News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Lateral menus instead of dropdown menus

Started by Raffoz, August 21, 2022, 08:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffoz

I use SMF since 2005.
I just moved now to 2.1.2.

I loved the option (it was present in Profile--> Visualisation) to have the possibility to choose lateral menus instead of dropdown.
Is it still possible? It was faster to manage everything.

Tks! :)
MacOsX (last)
SMF 2.0.15 and 2.1.2 (different forums)
Chrome (last) or Safari (last)

GL700Wing

Quote from: Raffaele1977 on August 21, 2022, 08:32:51 AMI use SMF since 2005.
I just moved now to 2.1.2.

I loved the option (it was present in Profile--> Visualisation) to have the possibility to choose lateral menus instead of dropdown.
Is it still possible? It was faster to manage everything.

Tks! :)
You haven't mentioned which version of SMF you were using prior to moving to 2.1.2 but I'm not aware of the feature you're referring to being available in SMF 2.0 and I suspect it was added either by a mod or some custom code changes.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Illori

you mean the left hand side menu? that was removed in SMF 2.1.

Raffoz

Quote from: Illori on August 21, 2022, 08:57:59 AMyou mean the left hand side menu? that was removed in SMF 2.1.
Tks for the answer!
Is there any mod for it? I haven't found it yet.

Tks!
MacOsX (last)
SMF 2.0.15 and 2.1.2 (different forums)
Chrome (last) or Safari (last)

Illori

search on the forums here, i think some code was posted a while back.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

a10

Argh... am hating the dropdown. Will really miss the left hand menu when one day moving to 2.1, should be an option like in 2.0
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 21, 2022, 02:41:26 PMAnt's sidebars -

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=573662.msg4095578#msg4095578

Just add this to end of index.css, works fine in Curve2.  If you're using a custom theme, may have to add it at top of index.css, and tinker with formatting to match theme.

Really should be packaged as a mod.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Everything IS an option, with suitable modifications. ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

a10

Quote from: Kindred on August 22, 2022, 06:51:13 AMNo... not all things should be options. :P

Disagree. For example, there should absolutely be an option to change the 2nd and 5th letter in every word in every post into a different font and a different color. Because of the lack of such a vital feature, I am forced into changing to another forum platform.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

GL700Wing

Quote from: a10 on August 22, 2022, 02:43:00 PM
Quote from: Kindred on August 22, 2022, 06:51:13 AMNo... not all things should be options. :P

Disagree. For example, there should absolutely be an option to change the 2nd and 5th letter in every word in every post into a different font and a different color. Because of the lack of such a vital feature, I am forced into changing to another forum platform.
I'm sure @Antechinus will be right onto this with his CSS skills ... ;)
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!

Antechinus

No way, sunshine. :P I forcibly disable BBC colours to stop lunatics abusing them (or more accurately, abusing my eyes).

Advertisement: