News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

go-

As a few others have stated before, I'd really appreciate it if you could set the feed poster to post one feed into one topic. My board has few traffic and so all new topic summaries are now full of my rss bot. Normal user posts totally go unnoticed like this.
There is, in fact, the RSS Feeder Mod out there, which supposedly does exactly what I am wishing for. Unfortunately, the mod is outdated and doesn't work for 2.0.2.

soo...
May we hope for the RSS Feed "Poster" to actually post posts instead of topics in near future?  :D 

vbgamer45

Quote from: go- on February 19, 2012, 12:25:07 PM
As a few others have stated before, I'd really appreciate it if you could set the feed poster to post one feed into one topic. My board has few traffic and so all new topic summaries are now full of my rss bot. Normal user posts totally go unnoticed like this.
There is, in fact, the RSS Feeder Mod out there, which supposedly does exactly what I am wishing for. Unfortunately, the mod is outdated and doesn't work for 2.0.2.

soo...
May we hope for the RSS Feed "Poster" to actually post posts instead of topics in near future?  :D 
Possibly if someone donates for it I could work. My main problem is I have many different projects that I work on all the time which leaves little room to work on additions and I try to focus on bug fixes.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Biology Forums

Quote from: go- on February 19, 2012, 12:25:07 PM

soo...

Even though it says it's not compatible for 2.0.2, it still can work, just change the package file for that it includes your version. It's very simple.

thecoo1est

is it possible to keep the size of the picture posted from a rss feed to be a set size. I have my forum set to only post 600px width pictures, but the rss feed will have much bigger pics posted sometimes, ones that distort the width of the site. Anyway to modify a setting or anything?

luuuciano

No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

emanuele

Don't know if already mentioned, but in the version for SMF 1.1 I think I found a couple of errors:

In Subs-RSS.php, find:
$row['count_posts'] = $row2['count_posts'];
replace with:
$row['count_posts'] = $row2['countPosts'];

Same file find:
mysql_freeresult($request);
replace with:
mysql_free_result($request);

HTH

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Biology Forums

Quote from: emanuele on February 22, 2012, 05:06:37 AM
Don't know if already mentioned, but in the version for SMF 1.1 I think I found a couple of errors:

In Subs-RSS.php, find:
$row['count_posts'] = $row2['count_posts'];
replace with:
$row['count_posts'] = $row2['countPosts'];

Same file find:
mysql_freeresult($request);
replace with:
mysql_free_result($request);

HTH

Would do these changes do?

emanuele

Sorry Liam_michael if I edited your post, there was a mistake in my previous post and I wanted to remove possible sources of confusion... ;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

vbgamer45

Update
!Fixed countposts for SMF 1.1.x thanks to emanuele
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Biology Forums

Quote from: emanuele on February 22, 2012, 06:49:52 PM
Sorry Liam_michael if I edited your post, there was a mistake in my previous post and I wanted to remove possible sources of confusion... ;)

It's okay.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 22, 2012, 08:18:57 PM
Update
!Fixed countposts for SMF 1.1.x thanks to emanuele

vbgamer45, did you only change what emanuele showed in his post? I did it manually.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

24hrs

Hey buddies... I am almost frustrated with this mod. I am planning to start new forum.
And want to have rss feed from this link.

hxxp://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/rssfeeds/2429064.cms

But it posts something like.

?   ?     ??

?    ??   ??   ?     ??       ?   ??   ?    ?. ??   ??     ?    ?   ??  ?  .

Source:    ?   ?     ??

Someone please please help me.

Biology Forums

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 23, 2012, 10:52:22 PM
Yes that was only change made.

I do want to note that by making those changes, the user in which you've chosen to post these feeds increases their overall post count even though you specifically stated that posts in that board are not to count in the user's overall statistics.

I've reverted back to what it was originally.

CableTool

I think this mod is awesome. Works great, does what is expected.

One unintended outcome however is after I set it up I found out a lot of my users use the "New Posts" function of the board. So now when the visit and click for new posts they see all these NEWS FEEDS that I have set to drop into one NEWS forum.

Anyone know anyway around this?

luuuciano

Those are not news?
Do not post to much trash?
Why you post things no one wants to read and just complain about it?
Maybe they must get used to it?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

CableTool

Settle down tiger, I wasnt looking for a criticism.

Its an industry forum and they agree they like to see the latest news in the top forum but when they first log in and go to latest posts it might have 6 or so news items and they would rather see the latest member posts first.

Maybe I can mess with the latest post code to get it to exclude that category...

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

loplo

Great mod, that's true!
One question tho`, is there a way to download the whole content of the article/blog post? We're running a blog too, and don't want to copy/paste each blogpost manually.
Thanks in advance.

Nevermind, it was blog related.

CableTool

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on February 26, 2012, 05:16:57 AM
Can't you ignore that board or something? ???

Yeah, one of my users put the "News Bot" on Ignore and said that was working. But he also cant go up and read the news if he wanted then. Great suggestion though. Thanks.

NanoSector

Quote from: CableTool on February 26, 2012, 07:11:58 AM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on February 26, 2012, 05:16:57 AM
Can't you ignore that board or something? ???

Yeah, one of my users put the "News Bot" on Ignore and said that was working. But he also cant go up and read the news if he wanted then. Great suggestion though. Thanks.
I mean, ignore that board in your "Don't-show-in-unread-posts" list. It's a feature that can be enabled somewhere, search for "Ignore board" in the Admin panel.
That still allows you to read the news, yet it doesn't show up in the unread posts list.
Although if you reply to it, it will get added to your unread replies list. So don't reply to it if you wanna keep it out of there ;)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: