are you entering and what SMF version?
I am entering the number ´5´ and my SMF version is 2.0 RC4.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

vbgamer45

I see what I did I have code in there if anything less than every 30 minutes it defaults to 30 minutes.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

NanoSector

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 27, 2010, 11:56:53 AM
I see what I did I have code in there if anything less than every 30 minutes it defaults to 30 minutes.
...tip for the next version: add it as extra information under the option.

vbgamer45

Yeah surprised I had it that high I thought did around 15 minutes or so mainly sanity checks so someone doesn't put on their board every minute.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

endomorph

Quote from: endomorph on November 27, 2010, 02:48:08 AM
OK found the problem. The mod does not seem to update smf_log_activity. So it does update the member stats, not the forum stats.

Any chance of getting some code to fix this ?

Any idea on this ?

vbgamer45

Haven't looked at it. I am surprised though that the createpost function doesn't take care of that.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

endomorph

In theory it should. I have looked through the code and just after inserting the post it runs the update -

if ($new_topic)
{
$smcFunc['db_insert']('',
'{db_prefix}topics',
array(
'id_board' => 'int', 'id_member_started' => 'int', 'id_member_updated' => 'int', 'id_first_msg' => 'int',
'id_last_msg' => 'int', 'locked' => 'int', 'is_sticky' => 'int', 'num_views' => 'int',
'id_poll' => 'int', 'unapproved_posts' => 'int', 'approved' => 'int',
),
array(
$topicOptions['board'], $posterOptions['id'], $posterOptions['id'], $msgOptions['id'],
$msgOptions['id'], $topicOptions['lock_mode'] === null ? 0 : $topicOptions['lock_mode'], $topicOptions['sticky_mode'] === null ? 0 : $topicOptions['sticky_mode'], 0,
$topicOptions['poll'] === null ? 0 : $topicOptions['poll'], $msgOptions['approved'] ? 0 : 1, $msgOptions['approved'],
),
array('id_topic')
);
$topicOptions['id'] = $smcFunc['db_insert_id']('{db_prefix}topics', 'id_topic');

// The topic couldn't be created for some reason.
if (empty($topicOptions['id']))
{
// We should delete the post that did work, though...
$smcFunc['db_query']('', '
DELETE FROM {db_prefix}messages
WHERE id_msg = {int:id_msg}',
array(
'id_msg' => $msgOptions['id'],
)
);

return false;
}

// Fix the message with the topic.
$smcFunc['db_query']('', '
UPDATE {db_prefix}messages
SET id_topic = {int:id_topic}
WHERE id_msg = {int:id_msg}',
array(
'id_topic' => $topicOptions['id'],
'id_msg' => $msgOptions['id'],
)
);

// There's been a new topic AND a new post today.
trackStats(array('topics' => '+', 'posts' => '+'));

updateStats('topic', true);
updateStats('subject', $topicOptions['id'], $msgOptions['subject']);

But my php is not good enough to see if everything is correct. and in the right order

vbgamer45

Doublechecked as well it should since the createpost function does call all the track stats code.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

endomorph

Can anyone else confirm if posts by this mod increases the stats in their forum history (Stats > Scroll to bottom of the page)

I am surprised that the forum maintenance re-count does not re-calculate this table too

endomorph

vbgamer45

By me no busy with other projects.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: