SMF Media Gallery (SMG) - 2.0.5 is out! (December 2)

Started by SMGTeam, September 09, 2008, 03:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUSTAfaINE

Quote from: TommyJoe on June 09, 2009, 01:22:16 PM
Multiple forums, one gallery database?
Is there a simple way to do this? I already have albums on tow different forums
and would like to duplicate them on each board. Without adding another directory
to take up megs of room for the second.

Suggestions?

yes i think if i learn the how i ll write the albums database i can do my albums please anyone send us a album database file

Dragooon

Quote from: MUSTAfaINE on June 12, 2009, 07:31:37 AM
yes i think if i learn the how i ll write the albums database i can do my albums please anyone send us a album database file
Album database file? What do you mean by that? You can add albums from the GUI in ACP.

nopity4u

Sorry to reply again, but I thought I'd share the issue I have and the resolution that I found.

If you're noticing that you're having problems uploading files (Especially via mass upload) You'll need to check a few things.

The first thing is, if you installed your forum -before- your dns propagated and therefore your SMF install defaults to your default URL..

Something like blah123.myhostingcompany.com/~myname

What you'll need to do is open up (After DNS is properly resolving) Settings.php in your public_html root and change the forum path to your new domain "http://www.whateveritis.com"

Also, you'll need to go into your themes and layouts and reset all themes so that they're now pointing correctly to the new domain. Apparently, this DOES affect Gallery in some way, shape or form. I've been battling with it all morning and this fixed it.

Robin1989

hey i just installed SMG and i have come across an issue

in the various tabs like the settings etc it doesnt show a link to each settings page but a broken image

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

but the image file it seems to be trying to link to is http://www.acidmods.com/forum/Themes/AcidMods/images/   where there is no image file?

Any help would be welcomed

Kindred

nopity...

Well, that would be something that you should have done anyway...   in order to work properly, SMF itself needs to be configured properly....   and if, for some reason, you have told SMF one thing and then gone and changed things around, it is no wonder that various bits were not working properly.

in other words, if you have your forum set up correctly, additions like the Gallery here will work properly. If it is not set up properly, then you can not claim that there is a bug in either smf or the gallery, since it was the misconfiguration that was causing the issue.

Robin,

As with any mod on 1.1.x, you will have to manually install portions into your alternate themes.  This includes image files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Robin1989

im on 2.0 RC1-1 and when installing SMG there was no option to install parts in other themes like there is with other mods i have used.
the reason i say it was an issue is because on another forum i run i have it installed and it works fine on themes and it isnt images there its a hyperlinked text

cthulhumythos

after switching to all &id from ;id to get this plugin working on a mod_security 2+ enabled server and discovering that wasnt enough i modified the whole template and database/filehandling structure and have it happily working on a mod_s2 environment. Thanks for a great mod, i really dig it!

On the ms thing: I dont really feel that disabling mod_security for one mod is right. I can look at my mod security logs in whm and see daily hack/bot/spam attempts thwarted by it. If the whole forum can run inside mod_security shouldnt the plugins too?

nopity4u

Quote from: Kindred on June 12, 2009, 08:55:56 AM
nopity...

Well, that would be something that you should have done anyway...   in order to work properly, SMF itself needs to be configured properly....   and if, for some reason, you have told SMF one thing and then gone and changed things around, it is no wonder that various bits were not working properly.

in other words, if you have your forum set up correctly, additions like the Gallery here will work properly. If it is not set up properly, then you can not claim that there is a bug in either smf or the gallery, since it was the misconfiguration that was causing the issue.

Robin,

As with any mod on 1.1.x, you will have to manually install portions into your alternate themes.  This includes image files.

While I agree with what you're saying fully, I never claimed there was a bug, I was just curious why it was not working. SMF and every other mod (Upwards of 15 or so) worked flawlessly, I had actually had the domain pointed correctly shortly after it propagated. Where the problem seemed to have been at, was with the actual theme settings needing to be reset for the new URL, which is a bit out of the way and certainly not noticeable to those who would assume that setting the site directory to your domain name would accomplish this.

Nao 尚

Quote from: cthulhumythos on June 12, 2009, 11:36:14 AM
after switching to all &id from ;id to get this plugin working on a mod_security 2+ enabled server and discovering that wasnt enough i modified the whole template and database/filehandling structure and have it happily working on a mod_s2 environment. Thanks for a great mod, i really dig it!

On the ms thing: I dont really feel that disabling mod_security for one mod is right. I can look at my mod security logs in whm and see daily hack/bot/spam attempts thwarted by it. If the whole forum can run inside mod_security shouldnt the plugins too?
What needs to be done to make it compatible?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

MUSTAfaINE

Quote from: Dragooon on June 12, 2009, 07:36:45 AM
Quote from: MUSTAfaINE on June 12, 2009, 07:31:37 AM
Album database file? What do you mean by that? You can add albums from the GUI in ACP.

i cant add albums at smf administaration panel, i ll look the albums database file and i ll write mine albums to database please send me yours albums database zip..

Kindred

ah.... robin,   I suspect it may be because this mod does not use an IMAGE for that....     so, it IS a theme problem (even on 2.0) because your theme is looking for an image, but this mod just installs as text (since the default and most themes build the menus as text)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cthulhumythos

Quote from: Nao 尚 on June 12, 2009, 05:03:10 PM
Quote from: cthulhumythos on June 12, 2009, 11:36:14 AM
after switching to all &id from ;id to get this plugin working on a mod_security 2+ enabled server and discovering that wasnt enough i modified the whole template and database/filehandling structure and have it happily working on a mod_s2 environment.
What needs to be done to make it compatible?

It was a quick and dirty workaround as i didnt have time to reverse engineer all the stuff going on. I am not a heavily skilled php'er but i can make my way around. I stopped it from obfuscating the extensions of the files, changed its renaming convention and the respective database entry method for that. Then i went around and made it present all content through normal html as opposed to using the php handling for presentation, as somewhere inside the handler there is another trigger that was causing something(ms2?) to loop indefinitely in my environ. Used a pile of ifs according to mediatype/extension (for now just in template until i get a chance to do it properly) and replaced your flash objects code for my own audio players for the respective types. I have not fully worked out what to do with your message icon system, i just disabled that for now, i will sort that today at some point... Everything works great, i tested it every way possible. Mass uploader, all of it. Thanks again!

nopity4u

Here's a quick suggestion for SMG. Sometimes you may want users to be able to have auto-approved uploads but only auto approved if it's in their personal albums. Maybe make it so that if "Auto Approve User Album" is selected it will also auto approve personal items to their personal albums only, and not to the other galleries if "Auto Approve Items" is unchecked.

Nao 尚

@cthulhu> Then I guess the only way I can make SMG compatible with mod_security is to actually have to install it myself on a mod_security enabled server...?

Could you share your updated (working) files with me? Maybe I could apply most of the changes, so that you could at least reduce the number of edits required for you when you upgrade to SMG2.

@nopity> You'll have to see Dragooon for that. If it weren't for him, there would be no permissions at all. I think I officially dislike any permission system ;)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Harvester

hmm

My Gallery was working fine.

I logged onto my site  tonight and 3 images that i could see earlier this evening were now just red X's.

I ran maintenance and it said that the files associated with items weree missing. I tried a few things and in the end I decided to just delete that specific album and recreate it.

Well I deleted it and now I cant create any albums. I keep getting this error:

QuoteThis album's directory couldn't be properly created, please make sure mgal_data and mgal_data/albums is chmodded to 777

mgal_data and  mgal_data/albums are 777 

I have SMF 1.1.9 and I am using SMG 1.5.6

Urbanite

I have already spent 4 hours going around in circles on this, I am trying to permit a "board moderator" access to administer the gallery. There is no membergroup for moderators in the Gallery Privacy Membergroups Settings, only guests, regular members and global moderators, can I not have a moderator that is set at board level administer the gallery too, or what have I missed?

V2 RC 1-1
Just when you finally get it idiot proof ...along comes a bigger idiot!

Nao 尚

@Harvester> Are you in PHP safe mode?
Also try chmodding to 0644 or 0755.
Urbanite, you can only give *member groups* such permissions as moderate or administrate (administer?) your gallery.
Just create a custom member group for gallery mods...

Urbanite

Thanks Nao, posting the question on here would have been time better spent!  :D
Just when you finally get it idiot proof ...along comes a bigger idiot!

TauTau

I searched this (mega-)thread, but couldn't find anything helpful.
I'm running my site with german-utf8 usually, installation of SMG worked fine on SMF 1.1.9, but as long as I don't switch the language to english I'm missing the configuration Link to SMG in the Admin area as well as I don't see any text when editing permissions. When I switch to english everything is ok, but I'd prefer to run the site in german ;)  I installed the german language file from this thread SMGGerman-1.5.2.zip [nofollow] which contains ISO and UTF-8 files as it seems, but still no dice. I got these error messages in the log when runninng german-utf8:

Quote8: Undefined index: mgallery_gallery
Datei: /var/www/web4/web/smf/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.german-utf8.php (main_above sub template - eval?)
Zeile: 589

8: Undefined index: mgallery_gallery
Datei: /var/www/web4/web/smf/Sources/MGallery-Admin.php
Zeile: 2449

any ideas?

totaltutankoll

Quote from: Harvester on June 15, 2009, 01:19:38 AM
hmm

My Gallery was working fine.

I logged onto my site  tonight and 3 images that i could see earlier this evening were now just red X's.

I ran maintenance and it said that the files associated with items weree missing. I tried a few things and in the end I decided to just delete that specific album and recreate it.

Well I deleted it and now I cant create any albums. I keep getting this error:

QuoteThis album's directory couldn't be properly created, please make sure mgal_data and mgal_data/albums is chmodded to 777

mgal_data and  mgal_data/albums are 777 

I have SMF 1.1.9 and I am using SMG 1.5.6
i have another version of the forum but get the same message ::) my chmode is set to 777
Started out with a SMF-forum a couple of years ago went on to Dynamic web (read dynamic crap) and am now back in the land of Simple Machines.

Non, je ne regrette rien!

Advertisement: