Index.php Opening While Loading Page

Started by Feriscool, November 18, 2010, 07:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feriscool

Sometimes when I click on a link on my forum, it tries to load the page and for some reason, it bring up the download interface (I'm using firefox):

It happens every 1-2 clicks. It's extremely annoying.

What's wrong?

Illori

does this happen only to you? does this happen in other browsers? sounds like a local setting for viewing php files was set to open in a text file and not your browser.

Feriscool

Bigguy

I have seen this happen here before on this site so it is something that one of the team should be able to help with.

kartheekb

Post your Site. & Let us check once.. is it opening same to us or not
www.jntuhub.com/forum (check out my forums)

Illori

all pages a guest can access without registering are loading fine without having to download anything, this must be a local issue on how your pc sees php files and needs to be changed. best support for this would a forum for your os.

Feriscool

This happened on my Windows Xp and Windows 7 too...

Bigguy

I believe it is something with the server configuration but I am not sure. I'm sorry I can't be much more help.

Feriscool

Matthew K.

I have also experienced this, but it was a while ago, and I am unsure as to how it was resolved.

Feriscool

Bigguy

I wish a team member was around that could answer this cause I know it has happened here and been fixed. For the life of me I can't think of the fix though.

Feriscool

I've searched through the forums too. I just hope someone in experience with this comes across this thread.

Deaks

this is a server issue, i think it happens when it takes too long in responding not sure exactly, issue is its usually random so its hard to pinpoint exact reason.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

tesser

By any chance are you hosting your own site ?

http://www.districtx.net84.net/

http://districtx.net84.net/

as you dont have www. in your link  even though  with and with out comes to the same page

Advertisement: