Registration agreement

Started by jimstone77, April 10, 2004, 11:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimstone77

The problem I have is the Guest registration agreement will not show up. When I save it in admin, and go back to edit it, it's not there. And the guests don't see it either. I checked the require box under the edit registration. Am I missing something?  I don't see any other require options. Need Help!

Homie

First, just so other people can help you better is it SMF or YaBB SE  Forum?

David

Considering this is SMF support, I'd assume SMF. ;)

I heard someone else report this problem last week although I never read the resolution.  I'd try to search for it to see if you can find that thread. :)
This space for rent.

Grudge

I don't have this problem on the latest build. When you go back into the registration agreement is the checkbox still checked??

If *not* use phpmyadmin and look in the smf_settings table for the variable:
requireAgreement

Make sure it is set to 1.
I'm only a half geek really...

[Unknown]

Make sure agreement.txt is writable.  Ignore any warnings, there was a bug with the warning.

-[Unknown]

ashlar

Hi just wanted to share my experience with this.  I upgraded from YabbSE 1.5.5 and agreement.txt didn't exist under the board folder after the upgrade.  You have to either copy or create an initial copy of agreement.txt from the command line in order for your updates to save successfully.  Setting the file to 777 will display the can't write to agreement.txt error but you can ignore this since you'll still be able to save your changes successfully.

[Unknown]

This is probably because the folder YaBB SE was installed in wasn't writable.

-[Unknown]

el-brujo

when you upgrade from YabbSE and edit "Registration agreement" if the file  "agreement.txt" didn't exists, SMF creates one, but if you try to chmod 666 this file  it's not possible, because you are no the owner.

So, try to download this file ( agreement.txt), delete from your hosting, and upload and try to chmod 666.

jimstone77

Quote from: ashlar on April 13, 2004, 11:02:16 PM
Hi just wanted to share my experience with this.  I upgraded from YabbSE 1.5.5 and agreement.txt didn't exist under the board folder after the upgrade.  You have to either copy or create an initial copy of agreement.txt from the command line in order for your updates to save successfully.  Setting the file to 777 will display the can't write to agreement.txt error but you can ignore this since you'll still be able to save your changes successfully.

I upgraded from YabbSE 1.5.5 also. I just checked, and this is exactly what happened. There is no agreement.txt file in the directory. No wonder it wouldn't show up. Thanks for the help. I was just about to give up on even having an agreement. I didn't even know it was changed from registration to "agreement.txt."  anyway, thanks again.

jimstone77

PS. I'm still getting the warning that the agreement.txt is not writable. Is this bug fixed and I'm missing something, or should I just ignore it?

[Unknown]

It's fixed, ignore it.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: