SMF Media Gallery (SMG) - 2.0.5 is out! (December 2)

Started by SMGTeam, September 09, 2008, 03:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaru

somebody can help me.
when I change the max thumb size no changes are made when showing them.
I checked in the DB and the value is getting changed correctly but while displaying the gallery, the thumbs are the same size, no changes on them.
I think some css were changed while modding the site, any ideas how to correct this?

Nevermind, I just needed to regenarate the thumbs, thank you

SOLVED

teh_Krall

Quote from: zorro18 on May 29, 2009, 04:38:38 PM
Hi,

I have installed SMG 1.5.6 on SMF 2.0 RC 1-1. Everything went on well. But when I try to upload a pic into the gallery, i can see this following parse error message.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home7/andhraco/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Graphics.php on line 227
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=verificationcode;vid=post;rand=a9f5ef9c83e4944415aa8367bdd3f628;sound
I have attached the subs_graphics.php. If you can please look into this, it will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

P.S: my site url is www.andhraconnect.com

Did you figure out the problem?

I get the same error when trying to attach a picture larger then 5KB in a forum post. PHP says the site can accept up to 8MB attachments, but they aren't running version 5 of PHP yet.

I'm running the latest SMG version and SMF 2.0 RC1

EDIT: I fixed it with Trekkie101's replacement sub-graphics.php file http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=311987.0

Harvester

SMF Support desk says it is not an SMF issue but an SMG issue.

QuoteApparently it's a SMG issue,so you should better ask it there again (in mod's support topic)

I did remove the quote and it works fine now, but this issue should be corrected because people should be able to use quotes in the threads subject line and still be able to use SMG BBC Code.

Nao 尚

Let me guess... You're using an outdated version of SMG plus an outdated version of SMF.
Don't expect us to update them for you...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

lampidona

Hello!! I have a problem with SGM and I don't know why because everything has gone perfect with the installation etc and I have the newest smf version 1.1.9. My problem is that only me (administrator) can see the gallery in the forum. Noone else can. Not even at their profiles. I gave all the rights but nothing happened. I use another theme but I changed to the default theme and it was the same.
It seems that it works only for the admins. What I did wrong?  :(.

ArkServer

Quote from: lampidona on June 08, 2009, 04:00:34 PM
Hello!! I have a problem with SGM and I don't know why because everything has gone perfect with the installation etc and I have the newest smf version 1.1.9. My problem is that only me (administrator) can see the gallery in the forum. Noone else can. Not even at their profiles. I gave all the rights but nothing happened. I use another theme but I changed to the default theme and it was the same.

besides setting up permissions did you granted all membergroups to access the album?

PRaDiUS

Quote from: Nao 尚 on June 07, 2009, 07:09:50 AM
      if (!empty($album['id_member']) && $album['id_member'] != $current_owner)

Holy crap bro you are god! Worked like a charm. Thank ya so very much!

[ RGXbox.com ]

lampidona

Quote from: ArkServer on June 08, 2009, 04:24:33 PM
Quote from: lampidona on June 08, 2009, 04:00:34 PM

besides setting up permissions did you granted all membergroups to access the album?

Ooooopsss!!!  :-[ :-[... How silly someone can be if he is tired?.... I searced everything (even the .php files) except the ...obvious! Of course this was the problem  :P... Thank you very much!  :D :D

MUSTAfaINE

can anyone send me the database of albums, i ll add the albums at database, please send me one..

TommyJoe

Multiple forums, one gallery database?
Is there a simple way to do this? I already have albums on tow different forums
and would like to duplicate them on each board. Without adding another directory
to take up megs of room for the second.

Suggestions?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MissyNL

oke... maybe stupid question... but where do i enable FFMPEG ? Because it says FFMPEG was found on this server, its features will be used for video files. If enabled, it will be used to create thumbnails and show extra info.

Also when i click Regenerate video thumbnails  in maintenance tab... it "says" it generates thumbnails for all the uploaded items...
but afther it's done.. i do not see thumbnails for the embedded video's..

what can i do?

Is there also a way where i can disable showing the subalbums on the indexpage in the gallery?
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

Dragooon

FFMPEG is automatically used, you don't need to enable it. What sites are the embedded videos from?

[email protected]

Quote from: [email protected] on June 07, 2009, 12:18:11 PM
Quote from: [email protected] on June 04, 2009, 07:28:56 PM
Hi Everybody,

I have some problems with the MediaGallery. Actually you might figure out really quick, that it is actually a problem with the databank, but it only occurs in context with the gallery.
Ok, I have the following situation:

I do owe some webspace and an url, I am allowd to have 2 mysql databanks and I'm running a forum with the Media Gallery. It works just fine. (I just switched recently from SMF Gallery to the SMF Media Gallery).

Now I installed a second forum in a subfolder. I opened the second databank, set everything up and everything works. Next I install the media gallery without any trouble. I open up a new album, pick a picture to upload and when I click upload, I get an empty page. The picture is on the server ( my ftp client displays it all right) but not in the album. The same if I pick the multiple file upload. I can pick the files, click upload and after the first image, the scripts gets stucked somehow. the first picture is again on the server, but no in the gallery. If I remove this image, and click upload again, the next one is uploaded, but again it gets stucked.

It seems like there is some problem with puting them into the database, but everything else works... There are entries in the database, even the album is display properly. And with the exact same settings the other forum works fine. I have reinstalled the forum and mod about 20 times, tried my old version and updated it to 1.1.9, but nothing will work.
If I install the SMF Gallery, I do have the same problems. Any ideas? Are there principle problems with to galleries at the same hoster?

Thanks for any help in advance

Jocheh

Hi,

nobody replied so far. Probably I can get more help if I give more input.

I already figured out, that it works if the files I upload are smaller than 612 kb. But my image limit is way above. There is also no error message, the page just stays blank... So this makes an problem with the databank more unlikely.

Does this gives any of you a clou???

If the url and an account would help, please let me know.

Please help me

Jochen

EDIT: it does not just depend on the size. some files just work, some wont. I cannot be the filename, because if I resize it to 20% it works, to 30% it wont. but still it won't exceed any max values...

Ok, it works now and it seems like there is a little bug around.

The problem was that I had a subdomain linked to my new forum.

My original forum is at www.myforum.de [nofollow] and the domain is linking to my servers "/".  The new forum had an url like subdomain.myforum.de [nofollow] and this was linking to "/folder_new_forum" . In SMF I set my Forum URL to subdomain.myforum.de [nofollow] and the SMF Folder to /srv/www/htdocs/username/html/folder_new_forum .

The entire forum worked fine, just the upload of files to the Gallery was not working (at some step blank screen, the file was on the server with a different name but with full size).
I can't say why, I didn't checked the php-source, but the gallery works only without this subdomain thing. You can only use subfolders -> set Forum URL to www.myforum.de/folder_new_forum [nofollow] .

Probably you guys can figure out what is going on there and fix the bug. I just set the url to www.myforum.de/folder_new_forum [nofollow] and thats fine.

Thanks for the reading and help so far

Jochen

PS: If you need any further information about the problem, please let me know, I will provide it as accurate as I can.

MissyNL

Quote from: Dragooon on June 10, 2009, 09:28:48 AM
FFMPEG is automatically used, you don't need to enable it. What sites are the embedded videos from?

well.. from photobucket, vidiac, even youtube...

cthulhumythos

Hey, great mod, thank you! Installed on smf 2.0 rc1. mod_security enabled on server. attempted htaccess workaround but get server error as the later mod security has disabled the htaccess workaround, so that is not really viable anymore as a solution. I went through all files and did a replace on ;id with &id, but then going into the gallery would still not display files, some kind of loop causing endless loading. The same code works locally in wamp so does mod_security also affect some other part of the process?

I searched this thread like mad... Thanks for any thoughts.

MissyNL

Feature request : :)  I would like to have the option that when a member submits a photo / video that when i see the list in the admin, that i can see in what map the member has uploaded the photo / video. Sometimes i have a list of 50 photo's and now i have to click them one by one to see in what album the photo has been uploaded to ...

PRaDiUS

Feature Request(s) for SMG 2.0:
---------------------------------------------

*Add an "SMG" button to the forum message editor to better integrate SMG with SMF. Button could input something like [smg][/smg] then just put the gallery items number inbetween. Right now the two just feel kinda like separate entities when they should be working together.

*Add option to make user albums public. I think users would more enjoy their albums if other users could also add to them. This would also cut down on the number of user albums being made about the same subjects, containing the same material. If users see that another user has already made a folder for "Action Movies" or "Halo 3" then they could just add what they would like to share into the album another user has already created rather than making another seperate album about the same thing.

*Add categories to user albums. After a while there are so many user albums that it just kinda sucks to navigate through them all. Admins could create categories and users could choose which category they wanted their album listed in. I think this would improve the navigation of SMG by 110%.

[ RGXbox.com ]

nopity4u

The Mass Upload function seems to stall and not upload any images. Any idea what this may be because of?

nopity4u

No one around to comment? This is particularly strange. I have no idea what's going on. I'd PM Dragooon, but as most mod authors, they explicitly ignore PM's for support.

EDIT: Okay, it's working now... Why is it that I have to set my domain name back to my original account URL which is not that of my domain name?

Apparently, if you install SMF before you're able to give it your proper domain name, it's going to go screwy with this gallery. if I set my server settings to
host884.gatorhost.com/~mypage/ all is working.

If I set it to the domain name which points to the site, the gallery ceases to accept mass uploads, but other parts of the gallery work fine.

Advertisement: