News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How can I change forum width?

Started by hatmak, April 29, 2024, 10:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatmak

Hi all,

Since this is the feature of the theme I use, I wanted to increase the width of the forum container and make it snap to the edges. I tried using CSS, but I couldn't do it. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do it? The picture is below.
Also, as seen in the second picture, changing some codes in the div.container section fixes it (such as increasing the 960px in the picture), but when I change them and add them to index.css, it does not update.I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

Steve

First, turn minified off.

Then change the 960px in the theme's index.css to 100%.

That's it. (Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.)

You can turn minified back on after this.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Julius_2000

Quote from: hatmak on April 29, 2024, 10:16:02 PMAlso, as seen in the second picture, changing some codes in the div.container section fixes it (such as increasing the 960px in the picture), but when I change them and add them to index.css, it does not update.I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.
This is most likely because the media query is defined in the responsive.css of your theme. You would have to edit it there.

hatmak

Quote from: Julius_2000 on May 01, 2024, 02:01:23 PM
Quote from: hatmak on April 29, 2024, 10:16:02 PMAlso, as seen in the second picture, changing some codes in the div.container section fixes it (such as increasing the 960px in the picture), but when I change them and add them to index.css, it does not update.I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.
This is most likely because the media query is defined in the responsive.css of your theme. You would have to edit it there.

Oh, thank you. Fixed. I didn't know how to edit these css codes, but I did it thanks to you.^_^.

Steve

There is also this mod: https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4223

It works 99% of the time meaning a very occasional theme doesn't work with it.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: